Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 451526 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #2835 on: November 04, 2016, 02:29:42 pm »

That and the fact massive whining occurred on the forums IIRC. Honestly, though the AI needs a rework to judge overseas provinces, yeah. At least so that colonizers actually do shit besides colonize the Americas. A mission to get a province in india and indonesia works I suppose, but if a colonizer wants to actually do anything there it'll never work out.

Another gripe unrelated to that. Canton and Macau are the worst border wise. Why can't Hong Kong be a separate province. Even if it only became relevant after the end of EU IV. It just looks ugly otherwise :c

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: November 04, 2016, 05:23:26 pm »

Spain is finally driven out from West Africa. I needed the help of Almighty Big Blue Blob and Ottoderps, but I managed to ruin Spain's day. Behold, Great Moroccan Empire!

P.S That big black blotch in Southern Africa is a Spanish colony.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2837 on: November 04, 2016, 05:33:14 pm »

dat granda do

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: November 11, 2016, 01:03:28 pm »

This pales in comparison, but uh. My Morroco seems to be doing the same, albeit in spain instead of elsewhere. Bonus pet granada and other oddities!

The Link!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: November 11, 2016, 04:54:03 pm »

Start as England.
Five years after start BBB gets a PU over Castille (also, I have never seen the iberian wedding actually succeed and it only triggered once in around six attempts).
Sixty years later they still have that PU.
FML.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: November 11, 2016, 06:02:23 pm »

That's the worst. It's not quite Franco-Iberia level, but in my first 1.19 beta game France vassalized Anhalt and went ham conquering all the german minors nearby while the current emperor was swamped in too much debt to care. Soon afterwords the Commonwealth got a PU over a blobbed Brandenburg. Germany ended up being a playground for giants that game, was kind of weird being next to Denmark and having french Brandenbourg and Polish Cleves threatening your livelihood.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: November 11, 2016, 08:24:27 pm »

So, I'm preparing to buy DLC during cyber monday. Are any DLC bad? And what are all the non-music/icons one? I just want good gameplay changes.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: November 11, 2016, 09:56:12 pm »

So, I'm preparing to buy DLC during cyber monday. Are any DLC bad? And what are all the non-music/icons one? I just want good gameplay changes.

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Downloadable_content

All of the stuff under "expansions" is actual content and not music/textures/etc. Res Publica is "bad", very little content in it. Conquest of Paradise is pretty bad if you aren't going to play one of the natives in the new world.

The rest are more or less fine. Just make sure you are grabbing Art of War and Common Sense no matter what. The game is pretty incomplete without those two.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: November 13, 2016, 06:04:56 am »

In my 1.19 test game as Ottomans, I saw first AI bankruptcy. Interesting thing is that it happened after long, bloody coalition war against me ended, not when it was still going on.

*insert horrible pun about hunger and Hungary here*

And yea, here's mandatory first impressions about 1.19 open beta:
  • Small countries are doomed against big guys due to removed combat width penalty. It's much easier to stackwipe outnumbered enemy.
  • New fort system is much more confusing in 1.19 because UI doesn't show you where you can go and where you can't go.
  • UI improvements aren't noticeable for me at all, but thanks for overall missionary power tooltip.

Verdict: A mixed bag with more bad than good, but it's open beta, to be fair. Paradox forums are full of rage about AI spamming forts in every province possible, but the only area with forts everywhere in my game is Northern Italy.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: November 13, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »

i personally bankrupted ming in my last game

i was trying so hard to make them implode, but they managed to hold onto the mandate of heaven all the way through 1821

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: November 14, 2016, 05:10:40 pm »

As someone who only has EU4 with no DLCs. What are the "must-haves" to get when they go on sale? It looks like there is a lot of DLC, and I wouldn't be able to afford them all even on a steam sale.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: November 14, 2016, 05:21:36 pm »

As someone who only has EU4 with no DLCs. What are the "must-haves" to get when they go on sale? It looks like there is a lot of DLC, and I wouldn't be able to afford them all even on a steam sale.

Art of War, Common Sense, The Cossacks, and Rights of Man are the four most important, in no particular order. If you have these four, you have 99% of all the content in the game. Unless you play a native tribe you're very rarely going to interact with anything in the other DLCs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:23:12 pm by Rex_Nex »

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: November 14, 2016, 05:24:55 pm »

Art of War, Common Sense, The Cossacks, and Rights of Man are the four most important, in no particular order. If you have these four, you have 99% of all the content in the game. Unless you play a native tribe you're very rarely going to interact with anything in the other DLCs.

Thanks! I'll make note of them for the next Steam sales. I'll get El Dorado too, since I think that makes playing in the New World better, correct?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: November 14, 2016, 07:00:43 pm »

El Dorado gives extra mechanics to Aztecs, Incans, and Mayans.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: November 17, 2016, 09:49:39 am »

Uh-oh! Due to the extinction of Catholic nations in HRE and (ironically) Catholicism being the official faith of HRE, England became Emperor!

P.S I will die from laugh if Spain will be Emperor one day.

P.P.S Anyone else noticed that in 1.18/1.19 Protestant/Reformation Faith consumes HRE too fast? I even have Protestant Austria!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:15:09 am by CrocAndBearLover »

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 216