Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238036 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a14) - Now with more PUPPIES!
« Reply #750 on: October 25, 2013, 12:40:51 pm »

It wouldn't necessarily have to be wi-fi, for specifically that reason. You could have the whole system old-school wired with fixed user terminals placed around the prison (probably not in the cell blocks), which would stop prisoners just magically fucking everything up from the safety of their cells with mobiles/wireless tech. They'd have to sneak to a staff only area and then unleash their hax magic to dick with things. That way, if that happens, it's because your guards aren't up to scratch which is more fair imo :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 26, 2013, 01:20:05 pm »

Well, after re-starting about eight times I finally learned how to make myself solvent. The prisons name is "Cheapside". I thought it was appropriate given its modest goal. So far though my prison pop fluctuates only as high as the high twenties. Still, I am nearly up to day thirty, and no riots or escapes. I might try to make a maximum security wing later. Any suggestions on how I should handle them?

Also, I am up for possible challenges if anybody wants to play competitively. For example, beginning from scratch and only accepting maximum security prisoners. Maybe with restrictions on workshops.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 26, 2013, 01:28:08 pm »

I might try to make a maximum security wing later. Any suggestions on how I should handle them?

Wings are problematic if you want separate dining and cleaning and everything, ie them being self sufficient. It doesn't work well least I checked. You pretty much have to have a mixed cantina and only one cleaning/laundry room.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 26, 2013, 01:43:32 pm »

No kidding. So they wont route to more than one dining area? Letting a hundred plus prisoners use a single shared area seems dangerous to me.

If that is the case perhaps I can still deal with it by separating the dining hall into separate walled parts though. Ditto with yards.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 26, 2013, 02:08:56 pm »

If you change them to the green/red/white zones they'll just stop obeying the zoning. I tried before dogs, but I don't remember it being fixed. You'll end up with mixed prisoners in all your zones. Extra laundry rooms will just be ignored. The only thing I've seen respected is cell blocks. Max security prisoners are just bragging rights anyway. Easier to anger and such. No change in income per prisoner.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 26, 2013, 04:14:11 pm »

Eventually it'll probably work, but for now it does not.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 31, 2013, 09:18:27 am »

It's things like this why I love Introversion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx7KU2S_fbQ#t=69
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 31, 2013, 09:31:05 am »

Why don't real prisons do this?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 31, 2013, 09:33:46 am »

That was freaking hilarious! Thumbs up!!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 31, 2013, 12:17:35 pm »

Why don't real prisons do this?
They do, Actually, I'm pretty sure that the movie is a direct reference to these guys

Thriller
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:26:06 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Tyyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 18, 2013, 04:04:13 pm »

Is there anyway to deal with construction workers getting caught on doors. When my prisoners first show up and the doors start closing workers start to get hung up in doorways. Things look open but they get stuck on the doors. I can't figure out how to get them loose so I wind up sacking them.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 18, 2013, 04:30:58 pm »

Force the door open?

Or hire guards, who should open them.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 18, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »

Is there anyway to deal with construction workers getting caught on doors. When my prisoners first show up and the doors start closing workers start to get hung up in doorways. Things look open but they get stuck on the doors. I can't figure out how to get them loose so I wind up sacking them.

Good on you.  I'd fire any employee incapable of figuring out how doors work too.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tyyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 20, 2013, 02:45:05 pm »

Force the door open?

Or hire guards, who should open them.
I've got guards and the door is open. The worker gets hung up in the open door, right on the corner. They just will not move. It's lead to me hiring several extra workers at the start to try and build absolutely everything I can before prisoners show up because this bug starts wiping out my workforce fast once the doors start to open and close.

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 28, 2013, 03:45:01 am »

This game is on sale on Steam, is it worth getting?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 107