Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69937 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((What happened to the other prophets?))

Nothing in particular, why do you ask?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((What happened to the other prophets?))

Nothing in particular, why do you ask?
They haven't been posting much, I think is why he asked.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Third day bump - because two people simply won't do.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I promise. What's wrong? All I want is to know where Gezerim is."

Elizas asks the questions, whilst putting his hands up in a peaceful gesture.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

There's me, Xantalos, and eventually TCM. Did we have waitlisters?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DH and IronyOwl are ostensibly playing.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DH and IronyOwl are ostensibly playing.
I know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

Three, in fact.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shall we invite a couple of them to join the "party"? Possibly as a new convert?
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, that'd work. Really, the only thing that made me limit the number of players to five was the fact that it decides the god's character traits.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I've got it! We'll build a new bridge!

...how are you with architecture and manual labor?"

Start trying to figure out what I can build a bridge out of.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 39 - Alas, Poor Stumpy
« Reply #341 on: April 03, 2013, 11:50:12 am »

Turn 39 - Alas, Poor Stumpy

Gronok, seeing how the dust doesn't really tell him much, confers with his companion.

"Hey, do you have anything in your pockets?"

"I do not even have pockets."

It's true, he really doesn't. None of the prisoners had any clothes - this guy, the best clothed of all of them, is simply wrapped in some dirty rags and that's all.

"It took me twenty years of imprisonment to collect all these rags from other dead prisoners and fashion them into something vaguely like a robe."

"Hmm. Did you see any torches on the walls?"
[/quote]

"Yes, actually. There's one right next to you, in fact."

He points a long, bony finger at a torch that is, indeed, right next to Gronok.

"Ah, excellent. Back away, please."

"Right away."

As the man backs away, Gronok takes the torch. After making sure the man is safely away, he touches the torch to the black liquid.

In a move anticipated by no one, the liquid bursts into bright flames that spread rapidly along the hallway, setting it and any corridors similarly filled with the liquid on fire!

After a few minutes, a horrendous scream erupts from somewhere a good distance away, followed by several more. The old prisoner looks worried.

"I think the first one was Stumpy. And that second one was probably Thizir. Not sure about the rest, but they sound familiar as well."

Hm. Well now.

Phiali tries to find a piece of paper.

Naturally, he, being a man from the less civilized regions of the world without any particular need for paper or any other writing surface, doesn't have one. And the prospects of finding some in the woods seem unrealistic. Thus it is unlikely that he will get a map any time soon. Fortunately he, blessed with a rather fine sense of direction, could probably find his way to any place in these woods that he has previously been to.

Since that quest is a failure, he supposes he'll look for edibles.

[Search roll: 6-->6]

He finds a grove of fruit-bearing trees and shrubs! And the branches seem to have several large beehives in them for the discriminating man/bear on the go. Finally, it looks like there are several roots in the area that resemble edible ones from Phiali's home. All in all, a magnificent bounty has been found. And after all this, it's only noon!

Elizas puts on his most trustworthy look and asks some questions of the poor frightened woman.

"I promise. What's wrong? All I want to know is where Gezerim is."

"That's the problem! I don't know! The other women have left with him, and I don't know where! This is my first run with him, I don't know what's going on! I get the feeling something's wrong."

She doesn't seem to know much, regrettably.

Shashari decides to act upon her hatched idea. It's hers, after all, so it can't be totally bad

"I've got it! We'll build a new bridge!

...how are you with architecture and manual labor?"

"A bit better than hunting and woodsman stuff."

That's great! So, what could you make a bridge out of? Hm.

She realizes that this is the forest, so there are no piles of lumber or convenient stones lying around. Sadly, those are the things she knows how to work with to a limited degree. All the things you could find in the woods, such as beast saliva or skeletal remains, are hardly useful to her.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well if they were walking in oil I'm fairly sure Mo'kar wasn't favoring them. Anyhow, we might as well go the other way now that any guards down that way have died in a completely accidental fire."
Down the other passage!
Sig! Onol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ey, you should probably drop me with this posting speed. I'm not sure what to do now that I missed out on martyrdom.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ey, you should probably drop me with this posting speed. I'm not sure what to do now that I missed out on martyrdom.

Aw. Such a pity, that. Should you feel that you are ready to get back in someday, feel free to say so and I'll put you back in.

By the way, do you know what this means, guys? It means that you no longer will get MP for impressive displays of power!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 60