Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69722 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 59 - The Warren of Kezilam
« Reply #570 on: June 04, 2013, 08:47:59 am »

Lars thinks for a moment.

"Is the reliquary the priest headquarters or something?  Is there an armory, or a treasure room?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 04, 2013, 09:08:09 am »

Lars thinks for a moment.

"Is the reliquary the priest headquarters or something?  Is there an armory, or a treasure room?"

"Oh, the reliquary... well, the correct term is reliquary room, but we often skip the 'room' bit, is the treasure room - that's where they keep the Sacred Flame, among other things. And yes, we do have an armory - it's on the other side of the temple from the dungeon, near the reliquary, actually. So that the faithful don't have to move far to get the weapons to guard the more important things. A matter of efficiency, really."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 04, 2013, 09:09:15 am »

"Can you take us to the armory?  Pitchforks and torches only go so far.  Plus, if there are guards in there, we don't want them coming behind us when we storm the reliquary..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 04, 2013, 09:45:52 am »

"Can you take us to the armory?  Pitchforks and torches only go so far.  Plus, if there are guards in there, we don't want them coming behind us when we storm the reliquary..."

"Sure, but I think we'll need more than 4 people to get through whatever's on the way over there - they are bound to have people watching the tunnels, plus they've had time to lay traps now. Though too many people aren't needed either - they've still got the advantage over us in narrow hallways."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 04, 2013, 09:47:09 am »

"Okay, we'll find some others.  Do you know of any guards that are likely to turn?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 04, 2013, 09:49:17 am »

"Okay, we'll find some others.  Do you know of any guards that are likely to turn?"

"No, not really. I only turned because I got forced into doing this guard thing - was the fourth-born son, you see - and if the others have got similar circumstances, they haven't talked to me about it."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:53 am »

Well, preferably nothing that gets you arrested. I doubt either of us has a t money on our person.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 04, 2013, 10:00:06 am »

"Okay.  Let's make a mob."

Gather up others for a final assault.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 04, 2013, 02:58:24 pm »

((Hm...I will wait, oh, 5 more turns so I've been going at this precisely 25% of the game. Could you remind me of this come Turn 63/64?))

Look again in the houses for anything which could hold water, repair a bucket, or be of sufficient value/interest to earn some MP. Hope that God rolls the dice instead of assuming I find nothing. Hopefully, I'll find something interesting...hm, actually interesting might not be a good thing...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 04, 2013, 03:04:27 pm »

((You enter a house... and fall through to the rotted-out basement.

It is pitch dark inside.  You are likely to be eaten by a grue.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 04, 2013, 03:16:51 pm »

((You enter a house... and fall through to the rotted-out basement.

It is pitch dark inside.  You are likely to be eaten by a grue.))
((>Light Torch))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #581 on: June 04, 2013, 03:19:11 pm »

((Don't you have that receptacle? Why don't you use that to carry water?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 04, 2013, 03:23:47 pm »

Probably because it's shiny! And worth MP!

Prophets don't share, you see.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 04, 2013, 03:25:31 pm »

((I don't want her to think I stole it. Besides, that's my backup plan.))
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 60 - Three Chords and the Truth
« Reply #584 on: June 06, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »

Turn 60 - Three Chords and the Truth

Elizas, being quite ready for his audition, takes out his guitar and starts to play this beautiful ditty he thought of just now, "I'm Actually A Traveling Prophet Whose Ulterior Motive In Getting This Job is To Influence the Minds of Everyone Here With Subliminal Lyrics in All of My Songs".

[Vocal music roll: 2+1]

He plays three chords.

"I'm actually a traveling prophet whose ulterior motive in getting this job is to influence the minds of everyone here with subliminal lyrics in all of my songs," he nonchalantly narrates.

"Was that the song?"

Elizas plays the same three chords.

"Maybe?"

"You get points for honesty, I suppose. Got any other routines? Might be possible to take this prophet thing places."

Shashari scowls at her faithful yet pessimistic companion.

"...well thanks, here I was getting all optimistic. Still, I guess it's good to keep that in mind. Okay, nothing looks wrong, so unless there really is a water sprite or something..."

"Or predatory fish or something."

Yes. Or predatory fish. Of course. Shashari begins to wade into the water.

[Strength roll: 4]

There are some really strong undercurrents in this river - thing's more treacherous than a paternal grandmother with a chip on her shoulder. It takes quite a bit of balance to not get swept off her feet as soon as she steps into the dark water. And this river gets really deep really fast from the looks of it. In fact, it doesn't look to be quite your average ordinary river, to be honest. There's something awfully tectonic about its shape - it's less of a bed created by water washing stuff away and more like the mouth of hell itself opened up and had a nice drink of fresh spring water from the bleeding hearts of the nearby mountain sprites.

Lars, a plan of attack quickly forming in his mind, goes back to gather the people for an assault on the most sacred bits of the Temple of Amaliz Teze.

Unfortunately, most of them appear to have wandered off to places and whatnot. There's only two people left in the main hall, looks like.

Guess they took that searching directive really seriously.

Gronok has a nice chat with his non-brain-damaged companion.

"What we need is to find the Enemy who dwells here... but first we need to start converting. Some food and water would be nice, if you could retrieve it for me."

"So... food and water, then. Do you want me to bring anything else? What about methods? Anything I should not do to attain said things, Great Prophet?"

"Well, preferably nothing that gets you arrested. I doubt either of us has any money on our person."

"Well, I'll try to figure something out. Be back soon! Get well, Great Prophet!"

And so Onon leaves to seek out fortune and vittles for the hungry prophet. He comes back three hours later. Sadly, he is quite empty-handed.

"It turns out you can't get a whole lot of things legally without money. Who knew, huh? And begging doesn't work either. Loitering is punishable with ritual immolation now, apparently."

Oh dear. How barbaric.

Phiali, scarcely able to remember the now-distant times before he took on the quest for the bucket of water, tries once more to find something of use in the houses. He will wring some usefulness out of their worthless carcasses, this he swears! He will steal something suitably useful, yet not valuable and important enough to be successfully identified as not actually his property! And to do this, he shall abandon any standards! All that is even remotely valuable, he will consider it for personal use!

And he is successful! He finds a rather large leather hat. It is probably one of the uglier leather hats he's seen. In fact, it's only by the feathers on it and a bit of cloth wrapped around it that he can tell that it's not a bag of some kind.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60