Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69964 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 60 - Three Chords and the Truth
« Reply #585 on: June 06, 2013, 05:26:06 pm »

Well, if you can help me up I think I may be able to do something. First if all, is telling tales illegal?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 06, 2013, 08:23:31 pm »

(60-43=17 Gosh darn it.)

"I give up."

Bring the water receptacle to the woman. Fill it first if it's not full. Hope that this works.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:31:12 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 06, 2013, 10:07:54 pm »

"Brothers, with me!  We shall assault the heart of evil itself!"

Gather the peasants.  Head toward the armory and grab anyone else on the way.  Let the turned guard lead and look out for traps.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 06, 2013, 10:18:49 pm »

"Other routines? Sure, tons of them!"

Elizas plays another tune for the guards, "Guards Are Really Cool People That Get Money and Women."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 07, 2013, 03:27:35 am »

"Hrm... well, if... maybe..."

Try laying flat in the water, trying to stay above the undercurrents. See if I can successfully swim like that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #590 on: June 07, 2013, 05:27:42 am »

Bring the water receptacle to the woman. Hope that this works.
((Aren't you forgetting something? Shouldn't you put water in the hat before bringing it to her? You know, since the quest was a quest for water, not a quest for buckets, even though that's what it turned into.
I wonder what the old lady used to get water for herself...
Maybe she's a ghost. Boooooooh!))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:31:10 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 08, 2013, 10:58:38 am »

Well, if you can help me up I think I may be able to do something. First if all, is telling tales illegal?

"Probably not, though it also probably depends on the tale."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 08, 2013, 11:01:26 am »

Well then. Let's get going, shall we?

Get Onon to help me up and take me to someplace elevated.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 61 - Unexpected Hosts
« Reply #593 on: June 10, 2013, 02:45:40 pm »

Turn 61 - Unexpected Hosts

Phiali, giving up on the completely terrible and broken bucket as a potential receptacle of water, fills up the copper water receptacle again and goes back to the house, knocking on the door. A very unattractive middle-aged man opens it, his face containing within it a very clear impression of general degeneracy that seems to metaphorically lunge at Phiali like a wild animal.

"What do you want?" he asks in a surly tone.

Lars gathers the three available peasants!

"Brothers, with me!  We shall assault the heart of evil itself!"

He then begins to lead his glorious assault, picking up ten others as he walks through the halls, allowing the guard to lead the way around any obvious traps or optimum ambush locations! However, at one point the guard stops.

"Um, I think we might be surrounded."

Lars listens in. He doesn't hear anything at all. The other peasants look to each other and shrug as well.

"Yep, definitely surrounded. And they're coming this way. Be careful."

Elizas, seeing that the guards appear to be enjoying his musical stylings, continues with his next masterpiece, "Guards Are Really Cool People That Get Money and Women".

[Vocal music roll: 6-->4+1]

And what a song it is. Continuing the magnificent tradition of soaring, triumphant songs by the prophet, the song is an anthem celebrating all the virtues of the humble guard, beginning with their respect for duty, their toughness and steadfast refusal to admit strange people who may very well be harboring nefarious intentions, then expounds upon the fact that their job will, in fact, have a reward - money and women, delivered in this life or the next, but ultimately delivered. At the end of it, one guard is in tears. The other is also visibly moved.

"That was beautiful. Let me show you in."

He leads Elizas deeper into the building, coming into a room with a small, fat man reading a scroll while sitting on a large cushion.

"Um, sir, this man wants to speak with you."

The man looks up with his small, narrow eyes at Elizas.

"Yes? What is it you wish?"

Shashari, thinking of how to bypass the deathtrap formed by what could only be an opening to the underworld itself, comes to a decision.

"Hrm... well, if... maybe..."

Not a well-articulated decision, mind you, but a decision nonetheless. She tries to lay flat on the water and float.

[Flotation roll: 5]

It works perfectly, actually. The undercurrents only start deeper down, being undercurrents, Shashari realizes, so it should be a snap getting over the deadly river now that she's got the hang of it. Up top the current's no stronger than a mild pull.

"That certainly doesn't look all that bad."

Gronok understands the depth of his predicament, but also understands that there is no predicament his mouth cannot outrun, even if it has to leave his tender brain behind.

"Well then. Let's get going, shall we?" he says, indicating to Onon that he should come closer and help him out. And Onon does.

Good news is, he's feeling rather good now! He doesn't even get the urge to throw up incredibly intensely as Onon helps to lug his traumatized bulk all over town. On the way, Gronok points out his desire to get to someplace elevated. Unfortunately, aside from the tower of what is obviously a rather inhabited Kezilamite temple, they don't really see any particular elevations that look very dramatic and whatnot. There are some slightly steeper streets, sure, but that's mostly it.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 10, 2013, 08:16:47 pm »

"Um...hello. Do you know where the old woman I was asked to bring water to is?"

((That is what happened, right? It's been a while...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 10, 2013, 10:01:07 pm »

"How many of them are there?  And how can you tell?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 10, 2013, 10:10:20 pm »

Gronok hobbles his way up to the steps and says in his best wise man voice, People of Lazalam! There are many things in this world of ours that give us joy - love, food, devotion. But I find that one thing that always sets me in a good mood is a story. I'd like to pass that good mood onto you. What kind of stories would you wish me to tell?

Announce my intention to tell stories. Question crowd as to what type of story they would like to hear.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 11, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »

"Um...hello. Do you know where the old woman I was asked to bring water to is?"

((That is what happened, right? It's been a while...))

The man stares at you.

"Old... woman? I don't think there are old women here, unless you mean Azha. She's certainly not old, I would say. Hardly past thirty-five."

"How many of them are there?  And how can you tell?"

"About... six to eight, I would say. And it comes with practice."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 11, 2013, 09:30:42 pm »

Um...

Where did the Quest for Water start? I can't even remember what exactly happened.
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 11, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »

Elizas asks the man for a job at this place as an entertainer, using his hit singled "I'm A Prophet And Need A Job At This Cathouse."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60