Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69925 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 73 - A Most Powerful Revelation
« Reply #735 on: July 24, 2013, 01:34:14 pm »

Hmm. So if someone weakened their neighborhood support, then they could fall...
Would you hypothetically prefer to have the cult of my god in power? He does directly support your effort, and you could worship Him - or Her, doesn't really apply - and still get away with it because since Kezilam and Mo'kar are just aspects of the same god you would still be not lying when you say you worship Kezilam.

Hypothetical conversion attempt. If he seems interested tell him about God.
Tell him the creation story only if he asks for it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 25, 2013, 01:25:25 pm »

Spread this new music throughout the city!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 25, 2013, 01:28:20 pm »

Checking back into this, I see our heroes are still stuck at average 3 Miracle Points. Not much progress. What's the biggest miracle anyone's done here, eh?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 25, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »

How badly Phiali has managed to fail?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 25, 2013, 02:07:03 pm »

I don't think anyone has spent over three points?  Lars burned two people.

Speaking of Lars, he should act.

--

Lars surveyed the treasure.  He knew what had to be done- especially with those relics.

"Faithful brothers!  Help yourselves to a reward- but don't burden yourself too much, for we must deal with our foes in the armory!  I have a plan..."  Lars motioned to one of his close followers.  "Help me roll this barrel out of here."

Loot those two major relics- burn the rest.  Help self to some expensive yet light loot, then roll that barrel of oil to the armory door with the rest of the mob in tow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 25, 2013, 02:21:06 pm »

Checking back into this, I see our heroes are still stuck at average 3 Miracle Points. Not much progress. What's the biggest miracle anyone's done here, eh?
((These things take time. I'm beginning to convert an entire city, and will probably kill Satjap along the way.))
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 26, 2013, 05:04:01 pm »

((Do bear in mind that God dislikes waste.

...I wonder if he's pissed at me for missing so many turns? :x))

Examine the leather and see if I can discern the titles or contents of the books without damaging them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 74 - A Missed Connection
« Reply #742 on: July 29, 2013, 04:09:01 pm »

Turn 74 - A Missed Connection

Phiali takes a moment to try and ascertain the source of his terrible failures so far, kneeling down in prayer.

He gets up a few minutes later, feeling rather empty and unfulfilled in addition to being completely disappointed from previously. He isn't really sure what to do now, to be honest. Everybody really hates him for some reason, it seems, and it doesn't seem like this unwarranted persecution is likely to end any time soon.

Gronok decides to approach this particular fellow politically, as he seems to tend toward such things.

"Hmm. So if someone weakened their neighborhood support, then they could fall... would you hypothetically prefer to have the cult of my god in power? He does directly support your effort, and you could worship Him - or Her, doesn't really apply - and still get away with it because since Kezilam and Mo'kar are just aspects of the same god you would still be not lying when you say you worship Kezilam."

"I would prefer any cult but that of Kezilam in power alongside Vaziim's, or preferably none other at all. And I can't say I worship Kezilam, because that will both alienate me from my fellow scribes and allow Kezilamites to come in here - and I will go ahead and tell you right away that they will not go along with rather ill-conceived technicalities. In fact, they'd probably torture and murder me even more painfully for being a subversive heretic rather than the more overt, less incriminating kind. Arguing with one of the priests, who will undoubtedly be on my doorstep soon if I even provide a hint of converting, is likely to only make it worse. So if you wish to actually attain some popularity for your god, I'd advise coming up with a better hook than that."

Sounds reasonable, he supposes. Unfavorable, but reasonable.

Inspired quite wonderfully, Elizas decides to take a trip through town, get the music spreading!

Unfortunately, there are few people in the streets, and though his playing is most exquisite, he is having trouble finding a prospective audience.

In other news, though, his shift at that wondrous establishment he works at is coming up in a couple of hours. There should be plenty of people there, he guesses.

Lars, upon taking first crack at the loot (and a rather indulgent crack at that), including the head and revelations of Amaliz Teze, then setting fire to any other relics present, of which there are quite a few. He feels all warm inside when the bottled sweat of some weirdo boils and the scalp of the first traitor to Kezilam bursts into flame. He feels he's done a good thing here.

"Faithful brothers!  Help yourselves to a reward- but don't burden yourself too much, for we must deal with our foes in the armory!  I have a plan..." he tells the faithful, who proceed to grab all sorts of cool loot. "Help me roll this barrel out of here," he says to one that quickly returns, pockets lined with gold and jewelry. Quite satisfied, the fellow helps him out, and together they roll the barrel of sanctified oil to the armory door, where it rests fairly comfortably.

Miscellaneous heretic relics burned! 1 MP gained!
Looting performed! 1 MP gained!

Shashari takes a closer look at the bits of leather on the table. She concludes that they aren't actually leather, strictly speaking. They're not nearly well-prepared enough. It's a few steps away from leather, and somewhat fresh. Not to mention rather... pungent.

However, that's not the most important thing about them - the most interesting part is that they appear to be covered in writing on both sides, making for quite a lot of text. The writing appears to have been done with some sort of dark substance, and Shashari is pretty sure that she doesn't want to know more than that. The handwriting is rather shaky and all over the place, making actually reading the thing a bit difficult, but she gets the idea that this is some kind of journal, judging by the fact that there appear to be rough approximations of times on the strips.

Okay, maybe she'll look at that later. Right now, there's also books. They aren't nearly as well-preserved as the leather bits, and most of them seem moldy and extremely damp. The titles are mostly unreadable, but Shashari does make out one word on a spine of a particular damaged manuscript - "songs".

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 29, 2013, 06:01:09 pm »

Humph. Do you know if there's any prominent Kelamazite priests in the area, or who heads the church in Lazalam?
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 29, 2013, 07:36:09 pm »

Examine the... "leather" journal in more detail.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 29, 2013, 08:13:57 pm »

"Crud."

Climb onto the roof of the inhabited house and bless it as a last-ditch effort.
...If this fails, look through the abandoned houses for something to loot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 29, 2013, 08:23:15 pm »

You've got to love a god that rewards you for fiery pillaging, looting, making off with their women, drinking all their booze after, then telling everyone else about it later.

"Here is the idea.  We open this cask of oil, open the door, spill it in, then burn them alive in it.  Simple enough?  Once it's safe, we go in and kill the survivors- they've had enough chances to repent."  Lars turns to the guard that has been his guide.  "Do you see any problems with this?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 29, 2013, 10:41:05 pm »

Elizas continues playing in hopes attracting someone. Regardless of the outcome, he heads to his workplace when the hour arrives.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 31, 2013, 05:54:56 pm »

Humph. Do you know if there's any prominent Kelamazite priests in the area, or who heads the church in Lazalam?

"Yes - Blessed Trizitima, though hardly a full priest, nonetheless enjoys a position of great respect among her peers, and could be said to be the unofficial head of the Kezilamites within this city, or at least most respected. As for the highest-ranking priest, I would say that's Pharzi of Gezpom, quite the nasty sort. And then there's also Xer the Pure, who, rather like Trizitima, lacks a high rank but has distinguished himself as a proactive Kezilamite, moreso than his fellows. And then there's Juz. He's probably the craziest one, attracts a lot of zealots around him, goes around torching things for a living."

"Here is the idea.  We open this cask of oil, open the door, spill it in, then burn them alive in it.  Simple enough?  Once it's safe, we go in and kill the survivors- they've had enough chances to repent."  Lars turns to the guard that has been his guide.  "Do you see any problems with this?"

The guard shrugs.

"I think we even have a key for this door. We do have its guard, yes?"

The other converted guard nods, handing over a rather large key.

I keep forgetting to update this in a timely fashion. Sorry, guys.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 31, 2013, 06:16:09 pm »

And all of them would react violently if told of another god?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60