Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3731715 times)

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog has the most tragic backstory
« Reply #2385 on: March 26, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »

STAB THE BIG SWORD THROUGH ITS CORE
+1
+1

Also: Slog, keep healing!
NVM, +1
+1 in spite of potential failure!

(If only our +1's cumulated as a plus to the roll.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:00:37 pm by Brawler Mouse »
Dendritic.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: March 26, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »

(If only our +1's cumulated as a plus to the roll.)

((...Genius.

If you're all the voices in Ciro's head, wouldn't that be like, cheering her on, getting her pumped? Maybe include battle cries. You can do it! Beat him 'til he cries!

Seriously considering this.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: March 26, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »

It would be an interesting idea. When we're all fairly of the same mind about something, which isn't that often to be honest, it would make it easier, but if we're scatterbrained or spread out, such as during a tough choice, it would make things harder as the +1's wouldn't be there.

Conversely, you could have a -1 for each ties, to show divided attention or indecision. Wouldn't happen often, but I'm iffy about just giving straight bonuses.

This would encourage more focus in ideas, and less ties however. An idea that already has a lot of backing would be hard to topple, even if a new idea would be better by chance. However the added bonuses would make even stupid ideas plausible, if with enough backing, and could give for some awesome instances of critical effect if we all agree.

/2bits

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 26, 2013, 04:54:19 pm »

awesome idea! There would be maluses depending on the number of ideas submitted, no bonus if there is only two opposed, and bonus if one is largely supported.
That, indeed, would make silly ideas viable with enough cheers behind it, and it fits the general game spirit, IMO.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: March 26, 2013, 05:10:10 pm »

Okay.
okay.

Ciro: Be at an awkward angle to polaris, clot cutter beam Polaris.
Slog: Be the healer you were meant to be.
Riltila: Locking glass on ciro

(Awkward angle as in the beam attack would only hit Ciro.)

+1

Not sure if the awkward angle thing is possible while still allowing her to be healable, but at least move to a right angle so Polaris can only hit two of the three party members. Otherwise, this is probably the best shot, since Ciro needs defense badly and the others can afford to take a hit.

+1

And yeah, that core does look pretty stabbable. Sort of like those alien ship cannons in Independence Day that can be taken out by a dude flying his plane into them and chain-reacting into destroying the whole shebang. Do this on the following turn, since Polaris makes it sound like he's going to be spamming this attack. Riltia's sword should be enough, though. Do you really want to chance losing this cool green elec blade we just got?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: March 26, 2013, 05:20:39 pm »

But what about the secret quest "Kill a boss with its own weapon?"

In all seriousness though, it does draw questions as to if you would be hurting or healing him with the blade. Hopefully hurting. I want to kill him with his own blade, but I understand if it is risky. Doubt killing him with it would cause us to lose the blade though.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: March 26, 2013, 06:28:38 pm »

+1
And yeah, that core does look pretty stabbable. Sort of like those alien ship cannons in Independence Day that can be taken out by a dude flying his plane into them and chain-reacting into destroying the whole shebang.
Ah yes. That was a very silly movie. Although, the Nostalgia Critic review of it is pretty good.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: March 26, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »

And yeah, that core does look pretty stabbable. Sort of like those alien ship cannons in Independence Day that can be taken out by a dude flying his plane into them and chain-reacting into destroying the whole shebang.

If there's one thing Gradius has taught us; it's to attack when the boss shows its core.
Dendritic.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: March 27, 2013, 11:49:41 pm »

If there's one thing Gradius has taught us; it's to attack when the boss shows its core.
I am forced to agree with that. When the enemy exposes it's core, it's vulnerable to attack and MASSIVE DAMAGE! If only Polaris had taken the form of a giant crab, I could complete the quote properly...

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 27, 2013, 11:50:31 pm »

If there's one thing Gradius video games has have taught us; it's to attack when the boss shows its core.

Seriously.

Run a sword through its belly!
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: March 27, 2013, 11:54:02 pm »

muuuust

updaaaaate

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 30, 2013, 12:33:28 am »

This is pretty much the best thing ever.

+1 to the stabbing of the weakpoint with the sword. Should disable it's laser, even if it doesn't kill it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 30, 2013, 08:45:37 am »

Why do I keep getting excited when there's a new post in a game like this? I know it's just going to be a bump or bit of praise nine times out of ten...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: March 30, 2013, 08:50:43 am »

Why do I keep getting excited when there's a new post in a game like this? I know it's just going to be a bump, a bit of praise or a comment by GWG on one of the above ninety-nine times out of hundred...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:57:26 am by Dariush »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: March 30, 2013, 09:38:21 am »

It's typically not me; why single me out?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1544