Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3782068 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: "Home" again
« Reply #12015 on: March 04, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »

Following those links does lead to an important reminder- the SP fountain in the LAZORDRAGON room was one use- and is now zero use.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: March 04, 2014, 01:05:07 pm »

Following those links does lead to an important reminder- the SP fountain in the LAZORDRAGON room was one use- and is now zero use.
Tell the Shopkeeper on DL3 that the dragon thinks it can out-laser him, and that it has money.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: March 04, 2014, 01:22:30 pm »

Tell the Shopkeeper on DL3 that the dragon thinks it can out-laser him, and that it has money.
+1

Also +1 to attempting Cherish Soul Star attempt.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: March 04, 2014, 01:50:59 pm »

Wait a minute, we already have the Asynchrony Catalyst in our storage (just noticed).  While we have shown it to her before and she didn't recognise it, Al didn't recognise his either so it's still possible.

give catalyst to Cherish, and ask her to attempt to second shift it.
+1

-1 to any action involving the words 'Slog' or 'blorble'

Also, check available mercenaries and sidequests. Might as well whilst we're here.
AlsoAlso give wizard hat to Cherish. Since we don't seem to be blood shaping anything, I'd rather the healer have enough juice for another heal or two.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #12019 on: March 04, 2014, 01:51:51 pm »

Soul charge is a renewable resource. It is worth wasting it to revive Slog.
Slog is basically worthless except as a warm body, which we have plenty of. In addition, Soul Charge is as renewable as...soil fertility--sure, it can be done, but it's not going to be easy, fun, or fast.

On balance, every life is worth saving. But everything has a cost, and every good thing has a point where the cost becomes too high to pay. When is that point?
And let's face it, we're a hero not a charity. Defeating the bad guy, saving the day, and acquiring loot are our primary goals; reviving random mercenaries isn't one of them. We can't save everyone. We should be aware of this.

But we're not a hero.  We're not out to defeat the bad guy.  We're Bay 12, after all.  Our primary goal is to use up expensive materials for minor gain because why not.  We're in it for the looting, not the loot, and damnit if we're going to let something tell us we can't have our pet slime back.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: March 04, 2014, 02:33:34 pm »

Soul charge is a renewable resource. It is worth wasting it to revive Slog.
Slog is basically worthless except as a warm body, which we have plenty of. In addition, Soul Charge is as renewable as...soil fertility--sure, it can be done, but it's not going to be easy, fun, or fast.

On balance, every life is worth saving. But everything has a cost, and every good thing has a point where the cost becomes too high to pay. When is that point?
And let's face it, we're a hero not a charity. Defeating the bad guy, saving the day, and acquiring loot are our primary goals; reviving random mercenaries isn't one of them. We can't save everyone. We should be aware of this.

But we're not a hero.  We're not out to defeat the bad guy.  We're Bay 12, after all.  Our primary goal is to use up expensive materials for minor gain because why not.  We're in it for the looting, not the loot, and damnit if we're going to let something tell us we can't have our pet slime back.

+1,

And if FFS tells us that we can't revive Slog, we start a riot, because why not.

I'm not being serious about the riot, but still, +1.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: March 04, 2014, 02:54:01 pm »

Also, check available mercenaries and sidequests. Might as well whilst we're here.
AlsoAlso give wizard hat to Cherish. Since we don't seem to be blood shaping anything, I'd rather the healer have enough juice for another heal or two.

+1 to these two, especially the hat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: March 04, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »

Ciro =/= Bay12. I'm acting in-character, so sue me.
And why not? Because it's a waste of time and you probably won't even get your worthless slime back!

+1 to these two, especially the hat.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: March 04, 2014, 03:08:53 pm »

And why not? Because it's a waste of time and you probably won't even get your worthless slime back!

Ciro's character IS Bay 12.  He all but knows this too.  And if we aren't getting Slog back, then we aren't using enough resources.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: March 04, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

Shun the heretic! Shunnnn!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: March 04, 2014, 03:22:52 pm »

And if we aren't getting Slog back, then we aren't using enough resources.
Or maybe it's just impossible.

If you really want to get Slog back, see if you can connect us to the Wormverse. Contessa seems pretty good at bringing basically-dead people back to full health with no explanation.
I'd call the above a spoiler, but it doesn't make any sense unless you've already read all of Worm, so eh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: March 04, 2014, 03:25:11 pm »

I agree that trying to revive slog at the moment is a waste of time.  As someone has already said, we need his soul binding first so we can't do anything until we find it.  Also spending a long time fiddling about trying to revive slog at the moment is a very bad idea due to the short schedule we're on in regards to Cain, and I really think we should keep our time on this floor to a minimum if possible.  If we're going to waste our time with anything, we should waste it trying to find our missing party members Riltia and Proxxy, considering they are both siblings (probably) and are infinitely more useful than slog.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: March 04, 2014, 03:31:09 pm »

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: March 04, 2014, 03:44:38 pm »

short schedule
What schedule.
I agree with this. Seriously, what schedule are we talking about?
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: March 04, 2014, 03:46:32 pm »

Cain made frequent allusions to the fact that it won't be long before he is detected and locked down again.  That means we only have a certain amount of time with which to reach him.  We did get him to stop sending us messages every 5 minutes which may have bought us some more time, but we're still on a deadline.  Admittedly we don't know how long of a deadline so we could have loads of time, but with the chance of recruiting/fighting Cain at stake, is it worth the risk to wait too long?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:48:49 pm by draco1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1544