Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400538 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »

If I may speak up? even though Overgod moves around mortals at the moment, his powers and his proper being is asleep. Hence his influnece on the world should non-existent. Even if he teleports and starts talking, Udil will ignore him as some random guy - mainly because he's squaring off with a giant at this very moment.
Well, Omnipotent Overgod just likes to mess with stuff randomly, Avatar Overgod is the one who acts like a chess master. But whatever, if you ignore me that's fine, I just wanted to know what was happening; as an Avatar, that's basically all I can do really.

What I meant was that ascendants were meant to be mortals rising into godhood from scratch - ascending gods. Udil isn't an ascendant yet in that he was still a mere mortal right before receiving the blessing, hardly starting any ascension at all. I get that you missed the subtlety and I apologize for the lack of clarity, but the point remains: he has yet to do anything a god would notice. Fate isn't a divine magic or any kind of magic, it's essentially luck - being chosen by destiny.

Ardas also has a good point - the overgod is theoretically sleeping. He can keep track of the board while playing himself as a dwarven villager while having his main consciousness be asleep while being drained of his powers?
A: I built the board and connected it to the planet. Any important figures, kings, prophets, and people destined for greatness show up as a seperate piece. He hasn't done anything, but he has a great destiny and therefore, the board shows him as a new piece.
B: Omnipotent Overgod is asleep, but Avatar Overgod is his manifestation while sleeping. So, I always keep track of the board, but I can still do stuff on Earth, but only minor things.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:47:22 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2013, 09:43:43 pm »

jbg, i have to interfere with your thing. Even if he disappeared from your board you don't know where he is...DH specifically posted from "Divine Eyes and Senses" so you can't even see him...or feel, at least not without the major investment of power from your side, which you currently dont have...
He dissapeared from the board, I could go to the last location he was at before vanishing, then find the source of the screeching, the giant fighting the dwarf. And if he is invisible to me, i'd know he is there from the giant's interaction. I could talk to him (in the physical world, not psychically), but only be able to sense him only if he replys.
Also, you'd be able to look at the ground. You can't see the dwarf, but you can see the impressions his boots make on the grass. And you could communicate through writing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2013, 09:48:12 pm »

I think it just makes it impossible for other dieties or Ancients like myself to acknowledge his existence.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2013, 10:01:18 pm »

I think it just makes it impossible for other dieties or Ancients like myself to acknowledge his existence.
Then why can the giant see him? They're Ancients too.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2013, 10:05:48 pm »

Then why can the giant see him? They're Ancients too.
He's looking at the floating Emerald shard and glaring at its probable thief.
Sig! Onol

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2013, 10:19:21 pm »

Screw it, let's just say this:
Just a note; unless Ghaz rules otherwise, my Act made Udil hidden from you lot's prying eyes and senses. No appearing in his head or rumbling beneath his feet, okay? You'd only tormenting him more, the poor child. Can't you see it would be much kinder to leave him to nurture his rage and thirst for vengean... err, love for all things in peace?

Of course I'm sure you can spend an Act to find him, but anyway.
Means we can't psychically locate him, see him, or talk to him psychically without using an Act.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2013, 10:20:48 pm »

Screw it, let's just say this:
Just a note; unless Ghaz rules otherwise, my Act made Udil hidden from you lot's prying eyes and senses. No appearing in his head or rumbling beneath his feet, okay? You'd only tormenting him more, the poor child. Can't you see it would be much kinder to leave him to nurture his rage and thirst for vengean... err, love for all things in peace?

Of course I'm sure you can spend an Act to find him, but anyway.
Means we can't psychically locate him, see him, or talk to him psychically without using an Act.
Unless he calls out to us, which may happen with me.

So what happens now?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:39:34 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2013, 11:53:37 pm »

Dunno, but I rewrote my post in the RP thread.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2013, 05:18:57 am »

I'll let Ghaz rule on this, but I think it's only fair that the gods can physically see him if they are in the same location, though he would appear to be one mundane mortal among millions. Thus, he probably wouldn't appear on Mutare's board, but his avatar form is unlikely to recognize him unless they've met before.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2013, 07:48:21 am »

I seem to have misphrased myself (is that word even existing?)

Anyway, Digital Hellhound made a point that Udil cannot be detected by any means. Physically you can propably see him but you cannot search for him, or detect him by your normal Divine means, this includes Mutares Board. If you are so keen on tracking him down you need to expend an act or even a Major act.

In other words DHs spell encompasses Mutares Board and more or less Mutare himself. In short he won't even notice that a piece is missing, because for the fact that it is missing he needs to use his divine senses...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2013, 10:42:56 am »

Indeed. The human brain does far stranger things. See: Agnosia, Cotard syndrome, or synesthesia.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2013, 05:38:26 pm »

Huh. Udil, Giantslayer. That'll piss off Thaneos.
Sig! Onol

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2013, 06:05:32 pm »

Just telling you in advance, "seeing" other dwarves turned into fire monsters might make Udil doubt in your good cause.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2013, 06:07:33 pm »

Just telling you in advance, "seeing" other dwarves turned into fire monsters might make Udil doubt in your good cause.
I have a literal mountain of justifications on my side, the foremost of which being that they did so willingly. I'll be fine.
Sig! Onol

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2013, 06:11:54 pm »

I have a literal mountain of justifications on my side, the foremost of which being that they did so willingly. I'll be fine.

BTW, passing the baton to you. If you want ot interact iwth Udi or act furter, do so. I came because of your call after all. Just assume that Udil called out to you when he arrived at the volcano if you want to interact.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 379