Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400501 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3690 on: March 05, 2013, 03:26:53 pm »

So yeah. Lots and lots of people dying, either by Ao or Udil, the First World dead or dying, and a super-powerful phoenix going around on a roaring rampage of... um... something.

When he gets lucid again that's going to be... interesting. Especially if he doesn't know about all the shit that's gone down while he was out.

"Wake up, Aodun... Wake up and... smell the ashes..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: March 05, 2013, 03:27:08 pm »

Minor correction GWG: Udil ascended due to the act of the Overgod, not due to the battle. Not going to try to argue with you right now; you're clearly pissed.
Ah, my bad.
...Still. That leaves everything else.

Okay so let me see. Most of this actions turned out as they did was because they were done stupidly.
Not all of it had to be.

The natural habitat of the Dwarves were the Savannnahs, YOU destroyed by creating a jungle, a biome they were not prepared for the least.
Next you create Megafauna WHICH EATS THEM. Do you think they would love you for it?
IN fact you did nothing useful for the Dwarves. You didn't create Emeraldhome, the Dwarves wandered there bcause of Atlas and settled there because he shooed away the Megafauna you created.
You are leaving a few things out...like the wood, and the meat, and the fact that this isn't where I'm complaining about Neyravah's failing in general.
Besides, you seem to also be assuming that a God of Life with a Major Act can't cause changes to the ecosystem without balancing it all out.

THe nex thting you did was throw those that stayed solitary (because it was their nature and culture) together. Would you throw a bunch of tigers into the same cage?
And yet it worked for Udil.

And then you asked/oredered them to kill their old and weak? Does that sound like a reason to worship you? Not really.
Asked...and I kinda did give them a way to deal with the Fangdrakes and be more prosperous than they ever were...And besides, what did you expect me to do? Elder Gods don't get power from worship, they get it from blood sacrifice.

On the other Hand. Udil led those Dwarves into safety and out of the murderous jungles, gave them a place to settle down and defended thema gainst the monstrosities of this world. They Followed him first out of Fear (he killed Atlas and destroyed the Emerald as well as killing a Fangdrake singlehandedly, with a wooden sword) and later because he kept them alive through all that.
Congratulations. That works for some dwarves--except, wait, they're tigers who can't get along.

Your Creation of Mountain Turtles was just stupid. Would you burrow into something that moves and could squash you with its toe? Not really.
They were intended to be tamed. But no, the worst possible outcome happened, which of course made the dwarves hate Neyravah more and more...

Besides they are turtles. Most turtles i know like water and are drawn to it.
...You're not familiar with what a tortoise is, are you?

That the Stonedrakes live in them is only natural. I mean they carry their foodsource on their backs!
Despite the fact that there weren't enough in the world for the dwarves to notice?

All in all all your actions where so blatantly ignorant of Dwarven Needs that you shouldn't really wonder why they don't worship you...and thats to that.
At a certain point, yes, but only after I embraced that as part of Neyravah, which happened after some impressive, unintentional, and (except for one) completely unexpectable failures.

And you haven't addressed stonedrakes, nor most of Udil's successes, nor why you ignored almost every argument I made as to why Udil brought disaster on the Ninth Continent and the dwarven race to the point of not bothering to say that you think they are wrong. Nor Flamoaks.

What the hell? Aodun is on the other side of the world from the Moon.
And there's that barrier...

Anyway, yeah, not going to argue that they didn't have reason to really love him. I even understand why they happened to follow Udil. problem is, though I don't see him as a Marty Stu (as rediculous as he is, I'm pretty sure no-one would actually want to be him), I still think that he's been favored at least some, what with the fact that he's had very little go wrong for him outside of relatively minor inconveniences.
I can't think of a single inconvenience which has actually hindered Udil's actions.

ah yeah, the Flameoaks. Which he gave to teh CHildren fo Az-Sho. The Dwarves were long gone by then and have nothing to do with it.
If that's true, how did Udil's troops have backpacks of Flamoak?
And aren't all dwarves on the same continent, anyways?

And, finally:
DARN YOU I HAD NO CHANCE TO RESPOND WHY DO ALL OF MY CHARACTERS DIE WHEN I CAN'T RESPOND?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: March 05, 2013, 03:29:55 pm »

I agree. Why didn't GWG or gman get a chance to run like fuck first?
Nelkathar could plausibly fly away, but Traurig was definitely dead unless he climbed on Nelkathar.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: March 05, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »

Nelkathar could plausibly fly away, but Traurig was definitely dead unless he climbed on Nelkathar.

Not to make more of a jerk out of myself, but it was pretty much impossible for either of them to run from an Elder God who is capable of teleportation at will.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: March 05, 2013, 03:31:15 pm »

Yes, but even so....at least give them false hope!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »

I'd agree with this, or at least give them a chance to fight back, no matter how ineffective it may be.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:17 pm »

I can understand actual gods not getting a chance to escape, but these are Ascendants. You said it yourself they're beneath Aodun's notice.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:58 pm »

And Corvus is WEAKER than them. He'd have about as much divine essence as Traurig or Nelkathar. Aodun might not even get acts from eating him.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:37:46 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: March 05, 2013, 03:33:35 pm »

And I would have let him.

And you never know--even with just two minor acts, we might find some way to escape with our lives. Or, at least, negotiate...because it's not like even the craziest of gods are beyond the ability to talk to.

Oh, and I'd like to note this disturbing trend of things I say about Udil not being disproved. Two Ascendants with reason to hate Udil? Don't even get a chance to respond to being attacked.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: March 05, 2013, 03:37:03 pm »

Not counting Udil and Aodun apparently.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: March 05, 2013, 03:37:38 pm »

For which part of my statement?
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: March 05, 2013, 03:39:01 pm »

The bit about neogtiation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: March 05, 2013, 03:39:16 pm »

Jeez, what do you want Gwg, honestly if Aodun attacks you you are dead, i dont even need to roll for this he gets a +15 bonus on his rolls. you get nothing
together you have 1d6+3 bonus and 4 Healthpoints against a 1d6+15 and 9 healthpoints...if you have an idea how to circumvent dying go ahead and post it IC, i will change the post accordingly, but really i dont see any hope for you guys...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: March 05, 2013, 03:40:04 pm »

Corvus managed it without an Act....he was literally drawing from his life force to drive Aldemas insane.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: March 05, 2013, 03:41:09 pm »

Corvus managed it without an Act....he was literally drawing from his life force to drive Aldemas insane.

That is because it was mathematically possible for your 1d6 to beat Aldemas's roll. That is not the case with Aodun though.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 379