Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436925 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2460 on: November 09, 2013, 12:36:13 am »

((I'm betting the LESHO tube is booby trapped. Where did that molten metal come from though???))

"Right. I'm heading to the sensor array. Gonna need some people to help, just in case. Whatever."

Grab some people nearby and head to the array. Check out the problem of why it's not working but don't touch anything. Make sure someone else goes ahead of me and stay a nice distance back incase of tripwires.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 09, 2013, 08:05:13 am »

"Well, I don't knwo what the frak these readings mean. So, I'm just gonna snooze a bit. Captain Niabs, wake me up when you need me, would you."

Sit back and load up brain

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: November 09, 2013, 08:54:14 am »

((I'm...relatively sure this is where I'm supposed to be? I'm with Lars' team. If I'm in the wrong thread please tell me))
STEPHEN HAWKING runs up toward the place wherein he is supposed to be. He totally knows where that is, because he invented knowing that.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: November 09, 2013, 11:22:50 am »

Continue to follow the Pirate

Get controlled by Lenglon for the moment because she is awesome.
Also storm storm weather error storm disruption net problem failure.

For Feyri:
"Miss Feyri, are you okay?"
Wave my hands in front of Ms. Feyri's face, jumping if need be.
"I'm ok Grate. Just... Just distracted is all."
Quote from: Feyri to Sweep Team 3
That LESHO round was a single-shot remote-controlled decoy, avoid the area it came from.
Quote from: Feyri to Steve
How much damage could the Shadow walker do if he got to the control room now? also, will you know if any of the elevators are used?
What would be a good area to search that won't overlap with the rest of the sweep team's search areas?
Feyri asks Steve.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 09, 2013, 11:45:05 am »

Take out shotgun. Follow behind lars if he takes the lead. If he doesn't, then follow whoever takes the lead.

"So, who is taking lead?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2465 on: November 09, 2013, 11:53:09 am »

The 504 errors appear to be letting up and I'm on a keyboard that actually works now! Strangely I managed to connect with a different computer last night when mine couldn't, but its keyboard was busted so, yeah.

Flint stared at the empty gun for a few seconds....
"DIBS ON THE LESHO TUBE!"

If the tube is useful, carefully remove it and take it to the AM to remove its life locks.

Make my way to the closest point Steve provided that isn't the heat one Lars is at.
You move in to take a closer look at the tube; it quickly becomes clear as to why the armory master refereed to it as single use. Much of the internal structure of the tube has been damaged or destroyed when the LESHO round launched, even the heat sink is slightly melted. It appears to have been designed as a single use method for firing a Lesho shell...and judging by the antennae affixed to the back, it was done remotely.

You rocket away from the tower and follow steve's instructions down to one of the lower maintenance levels, going after the strangely open series of doors. Unfortunately you seem to be too big to fit into the cramped tunnels beyond the elevator area.

look around the inside of the ship, look for any buttons but DON'T TOUCH THEM!
The ship does have some buttons, although it seems as though it has a lot more touch sensitive screens. The buttons are, unfortunately, not blinking or flashing or beeping like good spaceship buttons should. How disappointing.

(( Bay 12 seems to have recovered, it was just offline with it's famous 504 error for most of the day with me. Can't help with the poor keyboard :P Try the windows on screen one. Cause that's efficient.  :D ))

Fantastic. So it's likely he was never on this roof to begin with. Steve, where is that sensor hole?

All squads, we found a remote control launcher on the roof, likely the source of that LESHO round. SW still at large, no idea where, but it seems reasonable to say he wasn't on the roof when it fired.

Ask Steve about the sensor hole. Do a loop around the nearby high-ground, looking for further anomalies.
As you slowly turn the ship around, you notice that there's another such tube on one of the other roofs; although it seems incomplete as far as you can see. It's not been bolted down and there are several parts missing. Maybe he was setting up a second system but was interrupted? No matter now.

>It's an area where several sensors seem to be down. I can't say if it's sabatoge or just a result of some sort of damage incurred when I took over ARES.

Bomb? what bomb? Are You the bomb? I'm a fly dog, yo.
((Someone, set him up the bomb!))

As you wave your hands in front of Feyri's face, the cat girl climbs up on her back and begins controlling her using a complex system of Meows and batting her upside the head.

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Lars looked down the tunnel.  Odd... what is the heat source?  He looked at Xan, who was now a giant eyeball.

"Brother Xan, do you see anything down there with your... self?"

Examine the tunnel.  Where does the trail go?  Are there any abnormalities that could indicate a trap?
The tunnel is clearly something designed not to be used often, at least by humans. It's a way to gain access to the deep machines, the incalculable spreading roots of ARES and the planetary assembly systems. It's a metal, square walled tube barely four feet high that forces you to bend and almost walk on your knees. The trail of now cooled and hardened melted metal heads off down the tunnel and into the dark. It's almost as though someone was holding a handful of molten steel and letting it drip out behind them as they crawled through the tunnel. You don't see anything that indicates a trap, the walls are pretty much completely bare and there's nothing around you.

Xan wobbles.

Examine tunnel with giant eye self while growing some limbs and chitin plating.
[will:3+1]

You manage to generate a fibrous mass of muscular, vaguely Cnidarian tentacles which you use to slither along the ground.

You stare down the tunnel, enormous and complex eye picking up a dozen different spectrums of radiation. You see nothing down the length of the tunnel, at least until it turns left and continues. You see no traps, no men crouching in the dark, waiting to attack, no anything.

((I'm betting the LESHO tube is booby trapped. Where did that molten metal come from though???))

"Right. I'm heading to the sensor array. Gonna need some people to help, just in case. Whatever."

Grab some people nearby and head to the array. Check out the problem of why it's not working but don't touch anything. Make sure someone else goes ahead of me and stay a nice distance back incase of tripwires.
You follow Flint down toward the blacked out sensors and shrug as he attempts unsuccessfully to squeeze into the tiny tunnels.

"Well, I don't knwo what the frak these readings mean. So, I'm just gonna snooze a bit. Captain Niabs, wake me up when you need me, would you."

Sit back and load up brain
I can only imagine you sitting here, your face screwed up in concentration, with the sound of shotguns chambering rounds playing in the background.

((I'm...relatively sure this is where I'm supposed to be? I'm with Lars' team. If I'm in the wrong thread please tell me))
STEPHEN HAWKING runs up toward the place wherein he is supposed to be. He totally knows where that is, because he invented knowing that.
Hmm...lets see...I think you're with lars, who is down in the dark tunnels with an ambulatory eyeball.

Continue to follow the Pirate

For Feyri:
"I'm ok Grate. Just... Just distracted is all."
Quote from: Feyri to Sweep Team 3
That LESHO round was a single-shot remote-controlled decoy, avoid the area it came from.
Quote from: Feyri to Steve
How much damage could the Shadow walker do if he got to the control room now? also, will you know if any of the elevators are used?
What would be a good area to search that won't overlap with the rest of the sweep team's search areas?
Feyri asks Steve.

>None, really. It would be rather silly for him to rush up there anyways, he'd be pretty much guaranteed to be caught. And no, this place doesn't have a self-destruct or something, if thats what you're thinking of.

Take out shotgun. Follow behind lars if he takes the lead. If he doesn't, then follow whoever takes the lead.

"So, who is taking lead?"
Apparently no one right now. Everyone is squinting down a dark tunnel.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: November 09, 2013, 12:15:06 pm »

"What do we do now, Miss Feyri?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: November 09, 2013, 12:20:50 pm »

"Fuck it. Flint, I'm going in for a bit to check things out a little. Go get someone who can fit in with me while I wait a bit inside. I'm not going to go too far in but please run."

Bishop gulped and blinked away a bead of sweat that was running into his eye.

"I sure hope he hasn't had enough time to lay too many traps..."

Switch to the gauss rifle and reload it. Then, VERY CAUTIOUSLY, slowly head into the tunnels a little ways, carefully checking the walls for anything that looks like a sensor or trap as I go like my life depends on it. If there's someone who can fit in the tunnels with me nearby, go get them and bring them with me, letting them go first. Don't go further than the first corner, fork, junction or more than 10 meters in and don't stick my head around any corners.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: November 09, 2013, 12:25:47 pm »

Turn on flashlights or something. Look down tunnel then follow anyone who takes the lead.

"Maybe we should turn our lights on?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: November 09, 2013, 01:17:25 pm »

Any fliers still on the surface, we have another LESHO tube. Looks unfinished, if one of you want to check it out for salvage and clues. Going to setup a search pattern centered on that point.

Steve, are these tubes generally how SW's fire LESHO rounds? Or do they have a LESHO rifle as well, or some other means to fire them without the setup time?

Love asking Steve questions, rest of action modified. Question still relevant :P
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:37:35 am by Kriellya »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: November 09, 2013, 01:37:31 pm »

"Hrmmmmmm. Where to go.... Lets check out that anomalous heat source. Could you direct us Steve?"

Get directions to the strange heat source, and head out, using my metal pole to check for traps.

((Traps 2: Return of the Pole.))
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:24:00 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: November 09, 2013, 03:12:14 pm »

Quote from: Xan->Lars
I see nothing until the turn.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: November 09, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »

"dear god people, do you see this? Those buttons aren't beeping and flashing like good buttons should, I mean come on buttons! What would holographic display say if she saw you like this?!truly dissapionting really.
tsk and sigh at today's state of button affairs, then follow everyone else, especially cuthulu face.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: November 09, 2013, 08:04:37 pm »

"Hrmmmmmm. Where to go.... Lets check out that anomalous heat source. Could you direct us Steve?"

Get directions to the strange heat source, and head out, using my metal pole to check for traps.

((Traps 2: Return of the Pole.))
Still following the Pirate, not letting him run off alone despite his repeated attempts to do so.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: November 09, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »

"Hey, Steve, can we flank that section of tunnels?

Try to come at the tunnel area from another side (if possible), staying out of the way of friendly line of fire.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 243