Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436890 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: MAYDAY
« Reply #2535 on: November 12, 2013, 01:23:15 pm »

((Assuming of course, that the crash, the other people on the ship and the possibility of a magazine detonation do not :P))
(( Yeah, sort of banking on one of those doing the deed, because Skylar has no skill with weapons. Wait... oh, I have the drone platform. I can murder him with that! YAY!  ;D))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2536 on: November 12, 2013, 01:25:33 pm »

"Need reinforcements, possible enemy combatant trapped here."

Do you mean that I have that possible man trapped or that this possible man only has few ways to escape?
If the former, prepare a scout drone to scout the dead ends.
If the later, proceed to one of the possible escape points while directing my teammates to others.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2537 on: November 12, 2013, 01:29:57 pm »

((Bishop is somewhat like Milno, Jim and pre-avatar Miyamoto. He's down to earth kind of guy, pretty straight forward and is a lot more sane than most of the others in the HMRC. Typically. Some might say, dangerously so.))

((In what way do you feel Miyamoto has changed exactly? Besides the whole Avatar thing of course, I mean as in personality-wise. Or do you mean all the stuff he did thanks to the AoW's influence (like killing civs, enjoying combat, punching sods with glee)?

I personally thought he hadn't changed all that much, but obviously I'd be the last person to really notice this.))

Do you mean that I have that possible man trapped or that this possible man only has few ways to escape?
If the former, prepare a scout drone to scout the dead ends.
If the later, proceed to one of the possible escape points while directing my teammates to others.

((Time for Rapid Response Team to shine!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: November 12, 2013, 01:32:09 pm »

[/quote]

Head over to provide backup.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2539 on: November 12, 2013, 01:47:54 pm »

((My thoughts on the title:
"Hm. This isn't the Amp-Hunter thread, it's probably the other main one. Must be a new turn! ...Oh, wait. Mayday. That's bad. I hope it isn't Grate..."))

hmmm, alright then, look around on the computer of the ship if it has one, look at any important files or something.
[aux:1-1]
Great
You run up behind Skylar, whip your laser rifle out and press it against one side of the control console bank. You then proceed to squeeze the trigger and drag the rifle across the entire length of the control, completely and totally ruining them. The Ship, now at the whims of a misfiring and damaged system, jerks back up into the air and starts jerking around like a mechanical bull having a seizure.
"I'M HELPING!" you shout, as you're flung back down the hall and land, head first, in the toilet.
[
((Who let him touch the controls of the hio? This is so much of a failute that my laughter is affecting my typing. Granted, I'm typing on a laptop which is atop my actual lap...))

Head back to the Sword. Locate the AM.

"Miss 'Feyri' suggested I try to find a way to triangulate radio signals. Do you have anything like that in stock, or would I have to make it myself? And if the latter, can I pretty please use Tinker? Oh, and could I borrow a little of the aircraft control thingy's radio stuff useage?"

If A is true, acquire radio triangulation thingy.
If A and B are false, follow Morul.

If A is false and B is true...Tinker time!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Radio triangulation is possible, but you're gonna need three points of reference. And that means three receivers. And they're gonna have to be a good distance apart and pretty powerful. Also, what are you gonna use it for again?"

"Gonna have to be more specific about that last part."
"Wasn't the Shadow Walker using a remote-controlled gun? Wouldn't he need a radio signal sender thingy to do that?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: November 12, 2013, 01:51:52 pm »

Charles aims the turret away from the ground and the impending crash site. If no one fixes the issue, he starts firing the turret on full auto, trying to empty it  before the crash occurs.
((Wouldn't it be simpler to eject the magazine?

Also, depending on the blackship's size, someone inside the battlesuit (Gilgamesh) could lend their strength to provide a safe landing. Not sure, though.))

"Have an idea of what kind of enemy combatant? Urban Executioner, Shadow Walker or unknown?" Milno asks through the radio.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: November 12, 2013, 02:01:03 pm »

Grow some eyes and legs and ears, but keep the chitin.
Keep away from the dangerous stuff. Hide behind Lars or something.

((Also ahahahahahaha good job guys.))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:55:39 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: November 12, 2013, 02:05:00 pm »

((What page is that picture of Jack Sean drew again? I can remember.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: November 12, 2013, 02:10:04 pm »

Keep away from the dangerous stuff.

((If the doc can do specific upgrades to your capabilities in exchange for tokens or something, I think you should ask for an upgrade that allows you to rapidly change between different pre-defined forms (like hunter form, sensor form, pretection form, mobility form, form that's a big armored roller ball for crushing stuff, etc.) without requiring a will roll all the time (or maybe a bonus to your roll if it's a form you're familiar with).

Other stuff you could ask for is ability to make other organisms, so you can start growing a small squad of minions. Like organisms specifically designed to do certain tasks (like small cloaked bug with sensors to act as a 'scout drone', or healer bugs that inject beneficial drugs into teammates, or shield bugs that soak up damage for you and oh god gotta stop before I get going again.))

Considering the mission that comes after this relative cakewalk, I need to get you guys back into the habit of coping with horrifying injury.

((Hmm ominous foreshadowing.))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:12:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: November 12, 2013, 02:12:12 pm »

Keep away from the dangerous stuff.

((If the doc can do specific upgrades to your capabilities in exchange for tokens or something, I think you should ask for an upgrade that allows you to rapidly change between different pre-defined forms (like hunter form, sensor form, pretection form, mobility form, form that's a big armored roller ball for crushing stuff, etc.) without requiring a will roll all the time (or maybe a bonus to your roll if it's a form you're familiar with).

Other stuff you could ask for is ability to make other organisms, so you can start growing a small squad of minions. Like organisms specifically designed to do certain tasks (like small cloaked bug with sensors to act as a 'scout drone', or healer bugs that inject beneficial drugs into teammates, or shield bugs that soak up damage for you and oh god gotta stop before I get going again.))
((I'm saving all these ideas; just wait, after a while it'll turn out that I'm the Tyranids when I end up going out of the galaxy.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: November 12, 2013, 02:26:36 pm »

"####! Steve, anyone can you get the ####ing ship back under control?!"

Try to help T onto the roof.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: November 12, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »

I usually do. But...well he left it unstruck out...and he rolled 1-1...and It's been  waaaay to long since anyone has died in a fiery explosion. Considering the mission that comes after this relative cakewalk, I need to get you guys back into the habit of coping with horrifying injury.
((And just when I thought this would be my first mission where I wouldn't get grievously inured.))

PAN, help stabilize us, if I can't bring this thing back under control, I'm going to cut the power and you're going to need to set us down.[/glow]

"Hey dipshit, you're crashing. Might wanna do something about that"
"I detect that someone has disabled the ships controls. In layman terms, they lasered the buttons. Brace for impact."

"If I get out of this thing in one piece I'm giving you a piece of my mind, Trendon! The piece that BURNS SHIT. AAH"

Stabilize ship with my mass amp. If skylar cannot regain control, try to set it down. Gently.

((Go go bonus because of snoozing/reloading brain?))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: November 12, 2013, 03:42:47 pm »

"STILL HELPING!"
try and get steady and then see if I can jump out with or without hurting myself, if it would, see if I can at least stabilise it.

(Oh god, I'm so sorry, I forgot that aux and handiwork are different rolls! Jesus Christ I'm so bad with this.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:09:13 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: November 12, 2013, 04:23:41 pm »

((Can't help you if you're looking for the page itself, but I can repost the picture: link. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: November 12, 2013, 04:27:01 pm »

((Can't help you if you're looking for the page itself, but I can repost the picture: link. ^_^))
((Close enough. Also, have you though of doing a group picture of some of the members?))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:29:49 pm by Tavik Toth »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 243