Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62

Author Topic: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game  (Read 102432 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competition- An evolutionary suggestion game
« Reply #420 on: June 18, 2013, 05:55:03 pm »

I liked the electro-communication we used to have. Do we still have that? Like we can change our electrical field in ways that other slicers would pick up and could interpret. It would be pretty cool to be able to communicate in a way that most other organisms can't even detect.

Hydrogen bladders on our flyers. They make us lighter and therefore make flying easier.
You mean on us or some sort of flying guideling?
Also I forgot if guidelings can fly.

This, but let's go further.  Parasitise/Symbiotise the hydrogen gas-bag creatures - create airborne hives and move our entire life-cycle into the air.  True, we'd have to manually supply a lot of the hive's needs (or it'd require feeder guidelings), but it'd certainly be Fun.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 18, 2013, 06:03:20 pm »

I liked the electro-communication we used to have. Do we still have that? Like we can change our electrical field in ways that other slicers would pick up and could interpret. It would be pretty cool to be able to communicate in a way that most other organisms can't even detect.

Hydrogen bladders on our flyers. They make us lighter and therefore make flying easier.

This, but let's go further.  Parasitise/Symbiotise the hydrogen gas-bag creatures - create airborne hives and move our entire life-cycle into the air.  True, we'd have to manually supply a lot of the hive's needs (or it'd require feeder guidelings), but it'd certainly be Fun.
This is something I support. What need have we for the ground when we can conceivably live our entire lives in the air?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 18, 2013, 06:06:39 pm »

Supporting all of that.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 18, 2013, 07:32:24 pm »

Parasitise/Symbiotise the hydrogen gas-bag creatures - create airborne hives and move our entire life-cycle into the air.
This, I love this idea.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 18, 2013, 11:10:01 pm »

Parasitise/Symbiotise the hydrogen gas-bag creatures - create airborne hives and move our entire life-cycle into the air.
This, I love this idea.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 19, 2013, 12:26:56 am »

I don't.

For previously mentioned reasons.

1) The bags are floating relatively close to the ground, meaning they don't have a lot of exess hydrogen. Attach something to it, and it's going down
2) Remember Michael Bays. That's what an errant spark would cause
3) Our hives are weaker there (out in the open, no food supply, no defense)
4) No way to control where we're going, a bad gust of wind and we might find ourselves in the sahara

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 19, 2013, 04:11:07 am »

I don't.

For previously mentioned reasons.

1) The bags are floating relatively close to the ground, meaning they don't have a lot of exess hydrogen. Attach something to it, and it's going down
2) Remember Michael Bays. That's what an errant spark would cause
3) Our hives are weaker there (out in the open, no food supply, no defense)
4) No way to control where we're going, a bad gust of wind and we might find ourselves in the sahara
1) MOAR BALLOONS. BIGGER.
2) That's a risk. Mortality shouldn't be excessive, otherwise the whole forest would have burned down already (as pointed by our GM)
3) We are the Sky True Masters. None can challenge us there. There is no more secure area. As for food, either we come down to suck treesap or we use symbiots.
4) Take the opportunity to adapt to new environments and spread further. Acceptable mortality rate. And balloons can control themselves enough to stay above the forest.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 19, 2013, 05:33:25 am »

1)Fire is the way these balloons spread. They burn down, their seeds fall to the ground, and then they hatch into new trees, which release new balloon seeds. As the GM said, in case of a fire, most of the sky will go Michael bays.
3) We're not. We're just to fast and to dangerous for the large aerial predators. Or hives are immobile, and often undefended. Also more tasty than our small selves.
4) These are not balloons. These are just bottles of hydrogen with no real way to choose their heading or altitude. The fact that the amount of balloons above the forest is constant is because well, balloons fly into the area as well as out.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 19, 2013, 06:12:02 am »

1)Fire is the way these balloons spread. They burn down, their seeds fall to the ground, and then they hatch into new trees, which release new balloon seeds. As the GM said, in case of a fire, most of the sky will go Michael bays.
3) We're not. We're just to fast and to dangerous for the large aerial predators. Or hives are immobile, and often undefended. Also more tasty than our small selves.
4) These are not balloons. These are just bottles of hydrogen with no real way to choose their heading or altitude. The fact that the amount of balloons above the forest is constant is because well, balloons fly into the area as well as out.
1) never heard of that, and GM toned down our fears of the whole forest going MB.
3) They are defended by guidelings or slicers more often than not. Occasional predation is acceptable.
4) Thermodynamics. They should logically spread evenly over the whole planet.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 19, 2013, 06:17:56 am »

1) How else would the balloons spread or reproduce. They have no source of biomass, hence can't grow. No real source of water too, so only limited photosynthesis. Only logical solution is to assume that they're part of a larger lifecycle of one of the groundbased trees, with these things spreading it's seeds over a large distance
4) They don't last forever. Doubt they last longer than 6 months. We're pretty close to the source, hence we get lots of balloons flying over.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 19, 2013, 06:46:25 am »

This, I love this idea.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:45 am »

This, I love this idea.
+1

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 19, 2013, 10:05:04 am »

For the whole Baymovie thing, there ARE frequent methane/hydrogen explosions. Yes, they do hurt us. No, they will not result in a visible hit to the population. Yes, attaching our hives to hydrogen-filled balloons in a thundercloud-filled forest happens to be a spectacularly bad idea.

VOTES
Parisitise trees x2
Symbiotise trees x5
Parasitise EVERYTHING with hive spores controlling their minds x4
Make cattle digest wood x1
Parisitise balloons x2

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 19, 2013, 10:19:59 am »

-1 to PARASITISE EVERYTHING

parasitise baloons and spread outside of the forest.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:43 am »

Voting for better cattle digestion
Also, for remaining in current location
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62