Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126536 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r13
« Reply #2700 on: June 18, 2015, 01:52:48 pm »

So... looking at the Modest Mod thread, & as a result the Phoebus tileset thread, I gather Phoebus alters more than just the graphics (I've been using it since approximately my 3rd game of DF2010, because whatever I'd been using before that [Mayday?] apparently added extra cooking recipes).

As such, may I ask which Starter Pack tileset(s) change(s) only the graphics? or at least make the fewest extra changes?
Default ASCII.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: June 18, 2015, 02:14:06 pm »

So... looking at the Modest Mod thread, & as a result the Phoebus tileset thread, I gather Phoebus alters more than just the graphics (I've been using it since approximately my 3rd game of DF2010, because whatever I'd been using before that [Mayday?] apparently added extra cooking recipes).

As such, may I ask which Starter Pack tileset(s) change(s) only the graphics? or at least make the fewest extra changes?
Default ASCII.
JAFANZ was asking which tilesets change graphics and nothing else, not which tilesets don't change graphics.

JAFANZ - you'd probably have the best luck with one of these, which only need to be dropped into data/art and don't require any raw changes. A lot of full graphics sets do change raws to use a few tiles for different purposes, but I'm not familiar with which ones do what.

yes :(
Edit: I think my drivers are toooo much updated and df can't handle the new versions I dunno.
Well, if it only occurs with TwbT it's almost certainly a TwbT issue, not a DF issue (although as was mentioned above, it could be that the method used for caching tiles can handle the number of tiles/textures ordinarily used by DF but not by TwbT).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:15:53 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2702 on: June 18, 2015, 04:59:55 pm »

Edit: I think my drivers are toooo much updated and df can't handle the new versions I dunno.

Does it give this error with any tileset?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: June 18, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »

Which Starter Pack tileset(s) change(s) only the graphics? or at least make the fewest extra changes?
Default ASCII.
JAFANZ was asking which tilesets change graphics and nothing else, not which tilesets don't change graphics.  A lot of full graphics sets do change raws to use a few tiles for different purposes, but I'm not familiar with which ones do what.

The easiest way to check is to look in "LNP/Graphics/<pack>/raw/objects/".  Since files identical to vanilla are not stored, if it's empty you can be sure there's no game-affecting changes. 

In general:  ASCII, CLA, and Gemset are fine; I'm not sure about Ironhand and Mayday; and the others are based on Phoebus' modified raws.  This is nothing to worry about for normal play, but may help with mod compatibility - though I wouldn't expect any to break mods.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: June 18, 2015, 07:09:47 pm »

Much appreciated PeridexisErrant, also thank you for continuing to maintain the LNP, I've been using yours as long as I've been aware of it. :)

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: June 19, 2015, 06:42:38 am »

Does it give this error with any tileset?

Thank you for helping.
And yes with any tileset.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: June 19, 2015, 05:29:22 pm »

Phoebus alters the language files to remove accented characters (as this frees up characters to use for things like stone wall types), changes a lot of creature and stone tiles to fit in with their tilesets and such, but as far as I know, that is as far as the alterations go. 

Anything that adds in cooking recipes is probably a mod that happens to package in a tileset with them, not simply the tileset, itself. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: June 19, 2015, 06:43:51 pm »

Phoebus alters the language files to remove accented characters (as this frees up characters to use for things like stone wall types), changes a lot of creature and stone tiles to fit in with their tilesets and such, but as far as I know, that is as far as the alterations go.
I see.

Thank you.

Anything that adds in cooking recipes is probably a mod that happens to package in a tileset with them, not simply the tileset, itself.
Well this is going back to 2010 (or possibly 2011), when I was first getting into DF, & had just migrated from the 40d the tutorial that originally gotten me into DF used, so my recollection of event is a tad hazy, but I think I would've got the packs from the DFFD & installed them directly myself 'cos I doubt I was aware of the LNP (or it's predecessor?) at that point.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: June 19, 2015, 09:56:02 pm »

Well this is going back to 2010 (or possibly 2011), when I was first getting into DF, & had just migrated from the 40d the tutorial that originally gotten me into DF used, so my recollection of event is a tad hazy, but I think I would've got the packs from the DFFD & installed them directly myself 'cos I doubt I was aware of the LNP (or it's predecessor?) at that point.

...That would be useful info at the start of this process  :P  Old and self-installed stuff can be interestingly weird in all kinds of ways, and way harder to debug for both the obvious and other reasons.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: June 19, 2015, 10:23:45 pm »

...That would be useful info at the start of this process  :P  Old and self-installed stuff can be interestingly weird in all kinds of ways, and way harder to debug for both the obvious and other reasons.
To clarify, as I believe I originally mentioned, I started using Phoebus back when I first got into DF2010, because whatever I'd tried before that added recipes (&/or did something else that cause worlds generated to differ from expectations when using settings from the then current worldgen thread), my question in this thread was because ~10 minutes earlier than my post asking the question I'd discovered Phoebus apparently changed a bunch of things, & my admittedly unstated assumption was that that could have an impact on world & embark generation.

My mentioning of my memories being hazy was in the context of explaining that what I remembered of whichever tileset had led to me adopting Phoebus' didn't necessarily apply to current versions of whichever tileset that was (& also why I'm not sure which one it was).

I wasn't asking for debug help with the old version, just advice (which you provided) as to where I should go with my current installation of your current version (which I did a clean install of).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:25:33 pm by JAFANZ »

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: June 20, 2015, 09:23:58 am »

no solution for me ... I see. I guess I'll have to wait, and hope for the best.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2711 on: June 20, 2015, 09:47:03 am »

no solution for me ... I see. I guess I'll have to wait, and hope for the best.

Sorry. I had no reports like yours before. Don't know what can cause this.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: June 21, 2015, 10:50:36 am »

The problem mifki is that I love your TWBT ( is just great)
I'll play with 2D printmode.
Thank you anyway.

herocrafter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: June 22, 2015, 06:14:35 pm »

Fixster is writing many red lines of text instead of just a white # of animals fixed.  Anyone else have this?

This is the dfhack output:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:17:40 pm by herocrafter »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: June 22, 2015, 06:22:12 pm »

Are you trying to modify zombies or other unusual creatures?

(Also, you can copy and paste text directly from the DFHack console instead of taking a screenshot. There should be a menu accessible in the title bar - look for "Mark" to highlight text. You could probably also copy that from the end of stderr.log.)

Edit: It's also a better idea to post problems with things included in DFHack in the DFHack thread, so more DFHack maintainers notice them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:24:05 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 385