Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126328 times)

Nebulba

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r14
« Reply #2745 on: July 11, 2015, 07:00:10 am »

Crash everytime i try to zoom in and out with mouse, sometimes it crashs on load and save..

It's kinda hard for me to pinpoint excatly what makes it crash, i'w had no real problems with other releases.
This one is for some reason crashing left, right and center....

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: July 11, 2015, 12:40:03 pm »

TwbT changes how zooming works - have you tried disabling it?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: July 14, 2015, 09:08:34 am »

Which of the many init files can be used to add my choice of dfhack commands to run each time, without having it overwritten on launch?

(Totally unrelated, I love the "user generated content" folder and that it gets copied, such a nice and simple thing to ensure I keep my collection of never used bedroom layouts for all eternity.)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: July 14, 2015, 11:22:39 am »

dfhack.init should never be overwritten (although that doesn't mean that it isn't by this pack). You can also use onLoadWorld.init, onUnloadWorld.init, onLoadMap.init, and onUnloadMap.init (creating them if necessary), or define your own additional init files in dfhack.init (if that feature's in DFHack r3 - if not, it'll be in the next release).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: July 14, 2015, 12:02:31 pm »

Thats why I asked here instead of the dfhack thread, back in 2012 the pack was quite stubbornly insisting on its version of files over mine, probably because I tried the wrong files. But dfhack.init works, no more flicker on starting. Thanks!

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: July 18, 2015, 12:08:59 am »

I'm getting semi-common crashes with this version. Usually on save(although it still seems to save successfully) but also on occasion during play. It will just freeze and I have to alt-tab out to see "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working"

In the past I've very rarely experienced crashes during play.

I'm using this pack with the default settings and the Ironhand graphic set, and only Soundsense running in the background. The fort itself is only on year 2. Is there some kind of crash log to look at for hints as to the cause? I do see an error log, but none of the information looks important and the file wasn't modified recently, so doesn't contain info from the most recent crash.

I'm not using the Mouse Control option available under Hacks, which I've read has caused issues for some people. Going to disable Workflow and see if that resolves the issues, as it has for someone else. Will update after testing.

EDIT: A few hours of time in game with no crashes, however I still crashed on saving once.

Seems perhaps disabling the Mouse and Workflow hacks can help with in-game crashes. Will update again once I get more time to test it out.

Tried different embarks, still get random crashes during play. Different than my other post, a new system entirely. Why isn't there some crash log to assist in troubleshooting. :(

I'm not sure of anything they share in common, it's happened to a fort in the 2nd year and it's happened a number of times on a new embark in the first season.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:14:55 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: July 19, 2015, 06:57:45 am »

I have impression that various add-ons in pack do not play nice with each other.

Maybe only graphic tileset and bugfixes* should be turned on by default?

* Optimistically assuming that bugfixes do not screw up somethng else in itself.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: July 19, 2015, 07:21:47 am »

It's difficult to say what tools are bugfixes - there are tweaks like shift-8-scroll (which fixes an input bug), stable-cursor (which isn't technically a fix for a bug but saves a lot of time), and eggs-fertile (which is convenient but arguably cheating). Incidentally, this is also why I have no idea what people mean when they say they have "pure bugfixes" enabled.

The issue with turning off everything except bugfixes is that not only are many people accustomed to playing DF with them, but they don't know that they're not part of vanilla DF (TwbT, mousequery, manipulator, and others come to mind).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: July 19, 2015, 08:45:36 am »

It's difficult to say what tools are bugfixes - there are tweaks like shift-8-scroll (which fixes an input bug), stable-cursor (which isn't technically a fix for a bug but saves a lot of time), and eggs-fertile (which is convenient but arguably cheating). Incidentally, this is also why I have no idea what people mean when they say they have "pure bugfixes" enabled.

The issue with turning off everything except bugfixes is that not only are many people accustomed to playing DF with them, but they don't know that they're not part of vanilla DF (TwbT, mousequery, manipulator, and others come to mind).

(similar sentiments, and hopefully some clarification)

I agree, so basically everything that is in my subjective judgement a bugfix or a quality-of-life improvement is enabled by default unless it noticably changes gameplay for newbies - the test is basically "will this make the game easier, without breaking tutorials for vanilla DF.  This does present the problem of people misunderstanding what's in vanilla DF; on the whole I think that's better than people being put off because they don't know what DFHack can do.

The "pure bugfixes" thing is probably from the GUI options, one of which has that name.  The JSON config adds the command to an init when it's enabled.
Code: [Select]
  "dfhack": {
    "Workflow - production targets": {
      "command": "workflow enable",
      "enabled": false,
      "tooltip": "the 'workflow' plugin disables cancelling repeat jobs.  Use 'alt-W' to set targets (eg 'if less than 100 drinks, unsuspend drink production until 200 drinks').  Great for automating complicated industries."
    },
    "Other Automation plugins": {
      "command": "multicmd autonestbox start; repeat -time 7 -timeUnits days -command [ burial ] -name burial",
      "tooltip": "more automation plugins - autonestbox, burial"
    },
    "Stonesense Isometric view": {
      "command": "ssense",
      "tooltip": "opens an isometric visualiser in a separate window.  Has an in-game version ('ssense overlay'), but that's very buggy at the moment"
    },
    "Mouse Controls": {
      "command": "multicmd mousequery edge enable; enable menu-mouse",
      "tooltip": "allows scrolling by hovering near edge of map (and more) - pair with 'laptop with mouse' keybindings"
    },
    "Performance Tweaks": {
      "command": "multicmd tweak fast-heat; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ cleanowned X ] -name cleanowned; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ clean all ] -name clean",
      "tooltip": "dfhack fixes to run regularly, changes the game a little but helps a lot on old or slow hardware (fast-heat, dump worn items, remove all contaminants)"
    },
    "Automatic Job Assignments": {
      "command": "autolabor 1",
      "tooltip": "the 'autolabor' plugin automates job assignments, replacing tools such as Dwarf Therapist"
    },
    "Pure Bugfixes": {
      "command": "multicmd fix/blood-del enable; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ fix/feeding-timers ] -name feeding-timers; repeat -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ fix/stuckdoors ] -name stuckdoors",
      "enabled": true,
      "tooltip": "bugfixes to run regularly, strongly recomended (fix: feeding prisoners, stuckdoors, blood-del)"
    }
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: July 19, 2015, 09:12:19 am »

Thanks. Isn't this the prisoner feeding bug, though?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: July 19, 2015, 10:09:18 am »

Thanks. Isn't this the prisoner feeding bug, though?

Huh, I think it is.  I'll check, and probably remove that in the next pack version.
 Donations here.

Moridin920

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: July 19, 2015, 04:00:08 pm »

Is World Viewer working for you guys? No matter how I export it always says it can't find the legends files when I point it at the right .bmp map file. I even zipped everything that 'exportlegends all' spits out into a zip archive and after hanging for a couple minutes it gave me the same error message; "Please make sure all 5 legends files located with the map file."

e: Ah it's apparently finnicky with the file names... I made a copy of my region and exported so the file names came out "region1 - copy"; when I changed the file names to "region2" it could load them. Although now I'm getting an exception when trying to load them at least I've made some progress...

e: I changed the name of the save itself from "region1 - copy" to "region2" and re-exported everything and now it works fine. Hopefully if anyone else runs into the same issues this is helpful.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 04:53:21 pm by Moridin920 »
« Reply #2757 on: July 23, 2015, 02:15:18 am »

The starter pack luncher.exe wont work at all for me. I double click it and nothing pops up.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: July 23, 2015, 02:30:04 am »

The starter pack luncher.exe wont work at all for me. I double click it and nothing pops up.

That's probably due to your antivirus; disable it or grant an exemption (or w/e, as usual use your own judgement).
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: July 23, 2015, 06:59:18 am »

That's probably due to your antivirus; disable it or grant an exemption (or w/e, as usual use your own judgement).
FYI Dwarfy, this will happen every time Starter Pack updates to a new executable.  Each new version need to be trusted by a certain number of customers of your antivirus vendor before it earns that's vendor's "trust" and gets green-lighted for all customers.

I try to download and run the new pack as soon as I can to move that process along.  I trust PE, and I trust the DFFD repository to give me a checksum I can use to verify no malware was injected in transit.  That only leaves the threat of someone hacking the pack at rest on DFFD.  Hobestly, DFFD isn't a big enough target for malware.

But just in case, I don't do any banking on the two machines I use for DF :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 385