Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122668 times)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #2925 on: December 02, 2015, 01:51:20 pm »

An updated launcher is now available for those who want to use 0.42.01 with this pack (PyLNP_0.10c-win32.zip).

If you want to keep using 0.40.24 from this pack as well, only extract the executable itself, not the PyLNP.json file that is also included in the ZIP. If you extract PyLNP.json, you will not be able to toggle hacks in 0.40.24, because the information will be gone.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: December 02, 2015, 02:05:20 pm »

An updated launcher is now available for those who want to use 0.42.01 with this pack (PyLNP_0.10c-win32.zip).
Should I be awaiting the Linux and MacOX versions with bated breath, or are they going to take a while longer? (Honestly, I'm highly impressed that ANY version of the pack has been updated yet, even if it's for the system I don't have access to; I've been going under the assumtion that when I'm finally able to try the new version this weekend, I'll need to do so pure Vanilla. So please don't take this as a nag/complaint. Thanks for all your hard work!)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:08:10 pm by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: December 02, 2015, 02:16:40 pm »

Should I be awaiting the Linux and MacOX versions with bated breath, or are they going to take a while longer?
Not sure, I'm feeling lazy. Ask me tomorrow. :)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: December 02, 2015, 02:45:58 pm »

Should I be awaiting the Linux and MacOX versions with bated breath, or are they going to take a while longer? (Honestly, I'm highly impressed that ANY version of the pack has been updated yet, even if it's for the system I don't have access to; I've been going under the assumtion that when I'm finally able to try the new version this weekend, I'll need to do so pure Vanilla. So please don't take this as a nag/complaint. Thanks for all your hard work!)

Keep in mind that I'm only doing the launcher application; all of the content like graphics packs still needs to be updated by their respective maintainers (and bundled by pack maintainers like PeridexisErrant) :)

For Linux and OS X launchers: I normally provide builds for all the platforms, but at the moment I'm only able to make Windows builds, and other members of the community will be providing Linux and OS X builds of the launcher. You can, of course, choose to download the source code and run it that way; it's all Python and the number of dependencies is kept minimal.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: December 02, 2015, 06:51:41 pm »

Should I be awaiting the Linux and MacOX versions with bated breath, or are they going to take a while longer?
Not sure, I'm feeling lazy. Ask me tomorrow. :)

Too lazy to wait; any ETA on your graphics packs?  CLA and Doren/Phoebus have already updated.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: December 02, 2015, 07:57:08 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.42.01-r02!  The second of many, available at this page.

This version is remarkably more stable, for only 24 hours of work.  We've got PyLNP working, Phoebus graphics, PerfectWorld (as if worldgen needs to be harder).  Behind the scenes, there are some config changes and improved content handling that should make it easier for me to to update fast in the future.  But enough about that - if you still prefer the latest to the greatest, time to strike the earth!

Changelogs:

0.42.01-r2
 - added Phoebus graphics
 - update PyLNP to 0.10c; handles new init entries now
 - added PerfectWorld; should still work

0.42.01-r1 changelog:
 - updated DF to 0.42.01
 - only ASCII and CLA graphics
 - all utilities except DFHack, Therapist, PerfectWorld (some at reduced effectiveness)
 - the launcher might be broken
 - Tilesets, keybindings, embark profiles, and so on should all work.

Contents:

Core:
 - Dwarf Fortress 0.42.01
 - PyLNP 0.10c

Utilities:
 - Announcement Window 1.1b
 - DF Story Maker 1.0
 - Dorven Realms R1
 - Dwarf Mockup 1.0.3
 - Isoworld 2.1
 - Legends Viewer 1.13.24
 - PerfectWorld 1.9
 - Picturefort 2.1
 - Quickfort 2.04
 - Soundsense 2015-1
 - World Viewer 2.1.3

Graphics:
 - ASCII
 - CLA
 - Phoebus

Other Content:
 - PerfectWorld XML 1
 - Quickfort Blueprints 2.3
 Donations here.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: December 02, 2015, 08:10:26 pm »

So...bets on how long until Toady releases yet another revision, and our poor modders scramble to update once again?

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: December 02, 2015, 08:27:55 pm »

Yup, of course I meant the 'thanks for your hard work!' to apply to everyone involved in the various third party tools. I know there are are quite a few of you :)
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: December 02, 2015, 08:32:34 pm »

A hearty toast to the modders who work tirelessly to make DF better for all of us!

Isaac23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: December 02, 2015, 08:57:18 pm »

Is autolabor in the foreseeable future? I'm a scrub.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: December 02, 2015, 09:11:29 pm »

So...bets on how long until Toady releases yet another revision, and our poor modders scramble to update once again?
I'm not that much of a sucker, thanks.

A hearty toast to the modders who work tirelessly to make DF better for all of us!
Indeed!

Is autolabor in the foreseeable future?
DFHack is probably a week or two away, but it's hard to tell.  Expect a similar or slightly shorter timeline for Dwarf Therapist.
 Donations here.

Isaac23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: December 02, 2015, 09:35:01 pm »

I just got the pack, thank you so much, one question, I can't left click on anything in-game. I'm using your pack, any tips?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: December 02, 2015, 10:07:58 pm »

I just got the pack, thank you so much, one question, I can't left click on anything in-game. I'm using your pack, any tips?

That's a DFHack plugin, which should be updated in a week or two.  Until then, vanilla controls only or keep using the stable pack - this is one of the reasons I still consider that one better for new players.
 Donations here.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: December 02, 2015, 11:55:33 pm »

Looks like we're due for a bugfix release very soon. Let the re-re-updating commence!

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: December 03, 2015, 04:30:36 am »

Thanks a lot!
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 385