Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122741 times)

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3705 on: July 05, 2016, 11:23:47 pm »

64-bit DF!?

*endless screaming*

LordFreezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: July 06, 2016, 12:19:00 am »

Windows Defender is reporting DwarMockup-1.2.0.exe as malware.  It says it detected item: Trojan:Win32/Rundas!plock.

Likely a false positive

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: July 06, 2016, 12:24:11 am »

Windows Defender is reporting DwarMockup-1.2.0.exe as malware.  It says it detected item: Trojan:Win32/Rundas!plock.

Likely a false positive

Yeah, that happens fairly often with DF and DF add-ons, particularly when there's been a big update.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: July 06, 2016, 07:08:31 am »

Is the LNP going to be released for the 64bit version at some stage?

I have pretty limited knowledge as far as what goes on behind the scenes, but I'll hazard a guess and say that dfhack amongst numerous other things will probably need to see some huge changes prior to this ?
64-bit DF!?

*endless screaming*

I would like to go 64-bit as soon as possible, which is likely to depend on DFHack.  That means waiting 2-3 months, I suspect... but hopefully less!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Benjamin the Rogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: July 06, 2016, 01:57:12 pm »

So with the release of 0.43.05 I imagine it's going to be a while until LNP gets another release? I'm a layman when it comes to this sort of stuff, but I don't imagine taking mod files built for a 32-bit game to a 64-bit game is very simple.

Sheila

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: July 06, 2016, 04:11:03 pm »

Thanks for all your hard work!  :D

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: July 06, 2016, 04:13:50 pm »

So with the release of 0.43.05 I imagine it's going to be a while until LNP gets another release? I'm a layman when it comes to this sort of stuff, but I don't imagine taking mod files built for a 32-bit game to a 64-bit game is very simple.
Raws-based mods should be unaffected, and even most scripting would Just Work.  The hard part is updating the core DFHack, which may have knock-on effects for plugins.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3712 on: July 06, 2016, 04:48:36 pm »

Some plugin authors are going to have to dive into API hell.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: July 06, 2016, 06:07:31 pm »

Some plugin authors are going to have to dive into API hell.
Hmm.. not sure if this is relevant but I still can't get workflow limits to work properly

DFHack enabled; Workflow enabled, but Alt-W doesn't bring up an auto (limit/produce) in the GUI :( What am I missing?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: July 06, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »

DFHack enabled; Workflow enabled, but Alt-W doesn't bring up an auto (limit/produce) in the GUI :( What am I missing?
PE took out that shortcut, I think. Are you on 0.43.03? You might not need workflow for much anymore, although you should still be able to use it.

Regarding DFHack updates: the API shouldn't change much, and hopefully not in an incompatible way, so scripts and plugins would be affected about the same (hopefully not much, besides whatever structure changes there are in newer versions - we've already found a couple). Just to clarify, the DFHack people maintain all the plugins (and scripts) shipped with DFHack. Plugins are actually easier to update than scripts, because they will fail to compile at all if they use things that changed in any way, so we have to get them to compile in order to ship DFHack. With scripts, we don't notice issues until we run them, so things that break can go unnoticed sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:33:37 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: July 06, 2016, 10:08:38 pm »

PE took out that shortcut, I think. Are you on 0.43.03? You might not need workflow for much anymore, although you should still be able to use it.
OK tks. Workflow still works as expected, mostly, but the limits GUI shortcut was really useful & I can't seem to see a substitute :(

v0.43.03, yes, for confirmation

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: July 06, 2016, 10:33:49 pm »

You can just re-add the keybinding lines to dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Alt-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job gui/workflow
keybinding add Alt-W@overallstatus "gui/workflow status"

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Benjamin the Rogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: July 07, 2016, 12:07:01 am »

Raws-based mods should be unaffected, and even most scripting would Just Work.  The hard part is updating the core DFHack, which may have knock-on effects for plugins.

Regarding DFHack updates: the API shouldn't change much, and hopefully not in an incompatible way, so scripts and plugins would be affected about the same (hopefully not much, besides whatever structure changes there are in newer versions - we've already found a couple). Just to clarify, the DFHack people maintain all the plugins (and scripts) shipped with DFHack. Plugins are actually easier to update than scripts, because they will fail to compile at all if they use things that changed in any way, so we have to get them to compile in order to ship DFHack. With scripts, we don't notice issues until we run them, so things that break can go unnoticed sometimes.

Thanks. I don't know how any of this works, but that doesn't mean I'm not curious about the work that goes into it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:09:21 am by Benjamin the Rogue »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: July 07, 2016, 12:44:52 am »

For anyone who's curious, the biggest unplanned changes for scripts are what are called anon attributes.  That's some fiddly bit inside the game data that is of a known size and location, but no one knows what it does.  Sometimes a modder will notice for example that a script only works when a particular anon is set to "1".  You can't depend on the fact that anon_4 is still going to be anon_4 in the next version.

Short of an incredibly bloated version control system, there's just no way to know when a script that touches an anon is going to break.  I think that's a bit more likely during the switch to 64 bits, but definitely not a sure thing.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: July 07, 2016, 05:08:29 pm »

Well, I meant any structure changes. Like if df.tile_type.TREE or something goes away (which it did in 0.40), we'll catch all plugins that use that right away and be able to update them, while we'd have no idea about scripts until we look through them. I guess anon fields could be included in that too, but structure changes in general were the main issue I was talking about.

I think that's a bit more likely during the switch to 64 bits, but definitely not a sure thing.
What's more likely to break? Scripts using anon fields? I doubt Toady made many structure changes in 0.43.04/05, since those were mainly compiler/build system changes.

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 385