Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Gods of Bay12  (Read 34013 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Bay12
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2013, 04:23:05 am »

Do we even have any female deities? I probably should have payed* a bit more attention.

Also probably gonna add anomaly to my list of spheres.

*Internet Explorer does not recognize "payed" as a word.
Eh. There's probably some unlikely thing that can happen to turn the entire pantheon into females. Which will happen. Because I will it.
*voided*
Any attempt to void me will end with me floating back in.
Into what?
You can't win when there's nothing to float back into
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2013, 05:10:59 am »

Why is the god of knowledge not a major god but that luck jackass is? "Did you hear, Frank learned to cure the plague yesterday. No big deal, right? Happens all the time. BUT I JUST FOUND THREE FUCKING CENTS! YOU KNOW HOW BIG THAT IS?!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2013, 05:19:53 am »

Why is the god of knowledge not a major god but that luck jackass is? "Did you hear, Frank learned to cure the plague yesterday. No big deal, right? Happens all the time. BUT I JUST FOUND THREE FUCKING CENTS! YOU KNOW HOW BIG THAT IS?!"

You may just as well ask why the God of Baked Goods and Cannibalism is in the Order of Seven. The answer is simple. They represent things that ancient people are more likely to value in a hostile world.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:22:36 am by Harry Baldman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2013, 05:28:17 am »

You may just as well ask why the God of Baked Goods and Cannibalism is in the Order of Seven. The answer is simple. They represent things that ancient people are more likely to value in a hostile world.
I just blame that on cheesecake being delicious. I'm going to put what counts as a heretic to me on a list so my cults will know who to let die by eating the poison mushroom and who to bake into a cake because I feel like a dick that day.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2013, 05:28:42 am »

Feed... Must feed. Food... See food. Gods.... are food. EAT.

Be baked into trans-existence. Create prophesy of me eating all the gods in the end time.

((I won't kill you all this early, that would make me a prick. Just thought it fits my RP because I'm the god of canibbalism... and I'm a god you're all gods, so...))

((PS. You got something about me being in the Order of Seven? Huh? Punk?))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2013, 05:37:38 am »

No, actually I approve of you being in the... Order of the Seven? How cliche sound is that? I should start an uprising just for that. Order of the Seven.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2013, 05:59:01 am »

Feed... Must feed. Food... See food. Gods.... are food. EAT.

Be baked into trans-existence. Create prophesy of me eating all the gods in the end time.

((I won't kill you all this early, that would make me a prick. Just thought it fits my RP because I'm the god of canibbalism... and I'm a god you're all gods, so...))

And i chestburst out of you. The end.

Do we even have any female deities? I probably should have payed* a bit more attention.

Also probably gonna add anomaly to my list of spheres.

*Internet Explorer does not recognize "payed" as a word.
Eh. There's probably some unlikely thing that can happen to turn the entire pantheon into females. Which will happen. Because I will it.
*voided*
Any attempt to void me will end with me floating back in.
Into what?
You can't win when there's nothing to float back into
?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2013, 06:36:57 am »

Then why is the God of Survival not up there. :P
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2013, 06:52:28 am »

Then why is the God of Survival not up there. :P

Ah, presumably because the Great God of Luck provides enough luck for most - only adventurers and such require the extra little bit that E. Low provides, thus the cult is mostly composed of various people of the adventuring sort, of which there are assuredly not too many.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2013, 07:06:41 am »

Hah. Silly gods needing things to manifest.
I know, right.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2013, 07:09:20 am »

OOC Thread. So this doesn't increase by three pages while I sleep and have to find everyone's actions.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2013, 10:57:05 am »

In the corner, a gambler yells, "Dave has been chosen to be sacrificed to Gamerlord!" A yelling Dave is hauled away to the twin temples of Gamelord and Player, then voices dropped to a low rumble. On the stage, the minstrel continues his story.

"Then Xavanos looked upon the briefcase, and he knew that there was another. Another was unnacceptable; another would create, undo the void! That must not happen, he decided, and charged towards the briefcase. Wolin was prepared for this. He was prepared for everything. He opened the briefcase, and from inside, three deities flew out. The first was Baldman, then god of curiosity. His first reaction was to look around. He saw Wwolin battling nothing as it tried to eat the briefcase. (6+1 vs. 6+2) The battle they began that day is still raging to this day. Wwolin creating worlds, and Xavannos detroying them. (4+1) But one world had already been prepared. Inside the briefcase was a world, meant to burn through the void like wildfire. And it did. When wwolin opened his briefcase, the world was flung into the mouth of Xavanos, and entered his stomach. (5+1) It burned the nothingness, putting Xavanos in constant pain. It was so hot that it was forced to remain lifeless and barren, but it drove the nothingness away from around it, meaning that the parts of worlds Xavanos consumed but survived long enough to be near the red world was safe, and eventually began to reform into worlds. Baldman watched, and followed, being ever curious. (3+1) and the nothingness did not affect him. Then the second briefcase god, Neyravah saw the red world glow from within the nothingness. It was lovely, it was perfect, it was barren. So Neyravah followed Baldman, (1+2) losing 48 of his 50 heads and wings to the nothingness, and watched as the world pieces formed, and decided to assist. (6+2) He created life, but it blossomed out of control, reached out into the nothingness and was consumed. And so Neyravah had to start over again. The third briefcase god was zanzetkuken, god of sanity and insanity. He immediately fled the battle area and tried to form a deal with Xavanos, offering to lose the original power of creation in exchange for not being devoured. Xavannos replied-"

Once again, a disturbance forced the minstrel to stop telling the story. THis time it was because of a loud explosion. "That must be the Cult of Juren and their cursed alchemy." A man cried. Then from outside came the dreaded words "FIRE! FIRE!" Most of the tavern's occupants fled, but a man waited. "I have never heard this story before, and I am the world's most knowledgable scholar. Keep telling it please."

The minstrel nodded, one hand pushing some brown hair that had fallen over his eye seemingly of it's own accord. "I have this tale from a good source. It is the truth." He said, racking his brains as to where he was in the story when he had stopped.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:53:59 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2013, 11:21:21 am »

((This is awesome.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2013, 11:31:18 am »

Baldman observed the worlds that were, and he was a tad bored. The red world burning at the center of it all, rocks flying all about. There was nothing here - not yet, anyway. The First Life had proven ultimately disappointing, and this place was known. So he turned to the void.

"Void-Father, allow me passage through your unbeing. I come not to conquer like the others, I wish only to know, not touch. Is this agreeable?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2013, 11:52:19 am »

Xavanos struggled against the being. So many worlds created! Such a violation of the void! And pain! Pain beyond any conception of it ripped through Xavanos, and the struggle continued for eternity.
Whispering voices began to talk to him in the dark, asking to be let in, promising to not create, merely alter and observe. He considered, and agreed.

Xavanos stretches it's cavernous jaws wide and inhales Baldman and Zanzetkuken, marking them with the Touch of the Void, ensuring they wouldn't be harmed by the nothingness.
He continues to devour and destroy the worlds created in an effort to bring back the void.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:47:30 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15