Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 233

Author Topic: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail. The End of Gia.  (Read 590514 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail, making a Hex Map OF THE WORLD!
« Reply #2715 on: October 24, 2013, 08:23:34 pm »

Create a dodge to roll. You must describe an outcome. A dice will then be rolled. Based off of that roll, the action which produced that outcome will be determined. Normal inverse (or inverse normal, depending on how you want to look at it) rolling descriptions apply.
Hm. Anyone up to making an experimental game like that?
I was thinking of creating something somewhat similar last night, but I forget what it was. It wasn't quite this, but it was kinda close.
I remember now. You started at the end of the story, and worked your way backwards.
That reminds me of a game I was running a while back that was exactly that.
And the RtD it was inspired by.
And the fact that that was inspired by "Momento".
Was that the one where you were dead and had to roll to determine how you came to be that way?
Ayup.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: October 24, 2013, 08:31:28 pm »

I was gonna think of having my civ (its city states, right? and if you were ok with it) as a nation of threadromancers/undead with their leader (myself) as a High Lord THreadromancer that isn't as broken and suicidal. And I'd have to steal corpses probably to fuel my army unless you let me use carrion eaters (rat swarms, raven flocks, etc).

And those who wouldn't know about it would learn the horrors that we faced because of them! 8)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: October 24, 2013, 08:43:12 pm »

I was gonna think of having my civ (its city states, right? and if you were ok with it) as a nation of threadromancers/undead with their leader (myself) as a High Lord THreadromancer that isn't as broken and suicidal. And I'd have to steal corpses probably to fuel my army unless you let me use carrion eaters (rat swarms, raven flocks, etc).

And those who wouldn't know about it would learn the horrors that we faced because of them! 8)
I might allow that.
It'd be interesting.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: October 24, 2013, 08:47:46 pm »

I need to devolop a spell that opened a protal to the realm of fire

Instant flamethrower/BBQ
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: October 24, 2013, 09:01:42 pm »

Do my work like a good office worker.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: October 24, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »

hello, is that swarm that was summoned my scythers?????

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: October 24, 2013, 09:37:20 pm »

...What? Who? Why? When? Where? How? Banana?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: October 24, 2013, 10:09:05 pm »

I might allow that.
It'd be interesting.
He'd need access to necromancy sphere as a start, and then he'd need to learn some sort of fast-travel, like flying or something. That way he can go to the fields of battle after the war is over and take ALL the corpses! 8)

I'm debating on situating overtop the old mountainhomes in order to harvest the corpses in the wreckage or being over on the human island... Problem is if they get smart and decide I'm a HUGE threat, they can all just tear down the walls as the alliance of three kings. Because 3v1, the 3 will win, hands down, no matter how many of their corpses I can revive.

...What? Who? Why? When? Where? How? Banana?

TURTLE!!!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: October 25, 2013, 06:37:55 am »

Corpses? No, you would need to steal THREADS. Specifically, all these derail threads that keep popping up out of this. :P

Also I like how Necrothreat has become an actual thing.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: October 25, 2013, 08:49:02 am »

Corpses? No, you would need to steal THREADS. Specifically, all these derail threads that keep popping up out of this. :P

I think it just got enough votes for Hall of Legends. And with the amount of derail threads here, I think I got an army to take over the continent I establish on :o

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: October 25, 2013, 04:20:47 pm »

I think it just got enough votes for Hall of Legends. And with the amount of derail threads here, I think I got an army to take over the continent I establish on :o
With the amount of derail threads here you probably have an army to rival Xantalos and Derm if their powers combined. I mean not really, but hey....LOT of derail threads :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: October 25, 2013, 09:36:42 pm »

I'm not worried because the serpents are back underground if not dead. As for the amount of details, I agree, there are MANY. I'm probably gonna situate myself by the coast of the mountain home island and make naval ships that just carry armies of the dead that harass and being home more corpses for revival by the lesser necromancers that follow me 8) I think they'd be my range unit, hands and limbs being the infantry, undead hordes being the shock troops. And everyone needs a scout unit, so raven swarms!  8)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: October 27, 2013, 10:57:31 pm »

mastacheese cancels update: busy with mapmaking

How's it coming along btw? How many landmasses are done?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: October 27, 2013, 10:59:19 pm »

I'm not worried because the serpents are back underground if not dead. As for the amount of details, I agree, there are MANY. I'm probably gonna situate myself by the coast of the mountain home island and make naval ships that just carry armies of the dead that harass and being home more corpses for revival by the lesser necromancers that follow me 8) I think they'd be my range unit, hands and limbs being the infantry, undead hordes being the shock troops. And everyone needs a scout unit, so raven swarms!  8)
Well, that depends on whether I survive my dual with BFEL on behalf of God!Me.
And even then he turns into a serpent too, so there's that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 233