Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378137 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game [0/8]
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »

Oh hell Lalasa's character name is going to confuse the shit out of me.

Also this book, man. Sixty damn pages!?

Also is there no *Page One*?

Movement and science!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:21:51 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 04:21:52 pm »

Myra looked to her left and right, two men were flanking her. Just moments before, a sense of disorientation and intangible force. She looked at the battleaxe, then at her book, then back at the weapon as she gripped the only thing in her hands in worry.

Studying the book was damned enough, having found it on some remote area far away from the common road.

This was not a good day. The rest seemed disoriented too, but the atmosphere...It was disconcerting.

Their auras smelled of death. There was only one thing to try out, now.

"Who are you all?"

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 04:24:19 pm »

Hmm.
Jignec Baist.

Target a random person, pointing at them with my index finger, thinking thoughts of evil and destruction and whatnot.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:58:25 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 05:17:14 pm »

Climb upwards onto the ledge.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 05:52:11 pm »

Aw yeah. Time to have some good fun. Things are mixed up and ready to go. Love the way the book's organized and written, by the way. Are there missing pages?

Spoiler: Tod-5 (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 05:57:49 pm »

INININ!

Spoiler: Golden Scholar, The (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 06:04:30 pm »

A lot of pages are missing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 06:53:18 pm »

Yay! I thought I'd missed my chance completely when Perplexicon ended.

Charles: A skinny man who appears not to have gone outside for years. He is wearing a ragged T-shirt with the name Babbage emblazoned across it in gigantic letters.

Strength: 0
Dexterity: 1
Speed:  1
Endurance: 0
Potency:  3
Will:  1
Channelling:  3

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 07:00:19 pm »

Actually, there will be a flavorful page one.  I just haven't written it yet.  I finished this up in a touch of a hurry and it got missed.  I'll have it up soon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 07:02:34 pm »

What about the pages in the middle, like 10, 11 and 12? Are those going to be filled in in time as well?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 07:26:34 pm »

Maybe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »

Next question: The title. Why does it still say 0/8?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Introductions]
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:10 pm »

Does not.

Maybe.

For a more complete answer, note that the book is in rough shape.  Some pages are burned/stained/illegible/missing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Introductions]
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 09:27:12 pm »

Read book./b]

Damn, that's a lot of magic words.  Hey, was this note in the front here before?

Beware, reader, for this book was not meant for human hands.  Its power is far too great for mortal man for comprehend.  It is scrambled and confused for a reason.  Do not read it, do not say the words within, and do not search for the pattern.

No, there is no pattern!  Beware!  Burn this book at once!

Is that blood it is written in?  Hmmm.

Derek blinks for a moment before scampering towards the narrow passage.  He has no idea what's going on but he already doesn't like the fact that he's in a hole with random odd-looking strangers.

You decide that discretion is the better part of valor and get out to the south.

The southern room is a fifteen by sixty foot rectangular room, with east-west being the long direction.  You entered from the northern wall, near the eastern wall.  The entire southern wall is covered in nasty looking steel spikes.  Better not touch them.  The western wall contains another passage.

Offer an alliance to any players willing to accept, and grab the battleaxe. Speak the words "Tepsy Necti" at any who try to take the battleaxe, assuming they aren't one of my allies.

You walk over to the axe.  No one else makes a move for it, so you calmly pick it up and examine it.  Fine workmanship, and the blade is wickedly sharp.

Movement and science!

You head east and climb the nearby stairs to the ledge overlooking the room.  You point at the wall and start casting spells.

[Pot:3]  What appears to be a rib comes into being in front of you and falls to the ground.

[Pot:4]  A lump of flesh the size of a bowling ball coalesces into being and falls to the ground with a wet thud.

[Pot:6]  A huge block of wood appears and lands on the flesh.  You hear a wet pop- ugh.

[Pot:4]  A piece of leather the size of a t-shirt joins the collection of crap on the floor.

[Pot:5]  Now the pile is covered in hair.  Put it all together and you could have an 80s rock band.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

No one responds, so you say your word.

[Pot:1] You sneeze halfway through saying it, and waste your magical energy.

Hmm.
Jignec Baist.

Target a random person, pointing at them with my index finger, thinking thoughts of evil and destruction and whatnot.

(Going to assume you meant Jigenc)

A random person you say?  [1d8: 8]  That Joe guy looks like a jerk, what with those slippers.  You point at him and say your words, nearly bubbling over with evil intent.

[Pot:1+1]  Nothing happens.

Climb upwards onto the ledge.

You head up the north stairs.  There's a great view of the everyone standing around in confusion.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  [Scapheap]  -  North side, Grand Room
Xantalos:  Xantalos - Northeast side, Grand Room
Derm:  Derm - East Ledge, Grand Room
Chink:  Chanala - Center, Grand Room  [Obsidian Battleaxe]
Tiruin:  Myra - South side, Grand Room
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - East side, Spike Room
FuzzyZergling:  Fuzz - North Ledge, Grand Room
Remuthra:  Joe Bridger - Northwest side, Grand Room
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:44:42 pm by Toaster »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Hair Band]
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 09:33:34 pm »

Same words! Throw in a few angry flourishes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 198