Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378367 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Hair Band]
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2013, 11:11:52 pm »

If I can decipher which part means glass and which means spear I'll be happy only then.
You didn't figure that out?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2013, 11:35:29 pm »

((Of course, everything happens when I'm asleep...Again. Wasted turn >_>))
"Do you know what this thing is?  This creepy book filled with gibberish?" he asks Myra, since she looks mostly okay.

The sudden approach of Chanala and his battleaxe startles the already nervous Derek, and he repeats "Nodi" again, this time unwittingly at Chanala.
"I literally have no idea what it is. Found it on the wayside, and curious about its contents.

"Which mean no logic to me whatsoever..And I-"

You run off with the battleaxe before anyone gets any ideas, and join Derek and Myra in the spike room.  Magic time!

Buh. Great. Armed people without any inclination of w-...
Offer an alliance with the other people in my room.
"Don't hurt me, and I won't hurt you. Nobody here has the manners to introduce themselves, so excuse me if I'm a bit guarded here.

"And those weapons. That too. Get away from me, please."

This is really stupid.

"Do you know what Venes means?" she said, gesturing casually.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2013, 12:13:47 am »

"Alright, boy, playtime's over."
Fight through the pain, take revenge.
Back away, utter Haer Poincale Bical.

[Joe Spd:2+1-1]
[Xantalos Spd:2-1]

[Joe Dex:5-1-1]
[Xantalos Dex:4-1]

[Joe Str:1-1-1]

Despite the pain, Joe manages to get up before Xantalos can take advantage.  Joe aims another swing at him, but this one is so terrible that he lands flat on his face.  Xantalos takes this opportunity to back away and launch a spell.

[Pot:1+1]  What appear to be ley lines attempt to spread over Xantalos's body, but they quickly fade.

point at person and say words

Meanwhile, Jack gets into position and launches a spell.

[Pot:2+1]  A whip that appears to be fashioned from the spine of a small animal comes into being.  It's about two feet long, with a flexible spine whip and a tibia handle.

Your hand stump is still bleeding quite a bit.

This is shaping up nicely...

Research!

[Pot:1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:6]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:5]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:4]  Guess what?  Nothing happens.

Derek doesn't feel safe with a lunatic that caries battleaxes and summons spears.  Without looking back Derek squeaks and runs down the Western passage.  Dying is not on his to-do list.  Axe-maniacs are probably liars, right?

You book it down the passage to the west.  You emerge onto a sturdy stone bridge crossing a ravine.  The ravine stretches off as far as you can see to the north and south.  It goes about twenty feet up, and down... well, you certainly don't see a bottom.  You toss a rock in and listen for it to hit... and listen... and listen...

The bridge itself is about twenty feet long and eight feet wide.  It has siderails, but they're fairly low- you could easily trip over them and join that rock in falling endlessly.  At least the bridge is obviously very strong.

Another passage goes west on the other side of the bridge.

Pick up the spear, and speak the words "Gostophori Yeat Gynal".

You collect your spear, and say your Magic Words.

[Pot:1+1]  What appears to be a small, yet hairy, piece of concrete drops straight down from your hand.

"Do you know what Venes means?" she said, gesturing casually.

You glance around warily and say your word.

Cast at the ground.

You don't have any pool, so you can't cast.  The hell was I doing letting you try to cast earlier?  I should have been paying more attention, derp.  The previous casts will stand, though.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack  -  North side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, stump is bleeding}
Xantalos:  Xantalos - Northeast side, Grand Room  (3/6 Pool)
Derm:  Derm - East Ledge, Grand Room
Chink:  Chanala - East side, Spike Room  (Left arm glowing) [Obsidian Battleaxe, Glass-headed Spear]
Tiruin:  Myra - East side, Spike Room
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - On the Bridge, Bottomless Pit
FuzzyZergling:  Fuzz - North Ledge, Grand Room
Remuthra:  Joe Bridger - Northeast side, Grand Room  {On ground}

Note- I forgot to start tracking Xantalos's pool for his little scrap, but it's there now.  Remember, your pool is refilled for free each turn, unless you're in combat, in which case you regain one point per turn, by default.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2013, 12:23:13 am »

Same words.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2013, 12:27:54 am »

"You're quite armed, though." Myra said to Chanala, "I'm Myra. A Biologist in trade and profession. What say we explore this place before..err, you put those things to use?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2013, 12:30:14 am »

Well shit.

Research!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2013, 03:24:37 am »

Bandged my hand stump with shirt then word at person.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2013, 10:28:29 am »

Since bridges aren't of much use except for crossing them, Derek decides not to wait around for axe-maniacs and crosses the bridge, disappearing down the west passage at the end of it.  Besides, large pits combined with short rails are unnerving.  Of course, nothing seems to be "safe" or "stable" in this place but still!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2013, 01:43:05 pm »

"That sounds like a good idea. Best to know the terrain in case anyone decides that you or I would make a good target."

Speak words.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2013, 03:09:00 pm »

Head to the Northeast side and jump down on the man on the ground (Joe).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2013, 09:18:33 pm »

We're waiting on Remuthra since he's mixed up in murder.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2013, 09:52:05 pm »

"That sounds like a good idea. Best to know the terrain in case anyone decides that you or I would make a good target."
"You do know your arm is glowing, right? Unless you've got bio-luminescence, I'd request you to watch that arm.

"I'll just head out and explore."

Yes.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2013, 08:10:27 am »

Will i get an warning (Private message) or something when i start?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2013, 08:47:24 am »

I'll try to send reminders when people get put in.  Given we've got a pretty good scrap started up, death should be happening soon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2013, 09:04:19 am »

Also, here's a godawful not-to-scale MSPaint map of what has been explored so far.  (Spoiler- the map isn't very big)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 198