Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378194 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Tailor Made for Dick Jokes]
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2013, 09:58:32 pm »

Retreat to the spike room.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2013, 11:00:48 pm »

Dammit Xantalos, I'll have to wait until I'm actually in to do any more research, won't I?
Yes.
I'm a swear word for you now, aren't I?
Hehehe
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2013, 11:05:33 pm »

I've been a swear for a long time.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2013, 11:06:49 pm »

I've been a swear for a long time.
Yes, but solely for one person? It's a compliment.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2013, 11:17:21 pm »

Myra stopped and looked at the man on the far end of the room--someone she saw earlier. She sees him holding a stick, perhaps a wand or something for prodding things..

"Do you need help?"

Examine room.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2013, 12:36:30 am »

Derek snapped to attention as the sound of a familiar woman's voice.  It seems the normal-ish looking lady was back, but Derek was no longer as afraid.  He was armed now with what he supposed was a magical stick.  Maybe it could help make use out of this odd book?  Waving it around a few times, he turns to look at Myra, an unhappy frown on his face.

"If you could help me get out of this wonky place, I'd gladly accept it.  I hate it here!  Everything is really dangerous and there are crazy people with axes!  Do you think this thing can do magic?" Derek asks, his question hanging in the air.

Thumbing through the book, he finds a page with a decently sane and gore-free picture.  Pointing his wand at nothing in particular, he attempts a spell again.  "Delanes!" he exclaims, emboldened by his find.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2013, 12:38:03 am »

Heh. Silly old person.

Find a secluded area.
Sig! Onol

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2013, 02:10:11 am »

More whipping at fuzzy
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2013, 04:39:46 am »

"If you could help me get out of this wonky place, I'd gladly accept it.  I hate it here!  Everything is really dangerous and there are crazy people with axes!  Do you think this thing can do magic?" Derek asks, his question hanging in the air.
"Crazy people indeed, the way back is filled with fighting and whatnot. I believe the connection is with the books we hold.

"...Though, it also makes sense. What we've seen recently is magic. What's the problem over there? No way out or the lack of a door? I'll help you."
Myra replied, discerning the man to have no malevolent intent. "..Well, that is, if you're ok with that. It's been only minutes and people have been spouting words and gesturing like mad.

"Makes me wonder who else found these books...I'm Myra, by the way."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2013, 08:13:54 am »

Pick up Joe and throw him at Jack.
Retreat to the spike room.
More whipping at fuzzy

[Fuzzy Spd:6]
[Joe Spd:1+1-1]
[Jack Spd:6-1]

[Fuzzy Str:4]
[Fuzzy Dex:2+1]
[Joe Dex:2-1-1]

[Fuzzy Dex:2+1]
[Jack Dex:1]

[Fuzzy Str:3]

Jack moves to attack Fuzzy, but Fuzzy is faster.  He moves to weaponize Joe, but forgets that people are really heavy.   He's able to get him up, but the best he can do is just shove Joe in the way of Jack, who completely fails to dodge.  The two of them go down in a tangled heap, and are unable to extricate themselves in time to execute their own plans.

"You poor meaty bastard. Maybe I can find a use for you, eh?"

Actions!

You move to the doorway, but nothing happens.

Be the subject of more dick jokes.

The Flesh Weapon Shop:  You can't beat our meat!

Examine room.

There's not too much else to say about this room, so you examine the silver bars instead.  You're no metallurgist, but they look like perfectly pure silver to you.  You could pick one up, sure, but it's pretty heavy and would make a fairly poor weapon.  Will magic work?  Let's find out.

[Pot:2]  Nothing happens.

Shrugging, you leave them behind and head to the west side of the bridge and join Derek.

"Delanes!" he exclaims, emboldened by his find.

You hold out your new wand and say your word.

[Pot:2+1] Nothing happens.  The wand also did nothing, so you're not sure if it did have- or would have had- any actual effect on the spell.

Find a secluded area.

The manpile over there shows no sign of abating, and everyone else has left the room.  You head up the north stairs.  It's pretty secluded on the ledge, since no one else is up here.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack  -  Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, on ground}
Xantalos:  Xantalos - North ledge, Grand Room  {Ley lines on body}
Derm:  Derm - At south exit, Grand Room  [Chink the Halberd]
Chink:  Chanala - At south exit, Grand Room  (Is just a torso, which is a halberd)  [Wielded by Derm]
Tiruin:  Myra - West side of bridge, Bottomless Pit
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side of bridge, Bottomless Pit  [Wand]
FuzzyZergling:  Fuzz - Northeast side, Grand Room
Remuthra:  Joe Bridger - Northeast side, Grand Room  {On ground, ribs broken}
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2013, 08:15:32 am »

Is Chanala ever going to do any actions?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2013, 08:20:59 am »

Chanala is actually in a bad place.  The transformation is stuck in the "on" position, and he is unable to attempt spells to fix it.  Pretty much the only options are someone coming along and fixing him, him somehow gaining control over flesh and trying to fix himself by will, or Derm saying "screw it" and chucking him into the spikes/bottomless pit/other method of murder.

If Chink just wishes to become NPCed and let the next person in line in, I will accept that as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2013, 08:33:38 am »

I'd appreciate that. I don't think it makes sense that an inanimate object should hold up the waitlist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2013, 08:45:01 am »

I'm fine with being NPC'ed and letting the next person in, on the condition that if I somehow get transformed back, I regain my position as a player.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:26 am »

Get up and whip Fuzzy.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 198