Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376889 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Tailor Made for Dick Jokes]
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2013, 12:56:41 pm »

Stomp on Joe's left arm.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2013, 01:01:19 pm »

"...Well at least we'll know if it gets too hot on if our books burn first.
((Unless you have some sort of nerve condition, you'd feel it before your books burned.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2013, 01:31:02 pm »

"...Well at least we'll know if it gets too hot on if our books burn first.
((Unless you have some sort of nerve condition, you'd feel it before your books burned.))
((I know that you can feel the heat, but there's a difference here.))

"This is exactly why hanging around with axe-maniacs is a bad idea!  They talk normally for one second and then BAM!  They start swinging weaponry around!  ...What are they doing anyway?  I ran out before I could get cut in half."
"Cutting each other in half. I don't know. The sounds of pain and annoyance are very hard to differentiate. It didn't sound good."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2013, 01:31:39 pm »

((How so?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2013, 02:50:55 pm »

Get up and whip Fuzzy.
Crawl away to the spike room.
Stomp on Joe's left arm.
If he gets NPC'd I better still get a point if I kill him.

Things!
I'm fine with being NPC'ed and letting the next person in, on the condition that if I somehow get transformed back, I regain my position as a player.

[Jack Spd:2-1]
[Joe Spd:3+1]
[Fuzzy Spd:3]
[Derm Spd:3]

[Fuzzy Dex:5+1]
[Joe Dex:6-1]

[Fuzzy Str:2]

Joe starts crawling away, as Fuzzy goes for his arm.  Joe is quick, but Fuzzy has the advantage of being on his feet.  Again, the blow is square but Fuzzy seriously underestimates the strength in his feet.  Joe manages to get halfway across the room as Fuzzy finds himself distracted.

[Derm Pot:2]  What looks like a bone toothpick shoots straight forward about six inches from Derm before flopping to the ground lamely.  Derm shrugs, then moves to meet Joe with a blow from Chinkberd.

[Derm Str:4]

[Derm Dex:2]
[Joe Dex:5-1]

Chinkberd is still very heavy.  Joe sees the blow coming and is able to roll out of the way.

[Jack Dex:1]
[Fuzzy Dex:2+1]

At least, Jack completely whiffing another attack on Fuzzy provides a distraction.

"You'd think one of us could kill the other."

Derm notices an odd shudder in the Chinkberd.  It's like it went into a daze, if a halberd-shaped torso could go into a daze.

Venture forth!

Derek smacks the wand against his thigh a couple of times. "I guess it must be broken?  Or maybe I'm not magical." he mumbles, a bit disappointed.

"If you're alright entering the room with a floating lava ceiling, I can't really argue."

Derek follows Myra, glancing behind him every few moments.

Derek is pleased to note that slapping the wand on his leg does not cause horrible self-immolation.  Surely there's some way to work this thing?  Why would a broken wand be sitting around?

The two of you walk into the magma room again.  The magma and table are sitting there, unchanged.  There's no sign of any trap or hostility of any type.  The magma bubbles away peacefully on the ceiling.

Research!

Man, those people down below are pretty incompetent.  Let's see what this book has to offer.

[Pot:5+1] A very large gout of fire bursts into being in front of you, nearly singing your eyebrows in the process.

[Pot:6+1] A chunk of solid gold the size of a SUV smashes into the ground in front of you, nearly knocking you over with the vibrations it causes.  You'd be filthy rich now if there was any way you could pick this up.

[Pot:1+1] Nothing happens.

[Pot:5+1] A pile of bones appears in the air and drops to the ground.  Femurs, skulls, ribs, and that arm bone is about four feet long.  Hmm.

[Pot:6+1] A bright colorless glow envelops your head, but quickly fades away.  Huh.

Bob bursts into being in the center of the Spike Room.  He looks around bemusedly, perhaps looking for players to torment.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack  -  Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump}
Xantalos:  Xantalos - North ledge, Grand Room  {Ley lines on body}
Derm:  Derm - Center, Grand Room (3/5 Pool) [Chink the Halberd]
Bob:  Center, Spike Room
Tiruin:  Myra - East side, Magma Room
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - East side, Magma Room  [Wand]
FuzzyZergling:  Fuzz - Northeast side, Grand Room
Remuthra:  Joe Bridger - Center, Grand Room  {On ground, ribs broken}
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:27:44 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2013, 03:15:37 pm »

It's amazing my inexplicable resistance to getting murdered.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2013, 03:17:13 pm »

I know, right?  Twice you've been a single roll from death.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2013, 03:25:55 pm »

Second verse, same as the first!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »

Keep on attacking Joe.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2013, 03:39:25 pm »

(I will say everything out loud. Because I am not here to survive, so much as I am here to inject chaos and hopefully die in an entertaining fashion.)

Bob looks around.

"Spike pit...magic book...someone spiked the cheetos again. Well, as long as I'm hallucinating, I might as well enjoy it. Lemme see..."

He flips through the book, scratching his chin as he does so.

"Wizard needs spreadsheet, badly. Oh well, these look fun."

Say the following, all individually.
Gostophori
Nunpachori
Ofactidio

Once finished, and if still breathing, Bob attempts to find a place that is both far from other wizards and yet is also not precariously placed over open pits of spikes or magma or giant spiders or other such things.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2013, 03:48:05 pm »

Get up, run away.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2013, 04:00:09 pm »

(I will say everything out loud. Because I am not here to survive, so much as I am here to inject chaos and hopefully die in an entertaining fashion.)
Thank you!
Sig

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2013, 04:01:46 pm »

((I am also saying anything I discover out loud because Derek is not secretive.  I don't care whether I win or lose as long as I encounter !FUN!
You probably already guessed this though.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2013, 04:07:25 pm »

((You don't seem to be saying much, though.))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2013, 04:16:58 pm »

Researchizzle!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 198