Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378038 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [When in doubt, use hair]
« Reply #360 on: July 23, 2013, 08:55:46 pm »

"Oh no. More people. Hey people, are you nice?!" To Jack ,"Do you know these guys? And what do you think of them?"

If either Derm or Tod move into the northeastern half of the room, shoot them. If either Derm or Tod speak anything other than English, shoot them. If Jack badmouths either Derm or Tod, shoot them. If they both look dangerous in any of these ways, blast them.
Shooty spell: Enur Umbulaggis. Blasty (?) spell: Enur Nunpachori Umbulaggis

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »

Actions!
Try again, same conditions apply fully.
If either Derm or Tod move into the northeastern half of the room, shoot them. If either Derm or Tod speak anything other than English, shoot them. If Jack badmouths either Derm or Tod, shoot them. If they both look dangerous in any of these ways, blast them.
Shooty spell: Enur Umbulaggis. Blasty (?) spell: Enur Nunpachori Umbulaggis

(Heads up- if your conditionals are vague and I'm about to run a turn, I'm guessing.)

[Derm Spd:2]
[Tod Spd:3+1]
[Charles Spd:6]

Yeah, these two look pretty violent.  Better blast them.

[Charles Pot:6+1]

[Charles Dex:4]
[Derm Dex:5]
[Tod Dex:6+1]

[Derm Dex:5]
[Tod Dex:2+1]

[Tod End:2]

A simply massive chunk of crystal forms in the air, hover there for a second, then shoots straight forward toward Derm and Tod.  They both see it coming and dive out of the way, Tod diving hard enough to slam into the ground and knock the wind out of himself.  The crystal hunk sails past both of them and slams into the wall.

It shatters into a million pieces.

Shards of crystal fly outward at both Derm and Tod, but Derm ducks, bobs, weaves, and manages to dodge all the dangerous ones.  Tod, prone on the floor, isn't so lucky.  Several of the largest chunks miss him, but he is peppered with many razor-sharp shards, and begins bleeding from several places on his back.  Derm is quick to take advantage by pointing at him and launching a spell.

[Derm Pot:6+1]  A massive glob of gooey gold forms in the air and flies directly forward, straight over Tod's head.  It splatters into a wall fifteen feet beyond, leaving a big golden mess.  Dammit.

Josionp Kiallum Zemonif

Time to take all these words and start rubbing them together.

[Pot:2+1]  A steel boomerang appears right in front of you, then falls to the floor.  Too bad it's about six inches long and bent wrong, or this might be pretty cool.

Zentol
Sabidetria Terosifi Furicalnec

((I was wondering when someone would notice that))

[Pot:6+1]  A massive pile of suckers, hard candies, chocolates, and other assorted sweets pops into being in front of you and falls into a giant sugary heap.

You can't help but feel some omnipresent overlord of this pit is laughing at you.

[Pot:6+1]  What appears to be a three-foot tongue made of cartilaginous bone flops to the ground in front of you.  That's... strange.  You reach out to touch it just to see what it feels like, and your hand goes straight through it.

Cast a PM spell at the fire pool

It's mostly burnt out now, but you aim to where it was.

[Pot:1+1]  A few drops of gooey iron splut to the ground in front of you.  Ooo...kay.  It's not really molten, since it's not hot.  It's just gooey.

Still aimed at the book, he tries spells from a new page-

"Ristreabod!

((Haha, I didn't even notice I put the same word twice.  And I'll fix it so there's only one.  This is why I asked if I could even do more than one.  Gotta be consistent Mr./Ms. Toaster ;D ))

((I try to be, but I sometimes forget to double check everything.  That's why I need alert readers to spot mistakes!))

[Pot:1+1]  Nothing happens.  You swear the book is taunting you.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)
Dermonster:  Derm - South exit, Grand Room (1/5 Pool) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Steel)
Tiruin:  Myra - North exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - North exit, Magma Room  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - South exit, Grand Room  {On ground, burns on arms, several bleeding cuts on back} (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - Northeast side, Grand Room (1/3 Pool, Left leg is wooly leather)

By the way, if you hadn't noticed, the key here is (Magical effects, including pool) [Inventory] {Injuries} (Point Value).  If something's not there, there's nothing interesting to report- full pool, no inventory, uninjured, only worth one point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 23, 2013, 10:11:34 pm »

"A miss. And yet you are undefended and wounded. I believe the time has come."

Kill Tod dead.

((Wait, gooey metal isn't hot? What?))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:15:33 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 23, 2013, 10:35:14 pm »

{snip}
((Wait, gooey metal isn't hot? What?))
((It's just metal in the form of a goo, not molten metal.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:36:52 pm by Vakothu »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 23, 2013, 10:36:27 pm »

((Magic! Or he meant that it wasn't quite molten. Reasonable enough, given how malleable metals are even when solid.))

"...Interesting?"

Kiallum Abioutt
Zemonif Abioutt
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 23, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »

((Uh. No. If a metal is malleable enough to be 'gooey' its at least a few hundred degrees in celcius.

Magic shouldn't really be an excuse here but it's probably going to be.))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 23, 2013, 10:55:06 pm »

((To the first: There's a distinction between "gooey" and "liquid," which is what I was going for.

For the second, remember the solid lightning and the phantom images and the violation of thermodynamics and the cartilaginous tongues and stuff. Cold gooey iron is where you draw the line?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 23, 2013, 10:56:30 pm »

((Not being able to fire molten gold at will is where I draw the line.

But alas, the line is made of chalk and will be washed away by my tears. I don't really have a problem with this, but it does annoy me.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 23, 2013, 11:06:13 pm »

This is a magic game- physics takes a back seat here.

The gooey fire was hot because it was fire.  Assuming ice is an element, if you summoned gooey ice, it'd be cold.   And gooey.

Perhaps another combination of words will get you what you seek?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 23, 2013, 11:07:52 pm »

Probably magma.

I'll work it out eventually.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 24, 2013, 01:07:17 am »

In the meantime, you could always just add fire. What could possibly go wrong, right?
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 24, 2013, 02:25:44 am »

"A miss. And yet you are undefended and wounded. I believe the time has come."

"~Fortunately-for-you-somebody-actually-competent-decided-to-help.~"

Do things.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 24, 2013, 02:27:16 am »

(Can two or more people cast a spell so if bob and I casted a three part spell(Two parts mine, one part his) would it work?)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 24, 2013, 06:11:21 am »

(Can two or more people cast a spell so if bob and I casted a three part spell(Two parts mine, one part his) would it work?)
((That wouldn't work in Perplexicon, but I don't know if Toaster will handle it differently.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 24, 2013, 06:17:22 am »

((That wouldn't work in Perplexicon, but I don't know if Toaster will handle it differently.))
(That why I'm asking.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 198