Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378056 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

((What amuses me incredibly is that while Derek held the wand, nobody tried to take it, but he moment he gives it to Myra she gets mugged three times(?).  Also, still watching the chaos unfold from the spectators' seat.))
You died before i could really get any power. And is harder to kill two persons than to kill one.
I would have attacked later or sooner either ways. (If they didnt give it nicely to me)
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Either ways, what is your timezone?

EST.  (GMT -5)

Further actions!
"Come on, rely on your ludicrous magic. Fight me, coward!"
Did she drop the wand? If yes, take it and gently leave her in peace (If she doesnt corrode first)
Else follow her and Word. (PM Stuff)

[Derm Spd:1]
[Myra Spd:2+1]
[Alish Spd:5-1]

Myra stops to point the wand at Alish as she charges.  Alish closes the gap and gets her word out first.

[Alish Pot:1+1]  A tiny rift opens in the air, cracking open enough for a jet-black eye to look at them both.  It snaps shut with a hiss.  Myra gets her word out next.

[Myra Pot:4] A fair amount of water appears and splashes on Alish.  There's a bit of sizzle where the two liquids meet, but Alish doesn't deform or anything.  Myra runs toward the Grand Room again, with Alish behind- just in time to see Derm pop out and cast a spell.

[Derm Pot:6+1+1]  A rift forms in the air near Derm.  It cracks open, revealing a grotesque head that has eight eyes, three mouths, and countless claws, fangs, and horns.  The central mouth opens a tentacled maw and spits what appears to be a black gumball straight forward toward where Derm was facing.

[Myra Dex:2]  Myra barely sees it coming as it slams into her stomach.  As it impacts, it shatters and collapses inward on itself, beginning to suck inward at a frightful pace.  The burst right on top of her gives her no chance to resist.  Myra, along with the wand, are sucked into the black hole.

[Alish Str:4-1]
[Alish End:3-1]

Alish, despite being further back, did not see it coming.  She is thrown off her feet and dragged forward, leaving an oozing trail of acid behind her, but manages to avoid death.

Derm, for his part, ducks behind the wall back into the Grand Room as the singularity collapses with a thunderclap.  A single point of light goes into his chest.

[Myra is dead.  Derm gains one point.]

Secret words to join Derm's cool party!

You set out to cure yourself of dragon envy.

[Pot:2]  Your first attempt yields a shimmering image of an indistinguishable blob.

[Pot:5]  Your second attempt gives you a shimmering large carp.

[Pot:1]  And that's just a complete failure.

Possibly suicidal science time!  Say "Pumat Aidelifi Venes".

Meow meow.

[Pot:4+1]  A golden circle forms in the air, that opens into a rift.  Out of this rift, along with the sound of distant chanting, comes an arm bearing a gift- a pair of gauntlets whose fingers are long vicious claws.  The arm drops the gauntlets in front of you, then reaches back in as the rift snaps shut.

You examine the gauntlets.  They appear to be steel trimmed with gold, but something about them is obviously otherworldly.

GIVE US THE WORD DERM. I MUST HAVE A DRAGON SWORD.
Ollospon.
-seperate-
Oyestmesit

You also find yourself with dragon envy.

[Pot:5+1]  This results in a shimmering image of what appears to be a sabertooth tiger.  Yikes.

[Pot:3+1]  Another shimmering image.  It's ugly and scrawny, like a goblin or something.

Activate ley lines, examine, deactivate. Get abck on pony, and will some of its leathery body to turn into reins. Because why not.

You command the lines to activate, and they respond.  Your flesh hardens, sinks inward a bit, then forms jagged ridges.  Between these jagged ridges form arcs of electricity that flow along your body, as you turn wholly crystalline and electric.

Your pony- suddenly getting shocked and poked from above- bucks your ass off, and runs like hell west out of the spike room.  You sigh and deactivate the transformation, returning yourself to flesh.  You try to mentally reach out to the pony to zero effect.

Ocil spawns on the southeast ledge of the Grand Room.  He does his best to continue not to stand out.

Quote from: Players
Mastacheese:  Cromwell - North Side, Magma Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern  [Obsidian Greatsword]
Dermonster:  Derm - West exit, Grand Room  (1/5 Pool) {Face badly burned} [Steel spear with force-light head] (7)
Tsuchigumo550:  Algem - East Side, Magma Room
RathofSTS:  Ocil - Southeast Ledge, Grand Room
Vakothu:  Somnus - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Spike Room  (Ley lines covering body)
Sarzael:  Alish - South side, Cavern  (1/3 Pool, Body is greenish liquid)  {Leaking a bit of acid}

The OP is updated on a "when I get around to it" basis.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:05:49 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Pumat Ollospon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Point to pool.

"Hehehehehe. Oh yes. Hrm, what to do, what to do?"

Back to the north side. Be prepared to dodge anything incoming.

((Do I have full pool? I'm going to assume I have full pool.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:09:06 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((What are your other stats besides pool? Can't find them.

Also, Toaster. Wouldn't this be a good time to increase the number of active players by one or two? Seeing as Derm equals everyone else combined in sould, you know.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehehe.

Actually I want to see my stats too. I think I have one in everything but will, three in dex and pot, and six in pool.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((...Well, that was anticlimactic, but at least nobody has that wand. Water > acid = reaction :(

Ah well. good while playing, I guess.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

That is a bad assumption.  My fault- you should be at 1/5 (now 1/6, because the new point only increases maximum.)

Also, Toaster. Wouldn't this be a good time to increase the number of active players by one or two? Seeing as Derm equals everyone else combined in sould, you know.))

I'm not ready to increase the time requirement.

Hehehe.

Actually I want to see my stats too. I think I have one in everything but will, three in dex and pot, and six in pool.

I believe that's right, but I'd have to check the sheets I already closed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very well then.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put on the gauntlets and take a few swings at the air.  Then walk to the east side of the room and see if they can scratch the stone walls.
((That settles it, Pumat and, by association, Irros can indeed work as materials.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Ah, dang it, in that last picture of the Pit Tome I made, I put the words of page 8 on the spot for page 7...

Now I have to fix that, might as well make pages 6 - 9 while I'm at it...
Also I mis-spelled the runes at the top of page 7 anyway...

So many mistakes, so little time.

Point my finger at Tsuchigumo550, since he's in the same room as me and apparently not doing anything, and say a couple words to test something out.

"Now this won't hurt a bit, it's totally harmless. I Promise."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, finally in!
Inconspicuously run to the west side of the spike room.

Rough placement of players on the map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:49:05 pm by RathofSTS »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

((Did I forget to bold my words or something?))

Completely buried in reading the tome, Algem completely ignores the man pointing at her.

Rogran Ixiestell.

Maybe... that will result in something interesting?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Rough placement of players on the map.
Ah, thank you, this is nice.

EDIT: Ok, I got the pages fixed, page 7 is now correct, page 8 is in it's proper spot with the misspelling in the runes fixed, and page 9 has been added.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:33:38 pm by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile

Activate ley lines, and do Actions! (Ill pm soon)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 198