Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378027 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Theres also the fact that I failed all of my spells about four times in a row so who knows if I just didn't get the chance?

"Officer, I didn't kill that man!  I was too busy trying to kill these other people!"

Actions! Research!

Stupid jerks, offing themselves before you could steal the power in their souls.

[Pot:6+1]  A colorless glow envelops your head, then fades into nothingness.

[Pot:4+1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:4+1]  A shimmering image appears before you, of a scaly winged drake.  It fades into nothingness.

[Pot:3+1]  Another shimmering image.  This one is small, has four pawed legs, pointy ears, and a long tail.

[Pot:3+1]  Yet another image, this of a larger cloven-hooved animal with what looks like an udder.

Attempt to touch her eyes, nose inside, ear inside, and mouth inside when possible. Do not let her say words. Hug harder so that she doesnt escape.
You know this all can be fixed peacefully Tiruin.

Overdrive one strenght point.

If she manages to get away, Words pointing at her.
Dissociate evil pH monster.

Meaning USE THIS DAMN BOOK TO SHOVE IT AWAY, AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.

Stab that wand into that thing.

[Alish Spd:1-1]
[Myra Spd:3+1]

[Myra Str:5]
[Alish Str:4]

[Myra Dex:5]
[Alish Dex:5-1]

[Myra Str:1]

Myra manages to break Alish's grip and escape the grapple.  Myra gently pokes Alish with the wand tip, then yells some magic.

[Myra Pot:4]
[Alish End:3]

A small burst of fire erupts around Alish.  She isn't terribly affected, but it does give Myra a chance to run.  Alish faces her, snarls, and shouts her own magic.

[Alish Pot:2+1]
[Myra Dex:6]

A small bolt of electricity shoots lazily forward which Myra easily dodges as she runs across the cavern.  Myra notes that the wand appears totally unaffected by the acid.  Also, she notes her clothes are mostly corroded off, with only undergarments preserving any modesty.

"I WANT THAT WAND!" screams Alish at the retreating figure.

Wield the obsidian claymore. Say Duablam Wighthill.

It's heavy, but you can use it.

[Pot:4+1]  An obsidian heater shield appears before you and falls to the ground.  It looks well made.

Myxida Enlastax! how about I don't kill myself today mmkay

Oyestmesit Ollospon!

Man, that was almost a hell of a random first word.

[Pot:5]  A shimmering image appears before you of a human-sized figure.  Uh... well... you know catgirls?  Well, this is unquestionably a catorc.  It's tall, muscular, and ugly like you expect it to be, but it's also got whiskers, cat ears, cat hands and feet, and a long tail.

It fades away before you can decide if it's kawaii or not.

Turn the pony back, and take him to the grand room, while still doing actions!

He's not interested in turning.  Damn it- if only you had some reins or something.

[Pot:5]  Magical ley lines flow out and cover your entire body.  They settle in, and appear ready for your control.

Say "Venes", "Okablex", and a PM word

You say more random magical words.

[Pot:4+1]  This gives you a nice shimmering image of a pair of gauntlets.

[Pot:5+1]  This one is a pair of full-length boots.

[Pot:3+1]  And this last one is a shimmering image of something that is small, has four pawed legs, pointy ears, and a long tail.

If I'm not attacked, perform secret spell!(Go ahead and reveal any spells I cast upon turn updates.)
If I am attacked then RRRAGAGHAGHAG spell!

That other guy just ignores you, so secret spells ahoy!

[Pot:2]  A shimmering blob appears before you.  Blobby.  It's probably supposed to be something, but there's hardly any detail at all.

You then realize you only have the magical capacity to utilize three words a turn, so you can't cast the second spell.

Quote from: Players
Mastacheese:  Cromwell - North Side, Magma Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern  [Obsidian Greatsword]
Dermonster:  Derm - North Ledge, Grand Room  (Pot Focus) {Face badly burned} [Steel spear with force-light head] (6)
Tsuchigumo550:  Algem - East Side, Magma Room
Tiruin:  Myra - Center, Cavern [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]  {Left arm is gone, feeling faint, clothes soaked in acid and dissolving}
Vakothu:  Somnus - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Spike Room  (Ley lines covering body) [Riding leathery pony]
Sarzael:  Alish - South side, Cavern  (1/3 Pool, Body is greenish liquid)

Sorry for the lateness.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

BITCHES I FOUND THE WORD FOR DRAGON.

Where's control? Gimme control. I neeeeeed control.

"Oh hells the fuck yes. I need me some of that."

Further actions!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:26:24 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

BITCHES I FOUND THE WORD FOR DRAGON.
I WILL FIND OUT

Secret words to join Derm's cool party!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Dammit derm, why can't you share at least that one word?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Possibly suicidal science time!  Say "Pumat Aidelifi Venes".
PM word was Ollospon, which means cat.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

GIVE US THE WORD DERM. I MUST HAVE A DRAGON SWORD.
Ollospon.
-seperate-
Oyestmesit

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm going to do one try to see if I can get it, in secret, and consider releasing it to the public at a later date, but if I fail I'll do some different tests.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:40:41 am by mastahcheese »
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Also, she notes her clothes are mostly corroded off, with only undergarments preserving any modesty.
Bloody great. I know only little enough to turn into magic, and now I'm..

Ugh. Damned monsters. I need to test out more words..but it seems impossible. This is impossible. Science doesn't even have free reign here, and there's no raw material I can use unless I could somehow transmute things.

Which is..argh.

"Blasted place. If this isn't the nine circles of Hell, then it's just surely a pit all down.

"You're one of the worst, damned scum. If you want this wand, you could've just ASKED. But you had to harm me.

"You sick, atrocious creature. Do you like degrading others like that? Huh?"

((I do note you forgot to update it and say whether my clothes are still dissolving or not >_> Because that's quite an annoying fantasy acid you've got there.))

"Come on, rely on your ludicrous magic. Fight me, coward!"

((I had this feeling since halfway--those with lesser points in word power are at a huge disadvantage. Bluh bluh >_>))

Let's see..if my inferences, then the pages all have similar words. I wonder what else is similar to fire? Asphyxiation? Combustion? Well, one way to find out.

Also, metagaming. Love that note here. :/

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to your character info it says that they are still dissolving.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

According to your character info it says that they are still dissolving.
(("'Fantasy' acid". <Profanity>.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((I had this feeling since halfway--those with lesser points in word power are at a huge disadvantage. Bluh bluh >_>))
((That's actually not true. You just have to play very aggressively in the beginning, and quickly upgrade the power post-creation. Playing possum... not a good long-term strategy.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Derm. Derm.

Just start combining multiple animal words with flesh. Create the worst crimes against nature possible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suggested a nunchuk-deer.
The Derail Thread

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Or a Cat-Dragon prism.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile

Activate ley lines, examine, deactivate. Get abck on pony, and will some of its leathery body to turn into reins. Because why not.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 198