Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378371 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

Actions!

Dang Derm, it was mine, i almost had killed it D: And you also destroyed the wand.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 03:09:30 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((...Now that came off as insulting XD))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

((...Now that came off as insulting XD))
I dont think you can destroy the wand so easily, if its an unique item... Atleast i hope so. You cant destroy the book :P And i have got an idea about how to possibly get it back...
Or, if its not possible to get it back, i have a plan B... But i need souls. Hundreds of them... THOUSANDS OF THEM... More like ten of them. (Spawn Hug mode Activate!)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:55:15 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

Huh, I look away for a mere day or three and NEXMINUTE. Pages, Many many pages of turnFun.

BTW? I think I've found my inspiration. @PW, you, as bob the DM. You, as the local of a war between LIGHT AND DARK ITSELF!THE WAR OF THE AGES ACROSS YOUR SCREAMING FORM!A FURY TO SMITE THE BARRIERS BETWEEN WORlds.

*cough*

Not tonight, and tomorrow I have work 4 uni that needs doing, BUT SOON.

W(*0*)W
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

What?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Pumat Ollospon.

Ignoring the murder happening near you, you work some more magic.

[Pot:4+1]  A golden circle inscribes itself in the air before you, then snaps open into a rift in reality.  Out of this rift, amid a golden glow, steps forth a majestic lion.  Its fur and mane appears to be woven from golden thread.  Its claws are shining steel, and its teeth sharpened pearl.  Its most striking feature, though, is its eyes- solid gold pupilless orbs.  It strides forth and looks at you as the rift behind it shuts almost completely.  It's hard to see, but there is a golden thread trailing behind the lion leading toward the rift.

The lion walks purposely toward you and stares you down.  It sniffs you for a second before grunting and turning its head.  It walks around, smelling the air.  The lion then turns toward Alish, lets loose an otherworldly echoing roar, and charges.

Back to the north side. Be prepared to dodge anything incoming.

You giggle in murderish delight before running off to the north of the grand room.

Put on the gauntlets and take a few swings at the air.  Then walk to the east side of the room and see if they can scratch the stone walls.

You grab the gauntlets and put them on.  Immediately, you feel a surge of energy from them running into your flesh, and your body and mind are assaulted.

[End:2-1]  You feel the gauntlets binding themselves to you, and your mind is filled with strange, alien thoughts.  The effects drop you to your knees, and your mind is clouded.

You don't have the presence of mind to be able to do anything further, but you do notice that when you fell, the stone floor was scratched a bit- perhaps just a bit more than you'd expect steel claws to scratch stone.  You're not Wolverine or anything, though.

Point my finger at Tsuchigumo550, since he's in the same room as me and apparently not doing anything, and say a couple words to test something out.

You point your finger at the girl with the vacant expression and say your words.

[Pot:2]  You feel a tiny bit of magical energy trying to do something, but nothing happens.  Shrugging, you try something else.

[Pot:4]  You turn your head just in time to see the air behind you waver a bit.

Inconspicuously run to the west side of the spike room.

You run with your head down and successfully get to the west of the spike room, past the unhorsed man.

((Did I forget to bold my words or something?))

Rogran Ixiestell.

I looked three times for an action from you and never saw it.

[Pot:5]  A glob of liquid appears before you and splats to the ground.  Uh... if you didn't know any better, you would say that was liquid cloth.

Activate ley lines, and do Actions! (Ill pm soon)

You go back to your crystal form.  You continually fail to mentally contact the pony- you're pretty sure that is never going to work unless something changes.  Shrugging, you face the wall and point your hand at it.

[Pot:1]  A crystal spear appears in the air before you, hovers for a second- and shoots straight back into you.

[End:1-1]  Well, the point of it doesn't hurt, but the impact is enough to knock you flat on your back.  You crack your head on the stone, hearing a crystalline crack as you black out.

Actions!

Well, the wand is gone, and Derm ducked away, so perhaps running away from that charging golden lion that that one fellow summoned would be a good plan?

[Lion Spd:2]
[Alish Spd:3]

It gets off to a sluggish start, so you are able to outpace it for now as you run into the magma room past one of the two occupants.

Quote from: Players
Mastacheese:  Cromwell - North Side, Magma Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern  [Obsidian Greatsword]
Dermonster:  Derm - North edge, Grand Room  (6/6 Pool) {Face badly burned} [Steel spear with force-light head] (7)
Tsuchigumo550:  Algem - East Side, Magma Room
RathofSTS:  Ocil - West side, Spike Room
Vakothu:  Somnus - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit  [Hallowed Golden Claws]
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Spike Room  (Crystal-Electric Form)  {Unconscious, cracked skull}
Sarzael:  Alish - Northeast Side, Magma Room  (2/3 Pool, Body is acid)  {Leaking a bit of acid}
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:35:39 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile

Get up n shit.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

You messed up my pool total.

"Well now, this is going to be fun."

Actions!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

You messed up my pool total.

That I did.  It's now correctly 6/6.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Onward!

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

Actions!

Gamelord, control your cat, or i will have a looong talk with you after im done with it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:36:24 pm by Sarzael »

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try to clear my mind.  If that is successful, attempt to gain control over the alien thoughts.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

((It's probable I thought I posted it and never did, didn't mean that as a "OH MY GOD YOU MISSED SOMETHING YOU BAD MAN".))

"H-huh? Hey. You there. Stop pointing at me, don't you know it's rude? N-not that I could feasibly STOP you from doing that, as the only thing I know how to do with this book is make liquid clothing and hit things. So, uhh, don't make me hit you with a book kinda-almost hard enough to cause discomfort."

The man successfully dealt with, continue studying.

Yograditc Tepsy?

After observing the results, if not injured, dead, or otherwise preoccupied, turn attention back to the man, and wave the tome around in a barely threatening manner.

Spoiler: Found it (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:04:16 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Since that person is now annoyed at me pointed at them, point at the new person in the room and try my first two words again.
Really need to figure this out...

Then say Dolik in a Doctor Who accent.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((It's probable I thought I posted it and never did, didn't mean that as a "OH MY GOD YOU MISSED SOMETHING YOU BAD MAN".))

Spoiler: Found it (click to show/hide)

Oh hey, I did do you.  Three turns back
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 198