Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376841 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I wrote the whole turn, then realized Sarzael tried to cast a three word spell with two pool.  I sent a PM for clarification, but no turn until that's fixed, since he's got a lion trying to murder him and stuff.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

Welp sorry. I though i would regenerate one pool.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Wow. Just insanity.

Wordlist updated.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Welp sorry. I though i would regenerate one pool.

You did- you went from 1/3 to 2/3.

Get up n shit.

Nope, you're out for the count.  You'll wake up at the end of this turn, as long as no one murders you or anything.  </foreshadowing>

Actions!

Your murder sense a-tingling, you head off to the spike room to off that poor unconscious dude.  You stand over him and thrust mightily with your spear.

[Derm Str:6]
[Dave End:6]

You thrust mightly, all right.  You don't seem to burn him any, but his head is smashed back into the ground by the blow.  However, you strong thrust does get the metal close enough to the body to create an arc.

[Derm End:1]  You are blasted backwards flat on your back, shocked unconscious.

Onward!
Try to clear my mind.  If that is successful, attempt to gain control over the alien thoughts.

You focus on clearing your mind, but you cannot block them out completely.  They are there, ever urging you onward, pushing an alien desire.  It feels sort of like... retribution?

[Rath Dex:3+1]
[Somnus Dex:1]

[Rath Str:3+1]
[Somnus Str:5]

Then an angry muscular man charges in and attempts to shove you off the bridge.  He is close to successful, as you're pushed up to the edge.  The claws come up to counterattack, half of your will and seemingly half not.

[Somnus Dex:4]
[Rath Dex:4+1]

[Somnus Str:4]
[Rath End:6-1]

Rath is able to see them coming and avoid the brunt of the blow, only suffering minor scratches.  He's still grappling you, though.

Actions!

BAD KITTY

[Alish Spd:5-1]
[Lion Spd:2]

You continue to run, still able to outpace the lion.  It keeps up, ignoring everyone else you pass as you run across the bridge.

Suddenly, the lion is sucked backwards.  It flies out of the room and back into the portal from whence it came, which snaps shut and disappears. 

Yograditc Tepsy?

After observing the results, if not injured, dead, or otherwise preoccupied, turn attention back to the man, and wave the tome around in a barely threatening manner.

You posture and attempt to appear menacing.

[Pot:6]  Magical ley lines appear around your left arm.  They shake, shimmer, and burst with energy, but it appears that the magic spent itself and did nothing, as far as you can tell.

Since that person is now annoyed at me pointed at them, point at the new person in the room and try my first two words again.
Really need to figure this out...

Then say Dolik in a Doctor Who accent.

You make the brilliant decision to point magic at the acid woman as she runs from a golden murder lion.

[Pot:3]  Magical ley lines try to form around your body, but they fizzle out.  Looks like that combination just doesn't work.

Shrugging, you try your other word in your bad accent.

[Pot:6]  The air to your right wavers and shakes.

Algem and Cromwell hear a thunk from the center of the room.  On the ornate table sits a wand, shaking slowly to a stop.  Where did that come from?

Dave wakes up, feeling dazed.  You'd almost swear you got hit again when you were out.

Quote from: Players
Mastacheese:  Cromwell - North Side, Magma Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern  [Obsidian Greatsword]
Dermonster:  Derm - Center, Spike Room  (6/6 Pool) {Face badly burned, Unconscious} [Steel spear with force-light head] (7)
Tsuchigumo550:  Algem - East Side, Magma Room
RathofSTS:  Ocil - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit
Vakothu:  Somnus - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit  [Hallowed Golden Claws]
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Spike Room  (Crystal-Electric Form)  {Cracked skull, dazed}
Sarzael:  Alish - West Side, Spike Room  (3/3 Pool, Body is acid)  {Leaking a bit of acid}
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"..."

Actions.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity, when are you going to update the memories of the fallen?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Toast, next time can you PM me if I don't send in an action?
Tepsy Ollospon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Toast, next time can you PM me if I don't send in an action?
Tepsy Ollospon.

I don't require all actions to be in if to run a turn, so I typically am not looking for missing people as long as the requirements are met.  (Requirements being at least 5 of 8 players, including everyone currently involved in combat.)

Out of curiosity, when are you going to update the memories of the fallen?

Much like the OP, this is updated on "when I get around to it."  I'll try to do it soon.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

Actions!

Sorry for PMing you three times Toaster. Should read the whole post rather than my part before doing actions.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:34:29 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

It's all good- you're not the first.  I'm sure everyone has 142 pages of PMs in their inbox, right?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [In which the wait list is shortened]
« Reply #1000 on: August 13, 2013, 10:36:19 am »

It's all good- you're not the first.  I'm sure everyone has 142 pages of PMs in their inbox, right?
Blame forums for not letting edit PMs.

Also i got 5 pages about PoM and im not GM.

Also, mastahcheese, point at ground or ill feed you... To the eyes and tentacles of the Zentol Dimension.

Also, post number 1000 :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:54:54 am by Sarzael »

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 13, 2013, 11:25:10 am »

Get up quickly, look around, then notice quickly: 1. I got hit again somehow, 1. There's a man unconscious next to me, with a spear?.

Point hand at derm, and do the same spear launching spell as last time. If unsucessful in murdering him, use his own spear to kill him, unless mines better.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:08:49 pm by DaveTheGrave »

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 13, 2013, 11:27:59 am »

Push him off the edge.

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:35:05 am by RathofSTS »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 13, 2013, 11:29:01 am »

"T-that was almost cool..."

Sienit Zibr.

((I assume non-combat pool fully regens or something? By my calculations I'd have 2 right now, so...))

If I have the pool left over for it, Macenes Tepsy.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 13, 2013, 11:33:22 am »

((I assume non-combat pool fully regens or something? By my calculations I'd have 2 right now, so...))

Yep.  1 per turn otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 198