Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378035 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1410 on: August 26, 2013, 02:59:50 pm »

"Ah, I think I see how to fix this."
Say words while thinking of a crossbow that shoots forward acid:
"Josionp Pame Enur Cybea."
Have you tried using the fire-forward word? The nice thing is, you'll know instantly if that succeeds, because if it doesn't you'll have a crossprojectile.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1411 on: August 26, 2013, 03:00:48 pm »

I love how my character died by the way.

I'm so glad I did that.

Terence will always be remembered as the crazy spellcaster who used nine word superspells.
And then got eaten by them.
Bob beated you, he also died almost exactly same way. Piecewise will always be the first, you will just be remembered as a dude who tried to copy him... MOAHAHAHAHAAH!

Have you tried using the fire-forward word? The nice thing is, you'll know instantly if that succeeds, because if it doesn't you'll have a crossprojectile.
Pretty sure he either needs the Clockwork word or the Machine word. Neither of them are public.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 26, 2013, 03:19:45 pm »

Pretty sure he either needs the Clockwork word or the Machine word. Neither of them are public.
That's not what he wants. He wants a crossbow that fires acid.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 26, 2013, 03:30:41 pm »

I think that h needs the "containing" word.

Still, that won't help, as a crossbow fires using a string, and you know, firing liquids is way different than firing objects.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 26, 2013, 03:45:05 pm »

I can make acid arrows.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1415 on: August 26, 2013, 03:48:45 pm »

I can make acid arrows.
Everyone can.

Clockwork word could be used to fire stuff such as electricity, not electricity arrows, just electricity, and so Machine can too. Null used the Machine word to make a Arcane Beam Turret.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 26, 2013, 04:23:10 pm »

Action Time!

I have so many plans man you don't even know.
I plan to kill you as soon as you spawn.

((Sarazael trying to oust dermonster out of his rank, shit is hyped.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 26, 2013, 04:26:31 pm »

That's it. I can Dragon. Making new character.

Also, I find it funny how you also accidentally shot a chunk of crystal at me earlier.

You die first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1418 on: August 26, 2013, 04:40:08 pm »

That's it. I can Dragon. Making new character.

Also, I find it funny how you also accidentally shot a chunk of crystal at me earlier.

You die first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Actually i used word for nearbiest person both times, first unknowingly, this time triying to get Ocil.
Also i knew dragon word since long ago.
And the dragon part didnt help you agaisnt my storm.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 26, 2013, 06:42:18 pm »

PM.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 26, 2013, 08:10:50 pm »

You're in!
You're in!
You're in!
Oh HELL YEA.

"So, I think you will fin... AW HELL NO! NOT AGAIN DAMNIT!"

Teleport mid sentence. How rude he thought.

"[expletive redacted]. *sigh* Preparation, science and murder I suppose. Lets start with some prep."

Opening the grimore once more, he is dejected to find his work set so far back, this book seems... different, and vandalized. Badly. Fortunately some words have already been filled in, with a note about something "meta". ((FYI, I've just taken a few spells said openly from the start of the game to get me started a little faster. I know some don't like this kind of thing but each to their own I suppose eh?))

"Pioncale Josionp Jupedem"
((If possible, focus on making this form utilize the "Jupedem" to enhance my survivability. Given that things tend to take multiple forms and appear in different ways in this gam-wait-what, do you think this should be possible? Small changes to the possible outcomes of a spell? Favoring one possibility over another?))
((Yet more OOC, Derm, please chillax over my public word use here, all of these words have been used publicly and in at least one famous situation. I do plan to PM words later, but for this turn? Nope))

Also take the time to position myself on the spike room side of the bottomless pit, standing on the bridge makes me a little nervous. I should have drawn a chair in!

((I'm unlikely to just attack you randomly, unless you are to dangerous to be allowed to live and conveniently near me. Do not misunderstand. I find souls very tasty indeed. If you have peaceful intentions, act by them, if not... be vary careful indeed ;D)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:15:07 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1421 on: August 27, 2013, 02:05:11 am »

You should do Pioncale Josionp Pumat.
And come to cavern! Is safer there, so far no one died there while three died outside!

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 27, 2013, 03:15:35 am »

I think next turn is takign so long becuase of death.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1423 on: August 27, 2013, 05:01:06 am »

Since a few turns they re coming at around 5-6 PM of Spanish time. Earlier on the always came out at 7-8 AM, while i was sleeping.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 27, 2013, 05:10:25 am »

Midn telling me what spanish time is? Im not familiar with this timezone
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 198