Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378013 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1425 on: August 27, 2013, 05:12:08 am »

Midn telling me what spanish time is? Im not familiar with this timezone
12:11(To 13:11) right now.
Also Draco should be ´´Covered in water``.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:41:46 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 27, 2013, 06:55:44 am »

Actually, I doubt I would be (incorporeal)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 27, 2013, 08:48:35 am »

I just noticed Xantalos hasn't logged on to the forum in five days.  If he doesn't reappear by next turn, he'll get sucked back into the waitlist in AWOL status and the next person will get in.

I have been reminded he said he'd be out for ten days.  As such, Angle's now in in his place, and Xan will hover at the top of the waitlist until his return.

Wait what? MASTAHCHEESE? Well, that wasnt my plan... Wow. Soul to channeling. Actions!.
Point hand at lionbat, repeat actions, and put the helmet on and shit!
Actions!
Action Time!
PM.

[Alish Spd:5-1]
[Dave Spd:6]
[Danath Spd:2]
[Andy Spd:3-1]
[Ocil Spd:3+1]
[Lionbat Spd:6]

[Lionbat End:2]  The lionbat stops, staggered, and appears to be catching its breath, or whatever it is horrible magma beasts do when they're winded.  Or lavaed, or rocked  No one is sure.

Meanwhile, Dave gets ready to cast another spell, then remembers his pool his nearly empty.  He shrugs, faces Alish, spear forward, and says a single word.

[Dave Pot:4+1]  A glimmering bit of nothing shoots straight forward.  Nope, that doesn't work.

Alish goes for Ocil as Ocil jumps up and goes for Dave.  Alish is closer.

[Alish Dex:2-1]
[Ocil Dex:4+1]

She also misses by a mile.  Ocil is too busy to go for the obvious counterattack attempt.

[Ocil Dex:5+1]
[Dave Dex:6]

[Ocil Str:6+1]
[Dave Str:2+1]

With a gargantuan effort, Ocil shoves Dave over, who topples with a mighty crash.

[Ocil Dex:5+1]
[Dave Dex:5]

[Ocil Str:1+1]
[Dave Str:1+1]

Ocil knocks Dave's helmet loose- he can't quite get it off, but it's not on right and over his eyes.

Andy is quite surprised to find Ocil left him to move on to the next target.  He starts crawling that way when Danath launches his spell.

[Danath Pot:2+1]  A cute baby magma drakeling appears.  Somehow, your urge to laugh manically is drained.

It looks around confused for a minute, then begins sniffing the ground.

Say words while thinking of a crossbow that shoots forward acid:
"Josionp Pame Enur Cybea."

Let's try it this way

[Pot:6+1]  A huge crossbow, steel shot through with a greenish liquid, appears and hovers before you for a second, then rockets straight forward into the wall.

Nope, not that way.

"Pioncale Josionp Jupedem"
((If possible, focus on making this form utilize the "Jupedem" to enhance my survivability. Given that things tend to take multiple forms and appear in different ways in this gam-wait-what, do you think this should be possible? Small changes to the possible outcomes of a spell? Favoring one possibility over another?))
((Yet more OOC, Derm, please chillax over my public word use here, all of these words have been used publicly and in at least one famous situation. I do plan to PM words later, but for this turn? Nope))

Also take the time to position myself on the spike room side of the bottomless pit, standing on the bridge makes me a little nervous. I should have drawn a chair in!

You wander over to the side of the bridge, and ready your spell.

[Pot:4+1]  Magical ley lines form, crisscrossing your body.  They form, join together, and settle in to your body.  They look firm and controlled.

Quote from: Players
Angle: Joseph - Center, Grand Room
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East side, Bottomless Pit (Ley lines covering whole body)
Draco1234:  Danath - Pool Beach, Cavern  (1/4 Pool, Bronze form) (2)
Nahere: Nahere - Center, Spike Room (Steel body)
RathofSTS:  Ocil - South of Center, Cavern (2) {Nose is broken, on Dave}
TCM:  Andy Ravage - Center, Cavern  {On ground, right upper leg is broken}
DaveTheGrave: Dave - South of Center, Cavern  (3/6 Pool, Crystal-Electric Form)  [Obsidian helmet, chestplate, and legplates  (Helmet crooked),  Force-light steel spear]  {Cracked skull}  (10)
Sarzael:  Alish - South of Center, Cavern  (2/4 Pool, Body is arcane energy) [Wand] (2)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:51:48 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1428 on: August 27, 2013, 08:53:01 am »

... Dave...

Move out!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 27, 2013, 08:53:07 am »

Fix helmet with one hand while actionsing with the other!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1430 on: August 27, 2013, 08:58:12 am »

Why does it still say i have 2/3 Pool? Shouldnt it be 2/4?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 27, 2013, 08:59:22 am »

Note to Players:

Helpful Correspondent La has reminded me that Xan said he'd be away for 10 days or so.   As such, I'll put him back on the waitlist and let Angle come out and play.  So Xantalos is now Angle.

Sarzael:  Yes it should.  Fixing that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1432 on: August 27, 2013, 09:45:13 am »

Wait, bigfoot, you re allied with Derm? YOU MUST DIE!

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 27, 2013, 09:49:02 am »

Derm msut not be allowed to surface again, I'll kill him with his own spear if it comes to it. For the second time!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1434 on: August 27, 2013, 09:51:02 am »

I live! Joseph runs into a corner and begins flipping through his book. "Words, words, words... at least some them have notes next to them.  Let's see here..."

Actions.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1435 on: August 27, 2013, 10:07:52 am »

Derm msut not be allowed to surface again, I'll kill him with his own spear if it comes to it. For the second time!
Agreed.

I live! Joseph runs into a corner and begins flipping through his book. "Words, words, words... at least some them have notes next to them.  Let's see here..."

Actions.
I see stopping your players from using the advantage of knowledge beforehand doesnt stop you of doing it :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:25 am »

God dammit, people.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:48 am »

Come on! We just need a black hole south of center and a couple murders, and SCIENCE MAN! will be able to SCIENCE! everyone into a new age of knowledge!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 27, 2013, 10:09:13 am »

God dammit, people.
DON'T WORRY DERM I SHALL NOT ATTEMPT TO DEVOUR YOUR SOUL SOMETIMES

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 27, 2013, 10:12:18 am »

Yes because the game is extroardinarily fun when everyone plans to murder my ass the second I spawn after a month long wait.

Sometimes I think this game is too popular.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 198