Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378083 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1485 on: August 27, 2013, 05:04:52 pm »

Not really. And yes, doing this puts you in danger.
Also ill kill you because since it seems im the King of the Pit, ill do what i please, and that includes killing you, hopefully, in a horrible manner.
When someone accuses you of trying to take over an otherwise fun game, the typical response is to prove the accuser wrong or promise not to do so, not to prove him right.
And you know what? You're not immortal. Perhaps you'll recall a certain French king, late 18th century? Granted, his death was followed by a time of chaos, another couple kings, and another couple revolutions, but that was because the French had to govern France. Anyways, that didn't help the old King feel better, so watch out or you'll get killed by some black holes.

((No, I'm not in the game at all. I just agree with the sentiment.
Well, thanks for the moral support. I suppose the AMPAK will only be two for now.

It's actually much better for the game this way. An alliance of weaker mages just needs enough people to shout "propel blackhole" at the overbuffed self-imposed kings-of-the-pit to get positive results.))
I'm glad you agree with our mission. We're not really weaker, though; it's more like if the US told North Korea (and incidentally Canada, Australia, European nations, etc) how to make all of its fun high-tech weapons.

But, isnt that the point of the game? Killing all you can? Except if they re your allies.
Which is why we are killing you.

It's actually much better for the game this way. An alliance of weaker mages just needs enough people to shout "propel blackhole" at the overbuffed self-imposed kings-of-the-pit to get positive results.))
Not really. I know quite a few ways to be safe from blackholes.
Like what, lucky Str rolls?

Which is my apparent fate since everyone seems to have it out for me.

I'm legitimately worried that I'll only have one or two turns before said 'seven vs one' and I won't be able to do anything.
Well, you have my word that if you don't indiscriminately murder tons of people, I won't even lift a...syllable?...to oppose you.

Also, I am really hoping for Sazrael's death right now.
((I'm willing to wait until SCIENCE MAN! can do the honors, given how much he's wanted to kill me. Not that I have any choice, nor would I complain if I couldn't.))

Also, i dont find this boring.
You're not the one being killed by knowledge monopolists, are you?

Still killing GWG for own reasons, though.
And i wont deliberately target scientists as victims on battle (may do at random) unless they somehow bother me.
Explain, please.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 27, 2013, 05:27:17 pm »

Which is my apparent fate since everyone seems to have it out for me.

I'm legitimately worried that I'll only have one or two turns before said 'seven vs one' and I won't be able to do anything.
Well, you have my word that if you don't indiscriminately murder tons of people, I won't even lift a...syllable?...to oppose you.

I still have two or three people on my hit list. You can guess who. If anyone gets to one specific one before I do I'll go after them.

Otherwise I'll just sit in a corner for a while.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 27, 2013, 05:42:46 pm »

((Guys, great idea; why don't we team up and all just kill Alish? We can go back to murdering each other afterwards.

My justification is God Complex. If you're equal to everyone else but start going around putting marks on everyone like Il Duce, you're going to end like...well, Il Duce. Look at Derm, the chaos wizard is now being zoned on by a bunch of people. Not putting my opinion on this one, but yeah, that's what happens. I think anyone clowning like that deserves to get taken out by a temporary alliance en masse, it's not just a protection thing but a judicial and moral prospect. Case in point: Every movie/T.V. Show/Book/Game/whatever with someone attempting to control a hierarchy or hierarchy-esque system during a power struggle.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 27, 2013, 05:56:54 pm »

((Someone should really turn this game into a King of the Hill type thing.

Or Capture the Flag...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 27, 2013, 06:01:16 pm »

((Someone should really turn this game into a King of the Hill type thing.

Or Capture the Flag...))
((Who says we can't? We make a candy ball, and the winner is whoever eats it. Do you like the idea?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 27, 2013, 06:08:19 pm »

((I mean officially.

Actually, it's fairly easy to do, the KoH at least. Whoever has the wand is King, and gets a point for every turn of possession.
Which means everybody should probably turn their attention towards murderifying Alish, lest she gain the first KoH point of the game.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 27, 2013, 06:21:08 pm »

((I mean officially.

Actually, it's fairly easy to do, the KoH at least. Whoever has the wand is King, and gets a point for every turn of possession.
Which means everybody should probably turn their attention towards murderifying Alish, lest she gain the first KoH point of the game.))
((Are you sure you don't want to take it to "Publishing the Perplexicon" thread. Seems a better avenue for interesting ideas than Toaster's game. At least... it doesn't derail the game that way.))

((Guys, great idea; why don't we team up and all just kill Alish? We can go back to murdering each other afterwards.

My justification is God Complex. If you're equal to everyone else but start going around putting marks on everyone like Il Duce, you're going to end like...well, Il Duce. Look at Derm, the chaos wizard is now being zoned on by a bunch of people. Not putting my opinion on this one, but yeah, that's what happens. I think anyone clowning like that deserves to get taken out by a temporary alliance en masse, it's not just a protection thing but a judicial and moral prospect. Case in point: Every movie/T.V. Show/Book/Game/whatever with someone attempting to control a hierarchy or hierarchy-esque system during a power struggle.))
((See? Exactly what I'm talking about! TCM is being very reasonable here. The rest of you (Especially Dave) should stop attacking each other for a moment, and bond over a common enemy. (And then fight over the wand, he he he.)))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 27, 2013, 06:35:35 pm »

Action Time!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 27, 2013, 06:58:32 pm »

TCM is being very reasonable here.
While the source and the precise conclusion are questionable, the logic is good. Teaming up against a common foe is an excellent strategy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 27, 2013, 07:02:01 pm »

PM.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 27, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

I probably will do the endgame thing I mentioned earlier (once someone hits max souls no one spawns in- if the max soul person kills everyone else they win, otherwise we resume spawning), except the proposed max (fifty) is probably a wee bit high.  What do you think is better?  Thirty to trigger endgame?  Forty?  A different endgame altogether?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 27, 2013, 10:42:52 pm »

Well, there seems to be an argument brewing... what to do, what to do... IGNORE IT! AHA! GENIUS!
((But honestly guys? I'm kinda a little unnerved. Can't we all just be friends? In this death-match? Guys?))
Well, I think it is time for words of magic, don't you?

ACTIVATE DA LEY LINES!

Spoiler: Here be my words (click to show/hide)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 27, 2013, 10:54:34 pm »

I probably will do the endgame thing I mentioned earlier (once someone hits max souls no one spawns in- if the max soul person kills everyone else they win, otherwise we resume spawning), except the proposed max (fifty) is probably a wee bit high.  What do you think is better?  Thirty to trigger endgame?  Forty?  A different endgame altogether?

By the time someone gets around 40 or so, won't they have so many stats they'll easily be able to counter and decimate everyone else easily?

I was thinking, what if at a certain number of points, say, 20, the character can transport to another arena to face a final boss NPC thats incredibly tough, and whoever is able to kill it becomes the winner?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1498 on: August 28, 2013, 02:57:10 am »

By the time someone gets around 40 or so, won't they have so many stats they'll easily be able to counter and decimate everyone else easily?

I was thinking, what if at a certain number of points, say, 20, the character can transport to another arena to face a final boss NPC thats incredibly tough, and whoever is able to kill it becomes the winner?
So basically, Null. Also, there are atleast two ways to shut a blackhole down without strenght rolls, but only one of them is public right now. I guess you dont realize what is it, though.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:58:46 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 28, 2013, 02:58:54 am »

So basically, Null.
((Presumably without him tripping over his own shoelaces...
...He's going to trip over his opponent's shoelaces isn't he?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 198