Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378136 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2175 on: September 24, 2013, 12:17:49 pm »

Clair, after a long period of playing with the wind puppy, suddenly jumps to her feet.  "Wind Puppy, I love you!  Let us leave this place, together!"  The puppy yips happily.  The two of them run to the pit room.  They jump into the air, Clair grabbing the puppy around the waist, and the two of them fly out over the pit together.

Clair has left the game!

Wilbur Wilson Deerkill pops into existence in the Spike Room.  He doffs his top hat at the apparently docile giant steel moose that's in there with him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: September 24, 2013, 01:44:31 pm »

"Hehe. Soon."

More stuffs!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: September 24, 2013, 02:12:31 pm »

((If it's antimatter-like, it's absurdly inefficient...unless it's absorbing the energy contained in the matter to charge a sort of cosmic battery that powers magic?))
Its not Magic, its Arcane Energy. They re different materials unless Toaster fused them onto one, which seems unlikely. Bigfoot has the answers for this if hes willing to share, considering the word for Magic is the one used to allow creatures use spells and he made the replicator menace.
I'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding my point, and certainly my terminology.
1. "Arcane Energy" causes explosions and destroys stuff. If the destruction causes the expplosion, we would expect more energy to be released; thus, some energy is being lost.
2. Magic inherently violates physics by creating matter and energy from nothing...
3. ...unless there is a sort of "cosmic battery" that powers magic.
4. Thus, the arcane energy might transform matter into energy for this "cosmic battery".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: September 24, 2013, 02:22:17 pm »

((How did Durable Steel Full-body make my hand turn into arcane energy?  Anyways, give me around 2 turns to try to survive, then feel free to experiment.))
Say Oildin Kiforiter then touch the (hopefully solid) fire with my stump, touch the light orb instead if Jabon gets to me in time.

Disregard this entire post.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:56:26 pm by Vakothu »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2179 on: September 24, 2013, 02:24:38 pm »

((If it's antimatter-like, it's absurdly inefficient...unless it's absorbing the energy contained in the matter to charge a sort of cosmic battery that powers magic?))
Its not Magic, its Arcane Energy. They re different materials unless Toaster fused them onto one, which seems unlikely. Bigfoot has the answers for this if hes willing to share, considering the word for Magic is the one used to allow creatures use spells and he made the replicator menace.
1. "Arcane Energy" causes explosions and destroys stuff. If the destruction causes the expplosion, we would expect more energy to be released; thus, some energy is being lost.
2. Magic inherently violates physics by creating matter and energy from nothing...
4. Thus, the arcane energy might transform matter into energy for this "cosmic battery".
I hope this time that cosmic battery arent the eldritch creatures like last time.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: September 24, 2013, 02:26:02 pm »

I hope this time that cosmic battery arent the eldritch creatures like last time.
Well, if it is, we're making them weaker every time we cast a spell!
And stronger every time we use arcane energy to blow something up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: September 24, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »

((I will still try to help you and do some science on the light thing.))

Go to where Azilain is, say Oildin Alviscos Zigula

((Possible effects of the glowing orb: a) it heals, because darkness weakens. b) it burns, because light is energy. Applying it to your bleeding arm will either heal or cauterize it, so there is nothing to lose))

See my next post for the action.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2182 on: September 24, 2013, 03:16:38 pm »

Well, if it is, we're making them weaker every time we cast a spell!
And stronger every time we use arcane energy to blow something up.
Welp, the last time we made them stronger every time we casted an spell, since that got them closer to the mortal dimension, while that using magic of the gods made them weaker.

Tomcost: Go watch Piecewise, its confirmed light burns. If you want to cauterize the wound... Well, but if you get a high potency you may freaking burn him to ashes. Even though... Burning his arm to ashes might be a good idea. He may grow another, i know how to do that. (But what would you offer me to tell you?)

Someone should get wings (The page where that word is kinda obvious) and grow a pair of wings, then go see whats in the dark depths of the pit.
My imagination tells me that there will be eldritch. Ton of eldritch tentacles ready to get you. My mind tells me there will be artifacts and stuff. But my intuition tells me there will be nothing, and that like the wand it will be a plain joke... Or perhaps it isnt :D? Who has the wand right now, may i know?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: September 24, 2013, 03:17:37 pm »

Oh shit, you're right.  I mentally had you casting arcane instead of steel.  You're no longer bleeding- fixing turn now.

EDIT- Fixed.  The wand's still on the ground where the last person who had it (you) died, so right near where Bigf01t's standing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:19:36 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: September 24, 2013, 05:22:30 pm »

Welp, the last time we made them stronger every time we casted an spell, since that got them closer to the mortal dimension, while that using magic of the gods made them weaker.
That violates the--! Magic, right.

Someone should get wings (The page where that word is kinda obvious) and grow a pair of wings, then go see whats in the dark depths of the pit.
My imagination tells me that there will be eldritch. Ton of eldritch tentacles ready to get you. My mind tells me there will be artifacts and stuff. But my intuition tells me there will be nothing, and that like the wand it will be a plain joke... Or perhaps it isnt :D? Who has the wand right now, may i know?
I'll even tell y'all the word for wings: It's either Emarion or Equing. No idea what the "Grow
  • From You" (or however you want to put it) word is...
EDIT- Fixed.  The wand's still on the ground where the last person who had it (you) died, so right near where Bigf01t's standing.
If SCIENCE MAN! wasn't so busy SCIENCE!ing and SUPERHERO!ing, he might look into that.
Sig

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: September 24, 2013, 07:59:40 pm »

((I'm not going to try to do anything about that hand yet.))
Do Magic Things.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: September 24, 2013, 08:30:09 pm »

Oh yea. If I can do so while holding my stuff, grab the wand too :P (Seriously. Yup)

"Alas, this word is more elusive than I had hoped. *sigh* Moar science."

TURN THINGAMAGICS
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2188 on: September 25, 2013, 01:03:15 am »

That violates the--! Magic, right.

I'll even tell y'all the word for wings: It's either Emarion or Equing. No idea what the "Grow
  • From You" (or however you want to put it) word is...
If SCIENCE MAN! wasn't so busy SCIENCE!ing and SUPERHERO!ing, he might look into that.
Well, i dont think this specific algorithm changed, so all what you would need to make them grow from you would be (Material) Wings Torso. (And no, this wouldnt convert your torso into wings, Torso (Material) Wings would do that, the order of words is important! :P).

Defiatos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: September 25, 2013, 07:02:36 am »

Wilbur Wilson Deerkill had no idea where he was, well except that it was a room with spikes... And a metal moose.

"Well, a good day to you fine sir," He says, tipping his hat off to the curious metal moose before then flipping through the pages of the odd book in his hands, "Good sir... Would you by any chance happen to know what these words are?"

After a moment of thought, "Probably not... Well... I wonder what happens if I say..."

Then he says gibberish words while waving book around, vaguely pointing in the direction of the moose
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 198