Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376852 times)

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2205 on: September 25, 2013, 07:21:47 pm »

If the dragon is already trying to kill me point the palm of my hand that still works at the dragon, then say Myxida Enur Zebridonce focusing on a black hole coming from my hand's palm and hitting the dragon.  Otherwise say Ustrint Zigula and roll it towards the dragon.
I said Putriddle Guite, which appears to mean "Heavy Magnet"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:32:04 pm by Vakothu »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: September 25, 2013, 07:27:08 pm »

GWG:  Memory, except for Urist.
...I'd make a suggestion if I wasn't afraid you'd think I was being patronizing or something.

Well, the obvious answer is Google Docs, which is what I use for everything else.  I'm just (spoiler alert) lazy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: September 25, 2013, 07:42:33 pm »

((Goddamnit GWG, no black holes.))

stuff
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: September 25, 2013, 07:53:28 pm »

((Noted. I'm doing magma now.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: September 26, 2013, 12:19:11 am »

Just get out of that bridge before you fall Foot :P
((Bigfoot, you may want to get near me this turn, because things may go south at the end of my turn))

Stand at the entrance to the bottomless pit looking at the door that leads to the magma room
... Oh SHIIII ...

May I kill my replicator friends? I DO have more pool, and have an idea!

EDIT: Still do tell, but I'm just going to PM my turn now with a conditional I suppose.

STOP! TURNTHINGS HAMMERTIME! (Not really hammering but... I'mma smash! :P)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:00:11 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2210 on: September 26, 2013, 07:41:09 am »

Just get out of that bridge before you fall Foot :P
((Bigfoot, you may want to get near me this turn, because things may go south at the end of my turn))

Stand at the entrance to the bottomless pit looking at the door that leads to the magma room
... Oh SHIIII ...

May I kill my replicator friends? I DO have more pool, and have an idea!

EDIT: Still do tell, but I'm just going to PM my turn now with a conditional I suppose.

Or well, you can make yourself intangible and ignore everyone except tomcost who is also intangible. Know the best? While you re intangible you can use the wand, and it is still tangible... You can attack stuff with the wand (Phisically, dont activate it for gods sake).
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: September 26, 2013, 07:53:41 am »

((@Bigfoot: I'm going to kill the replicators, that's why I casted the spell beforehand, because if it had been a godly overshoot, I would have thrown it to the void. Now, please, get away from my line of sight if you want to live to do more science))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: September 26, 2013, 08:31:10 am »

Mod Note:  I'll be away this weekend, so this update is almost certainly the last one until Monday.  I'll try to check updates via phone, so if you have any burning questions I'll try to answer them.

"Begone, foul beast! Stand back, citizens, this could get dangerous!"

Charge the orc!

"Noyaniumma!"
Eo walks into the Grand Room.

"Oh look everyone's dying how nice let's help out killing the orc!" With a flourish and a point of the finger, he closes the distance with his speed, and shouts (with a point of the finger):

"Ustrint Enur!"
stuff

[Science Spd:5-1]
[Eo Spd:6+1]
[Outcast Spd:2]
[Orc Spd:3]
[Urist Spd:5+1]

Eo runs into the Grand Room.  Everyone's having a party and he wasn't invited!  Time to add a magical mixer.

[Eo Pot:1-1]
[Eo End:4+1]

Eo's right arm turns into solid gold.  The weight of that would drag him down if it didn't immediately shoot forward.

[Eo End:2+1]  Ow ow ow ow ow goes Eo as he bumps and scrapes along the ground, coming to rest a few feet short of the fight.  He's nice and scraped up.

The dwarf by now is wholly interested in finishing off this orc.

[Urist Dex:6+1]
[Orc Dex:3-2]

[Urist Str:2+2]
[Orc End:5]

The first blow doesn't do it, so he lines up another.

[Urist Dex:1+1]
[Orc Dex:4-2]

[Urist Str:1+2]
[Orc End:3]

Still not dead.  The dwarf looks pretty pissed.

By now, Science Man has run forward and readied his spell.

[Pot:4]

A glob of magma appears and drops onto the orc.  There is a horrible gurgle from under the magma, and the orc quits moving.

The dwarf looks at you and Outcast angrily, then looks at Eo's arm greedily.

Outcast wizard backs up.  A bit late to warn the dwarf about what was coming, but he looks like he came out of it okay.  He still looks angry, though.  You hold the sword out defensively in front of you, waiting for any attackers.

Once more into the breech!

Let's try that again.

[Pot:5]  A shield forms and clangs to the ground.  The body is steel with a nice leather grip.  The blocking side is covered in shining light and an odd shimmering surface.  It doesn't quite look mirrored, but it's pretty damn cool looking anyway.

You do this, as Bigf01t gets out of your way.  You prepare yourself for magical greatness that never comes.

If the dragon is already trying to kill me point the palm of my hand that still works at the dragon, then say Myxida Enur Zebridonce focusing on a black hole coming from my hand's palm and hitting the dragon.  Otherwise say Ustrint Zigula and roll it towards the dragon.

Yeah, you're pretty sure it's about to eat you.

[Azilain Spd:3]
[Dragon Spd:5]

[Dragon Dex:3]
[Azilain Dex:1]

[Dragon Str:6]
[Azilain End:4]

It lashes out with its claws, carving several deep gashes into your chest and knocking you back quite a bit.  You have the presence of mind to right yourself and get your spell out.

[Azilain Pot:2]  The magnet stuck to your hand shimmers, as if something is happening to it, but it doesn't change.  Well crap.

You work some science while Jabon blows past you.

[Pot:1+1]  You get a tiny silver lump.  You can't figure out anything special about it, but with a crappy spell effect like that, who knows what special effects simply didn't take?

Jabon is just standing there and not casting, so you take that as "attempt failure."  You nudge past him, point at the door, and let loose with your spell.

[Pot:1+1]  A few points of arcane energy sparkle out of your finger, fly forward a bit, and pop.  Welp.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  North side, Grand Room (3/3 Pool, Body is arcane) [Arcane greatsword] (4)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Wand] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - North Edge, Grand Room (1/6 Pool, Body is steel) {Right arm is gone}
Eotyrannus: Eo the Boomeratior - North Side, Grand Room (1/2 Pool)  {Right arm is inert gold, scraped up}
Tomcost: Jabon -  East entrance, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - North side, Cavern (1/3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (stuck to heavy magnet)}
Dermonster: Derm - South Side, Cavern (5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form) [Force Helmet, Force Platemail]
Defiatos: Wilbur Wilson Deerkill - East side, Spike Room (2 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - North edge, Grand Room
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 26, 2013, 08:33:28 am »

"Now we're getting somewhere."

Equipmentizing, HOOOOOO
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2214 on: September 26, 2013, 08:38:35 am »

Lol. SomEOne is gonna lose an arm :D
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 26, 2013, 08:40:07 am »

Random.org does seem to like blowing up right limbs.  Eo's just lucky he had a +1 to end.  If it was a -1 instead, he'd be dead.

Defiatos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: September 26, 2013, 08:51:28 am »

"Wood, excellent!"

Picking up the wood, he smiles, and starts walking up the north exit of the spike room, bidding the moose goodbye, and pointing his bit of wood (he has left the foam behind) onward while saying a newfound phrase.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: September 26, 2013, 09:36:03 am »

"Well that was a horrible failure I think that the correct term is Pioncale Puidina!"

Eo activates the markings and flees.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 26, 2013, 10:03:22 am »

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 198