Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377962 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2250 on: September 27, 2013, 10:24:47 am »

((Anyway, it still requires a mechanic from the original Perplexicon))

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: September 27, 2013, 10:32:01 am »

(I just need two points, and I can TAKE OVER THE WORLD!)
(And by that I mean be useful.)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2252 on: September 27, 2013, 10:32:32 am »

((Anyway, it still requires a mechanic from the original Perplexicon))
Circles. But, in Perplexicon, the world was way bigger. Since in Pit of Magic the arena is way smaller, circles wouldnt really be needed anymore.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: September 27, 2013, 10:49:20 am »

((With a sufficiently complete wordlist and 3 pool you can become immensely powerful using the old perplexicon system.

Hell i knew a way to give myself +2 dex, strength and endurance as well as constantly increasing pool, i just didnt know all of the necessary translations.

No i will not tell you how, theres a chance i may be able to do it later this game.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2254 on: September 27, 2013, 11:36:33 am »

((With a sufficiently complete wordlist and 3 pool you can become immensely powerful using the old perplexicon system.

Hell i knew a way to give myself +2 dex, strength and endurance as well as constantly increasing pool, i just didnt know all of the necessary translations.

No i will not tell you how, theres a chance i may be able to do it later this game.))
Enhanced (Attribute increase word?) And i also know the increasing pool, is one of the things i did in one of my spells theories.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: September 30, 2013, 09:08:33 am »

And we're back.  You may now resume your regularly scheduled magical murder.

Equipmentizing, HOOOOOO

You equip the shield, and admire how it looks on your arm until your arm shifts to arcane force and blows the strap off.  The rest of the shield clatters to the ground, which you look at, sniffling softly.

[Pot:5+1]  Well, it's close to what you wanted.  It's indeed a sword with a leather grip and a steel pommel, but it has two blades- one of flame and the other of condensed darkness.

Considering your last experience, you don't know if you can use it anyway.

Picking up the wood, he smiles, and starts walking up the north exit of the spike room, bidding the moose goodbye, and pointing his bit of wood (he has left the foam behind) onward while saying a newfound phrase.

You grab the wood.  It's not much more than a twig, but it's something.  Walking north out of the spike room, you see a heavily-armored dwarf and several people in the distance- looks like they're having fun.  Let's try MAGIC.

[Pot:4]  A boomerang made out of bone forms and clatters to the ground.  It's not sharp or anything, but it'll probably come back if you toss it.

"Well that was a horrible failure I think that the correct term is Pioncale Puidina!"

Eo activates the markings and flees.
"Greetings, short-and-bearded citizen! Are you unharmed?"
Talk to the dwarf.
perform actions i shall pm when i get home.

[Eo Spd:5+1]
[Science Spd:3-1]
[Outcast Spd:4]
[Urist Spd:2+1]

(It's actually Cuidinina, but your clarification was close enough)
[Eo Pot:3-1]  The ley lines fail to form, and fizzle out uselessly.

[Eo Str:1-1]  You fall back over attempting to stand up with your extremely heavy arm.

[Outcast Dex:5+1]
[Eo Dex:4-1-1]

Outcast Wizard walks over to Eo and gives him a hug around the neck, which messily blows Eo's head off.  Sadly for Outcast Wizard, the arm dissolves into ash along with the rest of the body.

[Eo the Boomeratior is dead.  Outcast Wizard gains one point.]

Enjoying the new power, he says some magic.

[Outcast Pot:6+1]  The magical ley lines return, speedily kicking out his old form and blazing across his body in a new form.  They activate and burst into energy rapidly, returning him to the arcane form- except now he's nine feet tall.  Awesome.

The dwarf looks at the giant man of arcane energy over twice his height, then looks at the one-armed steel man next to him.  He raises his axe, shouts a dwarven battle cry, and charges Science Man.

[Urist Dex:4+1]
[Science Dex:1-1]

[Urist Str:2+2]
[Science End:6]

The axe head goes about one inch into Science Man's left arm and sticks.  A look of rage passes over the dwarf's face.

Science Man decides that diplomacy has already failed, and just tries to free himself.

[Science Str:1-1]  Oh yeah, that just twisted the blade in his arm.  He's losing some feeling in his arm now.

TURN THING = SUBMITTED

Shake your turn thing, oh yeah.

[Pot:5+1]  Another hunk of gold.  You can't really tell anything special about this one.

[Pot:1+1]  A tiny chip of bronze.  Too tiny and crappy to test anything.

[Pot:1+1]  See previous spell, except replace bronze with obsidian.

Get ready to dodge!  If I have to take a hit, try to get the dragon to tear off my useless hand.

You prepare dodge its attacks as best you can with your hand weighed down.

[Str:5]  Either the fear or the adrenaline does it for you, as you manage to get moving with your hand weighed down as the dragon charges again.

[Dragon Dex:3]
[Azilain Dex:4+2]

The dragon swipes again, but this time you dodge back and evade its blow.  The dragon glares at you then opens its mouth, which starts glowing.  Oh dear.

-Say Oildin Echapl
-Say Pesifyini Echapl

Stare into the void after that, just in case.

You stare into the void.  It stares back.

[Pot:5+2]  A massive burst of water vapor pours into the air.

The grey fog suddenly appears and activates.  A point of darkness shoots forward, and with a whoosh, the vapor starts flowing in its direction.  There's a echoing crack in the far distance.

[Pot:3+2]  A chunk of room-temperature ice.  Hmmm.

Damon Harper poofs into being in the Spike Room.  He scratches his head- is that a giant steel moose?

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  North side, Grand Room (1/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane greatsword] (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Wand] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - North Edge, Grand Room (2/6 Pool, Body is steel) {Right arm is gone, left arm has magma axe embedded in it, and going numb}
Rolepgeek: Damon Harper - East Side, Spike Room (2 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - North side, Cavern (2/3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (stuck to heavy magnet), chest is cut and bleeding}
Dermonster: Derm - South Side, Cavern (5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form) [Force Helmet, Force Platemail]
Defiatos: Wilbur Wilson Deerkill - South side, Grand Room (2 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - North edge, Grand Room
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: September 30, 2013, 09:18:18 am »

((Curse his sudden but inevitable...well, it isn't really a betrayal, but still!))

"What! You were a villain all along! Well, I cannot believe that I was fooled by such a ludicrously underhanded and simplistic trick! You, Urist, have revealed yourself to be an agent of evil, and hence I will respond with overwhelming force fitting your betrayal! You will regret the day you turned from the path of good and down the trail of evil and greed! Prepare yourself, villain, for your defeat is at hand, as you have revealed your true colors to SCIENCE MAN! But, first I will ready myself!"

Remove axe. Say words.

"Pioncale Bical-Uticat-Villognio-Swinat!" "Pioncale Ustrint Ebut Uticat! Mirkin Taurniso!

Attack with axe or breath weapon or claws/teeth/tail.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:13:25 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2257 on: September 30, 2013, 09:23:37 am »

((Curse his sudden but inevitable...well, it isn't really a betrayal, but still!))

"What! You were a villain all along! Well, I cannot believe that I was fooled by such a ludicrously underhanded and simplistic trick! You, Urist, have revealed yourself to be an agent of evil, and hence I will respond with overwhelming force fitting your betrayal! You will regret the day you turned from the path of good and down the trail of evil and greed! Prepare yourself, villain, for your defeat is at hand, as you have revealed your true colors to SCIENCE MAN! But, first I will ready myself!"

Remove axe. Say words.

"Pioncale Bical-Uticat-Villognio-Swinat!"

Attack with axe.
Because losing one arm wasnt enough, now your gonna lose the other too O_O.
Have you considered to regrow them? I already told you how.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: September 30, 2013, 09:25:49 am »

How am I "trying" to lose the other one?

I'm trying to get my regeneration. I'm just trying a way that doesn't turn me into an orc, especially since this also lets me try something...new.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: September 30, 2013, 09:28:34 am »

Noooo, turn yourself into a big golden dragon and step on him, you saw how much he liked gold... he will be too dazzled by greed to dodge your attack.

do stuff.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: September 30, 2013, 09:33:11 am »

But...the science...okay.
Sig

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2261 on: September 30, 2013, 09:37:02 am »

How am I "trying" to lose the other one?

I'm trying to get my regeneration. I'm just trying a way that doesn't turn me into an orc, especially since this also lets me try something...new.
I didnt say you were triying, you just have an magma axe inside it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: September 30, 2013, 09:51:16 am »

Waitlist and Memories of the Fallen up to date!  It's almost like you have a competent GM!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: September 30, 2013, 10:00:15 am »

((Oh shit... the dragon has a breath attack which i can only assume is going to be pure arcane energy...))

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 198