Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378355 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2265 on: September 30, 2013, 10:07:30 am »

((I wonder if GWG will get a breath attack?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: September 30, 2013, 10:10:19 am »

GWG should probably double check his pool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: September 30, 2013, 10:12:46 am »

Curses!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:34 am »

And we're back.  You may now resume your regularly scheduled magical murder.
TURN THING = SUBMITTED
Shake your turn thing, oh yeah.
[Pot:5+1]  Another hunk of gold.  You can't really tell anything special about this one.
[Pot:1+1]  A tiny chip of bronze.  Too tiny and crappy to test anything.
[Pot:1+1]  See previous spell, except replace bronze with obsidian.
-The dragon glares at you then opens its mouth, which starts glowing.  Oh dear.-
Hey! The dragon thing is just how I handled it with a friend here! (I made a mini arena for him to science and die, he ended up with a bronze-dragon pet, with it's own kill count, dual whips (one a 6+1 crystal whip, other iron) one (left) arm made of hair (5+1 = rhino-horn) One silver (right) leg and an alien face. It was a good day.) I approve.

Also, why does science not like me  :'( have I not given it everything!

OK! IT IZ TIME FO DA CRAZZY SCI!
Mad.
SCIENCE.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: September 30, 2013, 11:12:24 am »

Respawn!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: September 30, 2013, 01:40:34 pm »

"Damn. Gotta solve that..."

Words and shit!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: September 30, 2013, 03:23:58 pm »

Say Jupedem Podoinde and try to hide behind anything that appears

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: September 30, 2013, 04:10:52 pm »

What's that second word?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: October 01, 2013, 12:27:26 am »

What's that second word?
If you are talking to me, it is the first word on page 53.
If not, disregard this message.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:25:10 am by Vakothu »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: October 01, 2013, 07:09:33 am »

What's that second word?
If you are talking to me, it is the first word on page 53.
If not, disregard this message.
He asked you for the word "podoinde", but it actually is in the book, so I don't know why did he ask.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: October 01, 2013, 07:44:13 am »

*facepalm*

It'd help if I searched the wordlist for it instead of the player list.  Derp.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: October 01, 2013, 12:04:35 pm »

Pariah:  You still have one point to spend.

Remove axe. Say words.

"Pioncale Bical-Uticat-Villognio-Swinat!" "Pioncale Ustrint Ebut Uticat! Mirkin Taurniso!

Attack with axe or breath weapon or claws/teeth/tail.
do stuff.

[Science Spd:6-1]
[Outcast Spd:6]
[Urist Spd:1+1]

Outcast wizard bellows out a word from his great height.

[Pot:2+1]  There's a small burst of darkness in front of him, that causes no real effect.  Shrugging, he just goes for a kill.

[Outcast Dex:3+1]
[Urist Dex:5+1]

The dwarf dodges beneath his blow.

Science Man yells a lot at the dwarf, then tries to free his arm.

[Science Str:3-1]  Nope.  At least it's not worse this time.  He shrugs and tries to magic his way out of this.

[Science Pot:4]  Magical ley lines spread across his body, returning it to flesh, and also causing his arm stump to start bleeding.  Oh yeah.  Also, that magma axe stuck in it REALLY BURNS NOW.  It does come out as he start flailing around, though- at least it's cauterized.

Science Man activates the lines in preparation of an attack.  He turns into a green scaly drake- that's still missing one arm and injured in the other.  He doesn't think he has a breath attack.

[Science End:3]  He heaves and huffs- the pain is distracting him. (-1 dex to this attack roll)

[Science Dex:6-1-1]
[Urist Dex:5+1]

The dwarf blocks his attack with his shield.  He looks at his two attackers, and goes for the obviously easier target.

[Urist Dex:6+1]
[Science Dex:5-1]

[Urist Str:2+2]
[Science End:1]

His magma axe cleaves right under Science Man's right shoulder and into his chest, carving and burning a horrible wound.  Science Man roars in pain.

{Fatally wounded:1 turn remaining.}

OK! IT IZ TIME FO DA CRAZZY SCI!

You pull out all the stops on your science.

[Pot:5+1]  A large staff made entirely of arcane energy forms in the air.  It hovers in the air shaking for a few seconds, as if something in the magic is contradicting itself.  Eventually, it fires north-northeast straight into the wall, dropping to the floor.

You walk over and pick it up, but nothing you try gives any indication of special properties- not willing cool stuff to happen, not poking the wall with it, not swinging it around.

Science!

This is quite the sciencetastic area, isn't it?

[Pot:4+2]  A jet of water shoots out from your finger in the direction you're pointing.

[Pot:4+2]
[Will:6+1]  You hear a splash from the opposite side of the room.  You turn, and see quite a bit of water flooding from the area you had in mind.  How about that...

Words and shit!

Damn you magic!

[Pot:1+1]  You get a twisted lump of weird-looking steel.  Damn you magic!

Say Jupedem Podoinde and try to hide behind anything that appears

[Azilain Spd:6]
[Dragon Spd:3]

Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap

[Azilain Pot:5] A large wall of arcane energy pops into being.  You get down behind it just as the dragon's mouth lights up.

[Breath:3]* A burst of arcane energy arcs out of the mouth of the dragon.  It slams into the wall, blowing a chunk out of the far side.  Looks like it bought you a little time.

The dragon is regarding the wall.  You're pretty sure it can just step around it...

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  North side, Grand Room (2/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane greatsword] (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Wand] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - North Edge, Grand Room (1/6 Pool, Dragon Form) {Right arm is gone, left arm has massive gash, chest is half-sliced through, one turn from death}
Rolepgeek: Damon Harper - East Side, Spike Room (2 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - North side, Cavern (1/3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (stuck to heavy magnet), chest is cut and bleeding}
Dermonster: Derm - South Side, Cavern (5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form) [Force Helmet, Force Platemail]
Defiatos: Wilbur Wilson Deerkill - South side, Grand Room (2 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - North edge, Grand Room

*Inherent breath weapons are 1d4+2 for effect, following standard RTD results.  Magical breath spells (which may or may not exist, cough cough) are unaffected by this rule.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: October 01, 2013, 12:10:46 pm »

((DAMMIT.))

"You have not seen the last of SCIENCE MAN!"

Retreat.

((Dammit, I only have 1 Pool...when you say "drake" injured in one "arm," you mean that I am something with manual dexterity, right?))

"Rogran..."

Use the result to bind my wound.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: October 01, 2013, 01:26:29 pm »

((Yes, you have manual dexterity, though you only have one injured arm.  Also, even if you perfectly bind your wound, it won't be enough to save you- your right lung is basically cut in half.))
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 198