Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378055 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2310 on: October 03, 2013, 01:05:04 am »

-snip-
((So we are completely discounting the possibility that Derm is gonna be the hero in a force armor, and challenge the dragon? A pity.

Also, I agree that vakothu is creative, but I really don't see what's so unusual about it to congratulate it so much. Really, especially on this level (how to not die to Derm, how to run away when you've got an arm with a magnet stuck to it, etc), it should sort of be the norm. Or maybe I'm just setting my standards too high.))
It is the norm I suppose, I just congratulated him because his action choice took me by surprise, most notably not many people seem to be using the overcharging method, and he is going for +2 in his speed stat to give him a +1 roll, which is something I'd forgotten about in the midst of all my science :-[
I was like the single one who used Focus and Overcharge for a BIIIG while.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 03, 2013, 01:06:34 am »

-snip-
((So we are completely discounting the possibility that Derm is gonna be the hero in a force armor, and challenge the dragon? A pity.

Also, I agree that vakothu is creative, but I really don't see what's so unusual about it to congratulate it so much. Really, especially on this level (how to not die to Derm, how to run away when you've got an arm with a magnet stuck to it, etc), it should sort of be the norm. Or maybe I'm just setting my standards too high.))
It is the norm I suppose, I just congratulated him because his action choice took me by surprise, most notably not many people seem to be using the overcharging method, and he is going for +2 in his speed stat to give him a +1 roll, which is something I'd forgotten about in the midst of all my science :-[
Some of us prefer versatility and spamming science.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 03, 2013, 01:11:51 am »

-snip-

I don't tend to focus, as that burns away a turn of SCIENCE! (this would change if I am trying to make one specific good thing and want high pot, or one supaaapower attack ;)) and I don't tend to use overcharge as I am too busy using my pool in other ways :-\
Damn me and my obsessive science-y ways.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 03, 2013, 06:47:18 am »

I was like the single one who used Focus and Overcharge for a LOOONG while.

((Fixed your quote. Because once we lose grammar, what sort of barbarism does our society descend into?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 03, 2013, 06:50:28 am »

((Fixed your quote. Because once we lose grammar, what sort of barbarism does our society descend into?))
((Rap music and l33t speak.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: October 03, 2013, 06:56:08 am »

((Hey, HEY. Just because you don't understand the grammatical rules of Afro-Creole doesn't mean it lacks a strict sense of grammar. :P

I can't really vouch for l33t though, as it does seem less grounded and more fluid than conventional language.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: October 03, 2013, 07:40:48 am »

((Afro-Creole is not rap. Unless I'm missing something.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:10 am »

((Hey, HEY. Just because you don't understand the grammatical rules of Afro-Creole doesn't mean it lacks a strict sense of grammar. :P

I can't really vouch for l33t though, as it does seem less grounded and more fluid than conventional language.))

I'd say l33t sp3ak is to English, what interpretative dance is to "normal" dance. I mean VERY interpretative like, it is yellow therefore it is a lemon dirigible, or something.

Or at least it CAN be that... creative.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 03, 2013, 11:17:37 am »

stuff, and things, and contingencies.

[Outcast Spd:2+1]
[Urist Spd:3+1]

As Urist runs, he pulls something out of his backpack.  It's... a cat?  He focuses hard, then chucks it over his shoulder at you.

[Urist Dex:2+1+1]
[Outcast Dex:4+1]

[Outcast Dex:3+1]

The cat, meowing in confusion, lands directly in front of you.  And explodes.  The blast is a bit ahead of you and doesn't hurt you, but it does send out a surprisingly large number of additional cats.  You dodge several of them, but there are so many that some hit you- and every cat sent out explodes when it hits something.

[Outcast End:3]  The explosions hurt, but one in particular catches you right in the knee and sends you slamming down to the ground.  Your leg hurts and you'll probably be limping a bit, but it's not broken.

By the time you stand back up Urist is gone around the corner into the Spike Room.

[Wilbur Dex:2-1]
[Wilbur End:1]

One of the cats catches Wilbur right in the legs.  The left one is blown off at the knee, and the right one is scratched quite a bit.  Blood starts gushing from the wounds.  {Bleeding out: 3 turns}

"Hi. Science?"
Do science.

You decide to work wonderful science together!  Bigf01t is up first.

[Bigf01t Pot:1+1]  A wisp of grey fog appears but blows away.  Damn it.

[Bigf01t Pot:1+1]  Something made of arcane energy appears, but it fizzles out.  Damn it!

You set aside your arcane tools again and attempt to will the two grey fogs- still present, you note- to activate.  They don't.  Damn it!!

Jabon steps up to the plate.

[Jabon Pot:6+2]  A large grey fog settles in to his right shoulder.

[Jabon Pot:4+2]  A grey fog settles in to his left shoulder.  Jabon smirks at Bigf01t.

Jabon walks over and gives Bigf01t a little playful punch.  His hand goes right through Bigf01t.  Oh yeah.

Overcharge my speed with my two current pool and try do dash past Derm before he has a chance to do anything.  Hope that the dragon sees him as a bigger threat.
Beholdeth!

[Vakothu Spd:1+1]
[Derm Spd:4+1]
[Dragon Spd:1]

Derm, seeing the approaching party, walks over to the door and says his words.

[Derm Pot:6]  A large shimmering barrier pops up, blocking the door.  Muahaha.

Vakothu runs up, sees the wall, and dives behind Derm.  "Hey Dragon, eat him, not me!"

The dragon looks at the two of you, rears back his head, and prepares to fry both of you with his breath.

Damon looks at the approaching noise, and sees that a somewhat armored but heavily armed dwarf has entered the room, murder in his eyes.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  South of Center, Grand Room (3/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane greatsword] {Left leg is injured} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Wand] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - North ledge, Grand Room (1 Pool)
Rolepgeek: Damon Harper - East side, Spike Room (2 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (1/3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding}
Dermonster: Derm - South Exit, Cavern (2/5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form) [Force Helmet, Force Platemail, Force Clothsteel Armguards, Twin Blade Darkfire Sword]
Defiatos: Wilbur Wilson Deerkill - South side, Grand Room (2 Pool)  {Left leg gone at knee, right leg wounded.  Bleeding out: 3 turns.}

Urist Lamkalallibash - Center, Grand Room (6)

Reminder- Everything the dwarf has is possible to make with the right words.  Even that.

Also, turn tomorrow will be either late or nonexistent.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Catsplosion]
« Reply #2319 on: October 03, 2013, 11:42:29 am »

Wow. They werent on fire?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: October 03, 2013, 11:46:13 am »

FML.

RE-MAGIC. AGAIN.

((Also, I'm guessing Explosive Flesh Cat Machine Many Explosive Flesh Cat? Probably a better way, but that's what strikes me ATM.
I've got a nasty little surprise for the bearded bastard should he come into the Bottomless pit room. Inspired by his own bag-o-tricks. ;D))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: October 03, 2013, 12:08:44 pm »

As Urist runs, he pulls something out of his backpack.  It's... a cat?
((Looks like...the cat is out of the bag.))

[Bigf01t Pot:1+1]  A wisp of grey fog appears but blows away.  Damn it.

[Bigf01t Pot:1+1]  Something made of arcane energy appears, but it fizzles out.  Damn it!

You set aside your arcane tools again and attempt to will the two grey fogs- still present, you note- to activate.  They don't.  Damn it!!
((Better luck next turn. Geez, two 1's in a row? Thank Zentol you had that +1 Pot...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2322 on: October 03, 2013, 01:06:09 pm »

FML.

RE-MAGIC. AGAIN.

((Also, I'm guessing Explosive Flesh Cat Machine Many Explosive Flesh Cat? Probably a better way, but that's what strikes me ATM.
I've got a nasty little surprise for the bearded bastard should he come into the Bottomless pit room. Inspired by his own bag-o-tricks. ;D))
More like Flesh Cat Explode Many Flesh Cat Explode (Whatever they explode into)

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: October 03, 2013, 02:39:49 pm »

((Damn, I was going to block that door after I got through, well played.))
Dodge!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:44:50 pm by Vakothu »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: October 03, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »

"Hahaha. The time is nigh."

Things and stuff.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 198