Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378092 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2505 on: October 17, 2013, 04:03:40 pm »

The sig thread calls, Toaster.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: October 17, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »

I'm always interested in hearing player theories and ideas.  I'm still disappointed no one seems at all interested in figuring out the pattern of the pages.
Maybe once we get a handle on the words.

But if you want to get a crack at the pattern, here is that public wordlist. If you see any patterns (or any page "themes," or any pages that are missing from the list), speak up for the good of public science!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: October 17, 2013, 08:47:52 pm »

I'm always interested in hearing player theories and ideas.  I'm still disappointed no one seems at all interested in figuring out the pattern of the pages.
Maybe once we get a handle on the words.

But if you want to get a crack at the pattern, here is that public wordlist. If you see any patterns (or any page "themes," or any pages that are missing from the list), speak up for the good of public science!

I'll share some stuff, but you people will just have to guess how to make lupine doom-beasts.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: October 17, 2013, 09:20:22 pm »

The sig thread calls, Toaster.

I'll get around to it sometime maybe

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: October 17, 2013, 09:40:12 pm »

I'll share some stuff, but you people will just have to guess how to make lupine doom-beasts.
Share whatever you want to.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: October 18, 2013, 05:42:40 am »

Share whatever you want to.
Come on, we know that you want to share your chaotic genius.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: October 18, 2013, 06:03:14 am »

Back from camp

now actions

Word at wall and then walk over to talk to Dave
"Hey mate can we work together strength in numbers and all that."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: October 18, 2013, 09:06:18 am »

@Toaster, I'm just curious what you mean by "pattern"...
I hope I didn't sound snobbish or arrogant, this is all dumped straight from the brain-cage, so bear with me!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: October 18, 2013, 09:13:51 am »

@Toaster, I'm just curious what you mean by "pattern"...
I hope I didn't sound snobbish or arrogant, this is all dumped straight from the brain-cage, so bear with me!
That's the theory we all have, but didn't care to tell anybody (on both subjects).

Anyway, about the pattern, maybe there is some kind of patter besides page themes, but it is neither obvious nor really useful.

And you didn't sound snobbish. You can't sound snobbish after Oktoberfest. Well, maybe it you are THAT kind of drunk.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: October 18, 2013, 09:16:49 am »

What you figured out is correct and probably a bit obvious.  But can you predict what's on a page without trying any of the words?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:31 am »

What you figured out is correct and probably a bit obvious.  But can you predict what's on a page without trying any of the words?
There is a problem with that: we already know what is in each page. And it is mostly public knowledge by this time. So it would be like cheating.

The only page in which GWG's list has nothing can be guessed by discarding the rest of the possible pages.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: October 18, 2013, 09:20:55 am »

Maybe if I ever got around to adding more pages *cough*

I probably made the pattern too hard compared to the effort of just sciencing a page.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: October 18, 2013, 09:29:26 am »

I probably made the pattern too hard compared to the effort of just sciencing a page.
Mainly, that was the cause. Nobody would care to decipher a patter if you just need on pool to decipher a whole page.

About pages:
I want otherworldy forces!

I claim necromancy beforehand. I'm already thinking in how will I make my Scythe.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: October 18, 2013, 09:45:59 am »

Probably, yes.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: October 18, 2013, 01:53:18 pm »

Same words, hoping for more conclusive results.

Second verse, same as the first.

[Pot:3]  Nothing continues to happen.

[Pot:1]  Damn it.

[Pot:6]  A glimmering bit of nothing shoots out from your right index finger.

STOP! CLEAN-UP TIME!

Where are your parachute pants when you need them?  You channel your power and speak your words.

[Bigf01t Pot:2+1+1]
[Bigf01t Dex:3]

A point of darkness flies forward from your finger, through the doorway out of the Spike Room, across the bridge, and right into the doorframe into the Magma Room.  Oops.

It activates, sucking in a few chunks of rock that the magma bull has knocked loose, and pops.  Welp.

The bull seems unaffected- the sound of him nearly having the doorway widened enough continues unchanged.  He'll be through any minute now.

ACTIVATE THE LINES!

You activate the ley lines, and turn into a red-scaled drake.  You feel a burning sensation at the back of your throat, like you need to cough.

Sadly, your leg continues to not be there.

Try to touch the wall and see if I can feel it. Then focus potency.

It's... odd.  It's like your hand sinks a half inch or so through the wall, then is stopped.  You feel like you shouldn't second-guess magic.

FOCUS AAAAAAAAAAAH

Word at wall and then walk over to talk to Dave

You wake up with a start.  What happened, there?

[Pot:5]  You conjure up a big pile of hair.  Gross.

You wander over to Dave and start up a conversation.  He stares blankly forward, with eyes glassy and mouth ajar.

my legs

[Outcast Spd:1]
[Werewolf Spd:5]

The werewolf is on top of Outcast Wizard in a flash.

[Werewolf Dex:6]
[Outcast Dex:4-2]

[Werewolf Str:5]
[Outcast End:3]

[Outcast End:6]

The werewolf tears into Outcast Wizard's abdomen with his claws, causing a deep bleeding wound.  Outcast Wizard, breathing heavily, reaches out to grab the werewolf.

[Outcast Dex:1]
[Werewolf Dex:6]

[Werewolf Str:3]  The werewolf slaps his hand away, claws first.

With a grimace, Outcast Wizard tries some magic. 

[Outcast Pot:2+1] 
[Werewolf Dex:1]

A weak cone of arcane energy catches the wolf off guard and knocks him back off Outcast Wizard.  He turns back and growls.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - East exit, Spike Room (1/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane, Pot Focus) [Arcane greatsword] {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Right leg gone, Lower abdomen is gouged} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Spike Room (1/6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - Center, Grand Room (1 Pool)
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Grand Room (4 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Spike Room (4 Pool, Body is air, Pot Focus) (22)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding, legs are inert cloth} (2)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - North Side, Cavern (3 Pool)
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North Side, Grand Room (3 Pool, right leg is gone, skin is scaly, Is a fire drake)

Dave may be going back to the top of the waitlist with Nivim if he doesn't log back into the forum in a turn or so.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 198