Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377984 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Arm-Based Victory Dance]
« Reply #2625 on: November 02, 2013, 12:45:08 am »

WE BELIEVE IN YOU
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: November 02, 2013, 07:07:36 am »

I understand the not having free time/wanting to use free time thing, believe me. BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: November 02, 2013, 10:07:07 am »

Well, I briefly thought about bumping this then relized that the best games are those which are run by the GM because he wants it, instead of player pressure.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: November 02, 2013, 10:48:34 am »

"Runned"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: November 02, 2013, 11:53:59 am »

"Runned"?
I think that I will eventually put a warning in my sig about my bad grammar.

I have changed the verb into its proper past participle form. My apologies to anyone who got eyesores for that mistake, it also happens to me in my own language. Damn, it feels bad to be in this side.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: November 02, 2013, 12:07:16 pm »

"Runned"?

I have changed the verb into its proper past participle form. My apologies to anyone who got eyesores for that mistake, it also happens to me in my own language. Damn, it feels bad to be in this side.
Don't worry. Your grammar is very good, especially if this isn't your main language. You mistakes rarely enough that I generally just figure that they're typos.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: November 02, 2013, 12:11:08 pm »

"Runned"?

Don't worry. Your grammar is very good, especially if this isn't your main language. You mistakes rarely enough that I generally just figure that they're typos.
Well, thanks, I guess. But I have a dictionary at hand almost always just in case...

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: November 02, 2013, 12:16:57 pm »

Don't worry, irregular verbs are hard in any language. I, for one, am a native english speaker and I am yet to figure out the past tense for 'lie' (as in 'I am going to lie down').

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: November 02, 2013, 12:20:07 pm »

Don't worry, irregular verbs are hard in any language. I, for one, am a native english speaker and I am yet to figure out the past tense for 'lie' (as in 'I am going to lie down').
Lied, I think.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: November 02, 2013, 12:24:26 pm »

Im pretty sure its something along the lines of lay or layed, lied is the past tense of lying.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: November 02, 2013, 12:28:27 pm »

Im pretty sure its something along the lines of lay or layed, lied is the past tense of lying.

Layed is definitely wrong. Lay is a present tense. I'm pretty sure it's lied.

Edit: Wait, it is lay. That sounds weird.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:30:19 pm by Elephant Parade »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: November 02, 2013, 12:31:47 pm »

English is a strange language when you think about it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: November 02, 2013, 12:48:48 pm »

Oh, because you havent tried to conjugate Spanish verbs. They are going to blow your head. I actually know a fair bunch of "educated" (they went to school and all) people here that still use them wrong. Mix it with a quite particular dialect that affects a third of the persons and you have a recipe for regular grammar mistakes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: November 02, 2013, 12:49:52 pm »

Layed is definitely wrong. Lay is a present tense. I'm pretty sure it's lied.
Edit: Wait, it is lay. That sounds weird.
Or is it laid?

English is a strange language when you think about it.
It's half German and a third French, with everything else a veritable Spackle of other languages. What do you expect?
German and French are about as far apart as major European languages get, and...it's one-sixth Spackle.

Oh, because you havent tried to conjugate Spanish verbs. They are going to blow your head. I actually know a fair bunch of "educated" (they went to school and all) people here that still use them wrong. Mix it with a quite particular dialect that affects a third of the persons and you have a recipe for regular grammar mistakes.
I've taken Spanish classes, and let me tell you: Conjugating Spanish verbs may be complicated, but it doesn't have nearly as many exceptions as English.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: November 02, 2013, 12:53:12 pm »

I've taken Spanish classes, and let me tell you: Conjugating Spanish verbs may be complicated, but it doesn't have nearly as many exceptions as English.
Well, that's a good point. The "exceptions" in Spanish are all similar to another, if not working the exact way. I don't find a pattern between English exceptions, or at least not one that is useful as a rule of thumb or similar.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 198