Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376879 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [The Final Battle]
« Reply #2835 on: January 02, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »

I'm really having to cross check my notes for this turn.

PMed stuff.
SuperMAGICfragilisticexpialidocious Turn. Yup.

Both of you flex your magical might.

[Jabon Spd:6+1]
[Bigf01t Spd:5]

[Jabon Pot:3+2+1]

Upon completion of his incantation, the ley lines on Jabon fizzle out and return him to his fleshy self.  A new set etches itself along his skin, and links together, then flares into energy.

Jabon mostly fades out and is left as a pale shimmer in the air.  There's a definite solidness to the form, but it's still hard to see.

Bigf01t is too focused on getting to the Grand Room and casting his own spell to notice.

[Bigf01t Pot:2+1]

A massive swarm of what appear to be muscular were-pups made of air form in front of Bigf01t and start shooting forward at Jabon.  Several hit where he is, but they just go straight through him like he isn't there.

The airwere pups roll around a bit, looking confused, then start fighting among themselves.  Despite their not-entirely-serious puppy attacks, the bites that do land look strong.

It's now kind of hard to walk, what with the several dozen little fighters.  They're kinda cute, but not AWW WIND PUPPY cute.

Both magical combatants just look at each other.  Jabon arches an eyebrow.

Throw boomerang at Cromwellius.
No offense, but I'm going to take all of your souls eventually, so... better sooner than later.
Draw whipsword, and use it to deter anyone from attacking me.
Flip off the two guys about to brutally murder me, then kick TCM in the crotch with my remaining leg.
Run from Cromwellius to Derya, jump and Divekick his face.

Derya throws the finger-boomerang at Cromwell.  Given it's basically a bent piece of rock two inches long, it's not very effective.

[Derya Spd:2]
[Cromwell Spd:4]
[Zubaz Spd:5]

Zubaz charges at Derya as she readies her sword-thing.

[Zubaz Dex:6+2]
[Derya Dex:3]

[Zubaz Str:4]
[Derya End:1-1]

Derya looks down at her sword right as Zubaz gives her a boot kiss.  She falls to the floor, out like a light.

Cromwell, meanwhile, says his own words.

[Cromwell Pot:4]  A series of black ley lines encircles his flesh, loosely linking together.  He continues to bleed from his wounds.

actual magic.

Lah de dah, magic all day erry day.

[Pot:5+1]  You get an arcane bow and arrow.

You tug on one arrow- it's fused to the frame of the bow.  Oops.  As far as you can tell, though, the bow works just fine.  You'll need separate ammo, though.

Mark sits down after gabbing some candy and starts cheering on the fight

Also WORD

You grab a big chocolate bar and a jawbreaker the size of your fist.  "Hell yeah!  Badass kick, man!"

[Pot:4]  You know, you never actually sent me a word.  Send me one soon and I'll retcon it in.

Nothing happens.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - East exit, Spike Room (3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Right leg gone, Lower abdomen is gouged} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - South Entrance, Grand Room (1/6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - Center, Grand Room (1 Pool)  {A bit burned}
TCM: Zubaz - Center, Grand Room (0 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  South Entrance, Grand Room (1/6 Pool, Body is solid force, Pot focus) (22)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (Is a jock strap)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - West Door, Grand Room (3 Pool) [Steel Arm Floaties, Silver Mobile Cover Pants]  {Unconscious}
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North of Center, Grand Room (1/3 Pool, body is covered in ley lines)  {Right leg is gone, right hand is gone, skin is scaly, broken nose, dazed (-1 rolls next turn)}
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:53:36 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: January 02, 2014, 03:20:53 pm »

Be unconscious. Attempt to stop being unconscious.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: January 02, 2014, 04:43:03 pm »

((For Bigfoot: nya nya (these are mockery sounds, right?). Being inmaterial is so last turn. Also, stop trying to kill me, or I will have to utterly destroy you. But I will wait until next turn to decide, as I don't want to cheese the kill. (please, don't cheese me meanwhile)))

Focus pot again.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: January 02, 2014, 05:54:07 pm »

Charge at Derya and Zubaz with the last of my possible strength, and ACTIVATE!!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: January 02, 2014, 07:27:01 pm »

"Fuck that."

Dodge incoming bullshit.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: January 02, 2014, 07:35:15 pm »

more magic
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: January 02, 2014, 07:43:21 pm »

"Fuck that."
Dodge incoming bullshit.
Well said, sir.
The Derail Thread

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: January 02, 2014, 10:49:00 pm »

Sorry for not sending the word make it Sabidetria

this turn keep chilling and say Haer 

Changed this turns word
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:29:08 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:43 am »

((For Bigfoot: nya nya (these are mockery sounds, right?). Being inmaterial is so last turn. Also, stop trying to kill me, or I will have to utterly destroy you. But I will wait until next turn to decide, as I don't want to cheese the kill. (please, don't cheese me meanwhile)))

Focus pot again.
Oh.
In a moment of severe paranoia I thought you were planning to annihilate me. Well, in this turn anyway.
I just realised, both times I've "tested lethal methods" on your form.. have both been from a twitchy fear that you wanted to kill me.
Well THIS is awkward!

Well, with immediate non-violence presumed, I suppose I'll just go do something else. *sigh*

Run away to the Magma Room and focus pot. I have science to do. Briefly. THEN I'll get back to the deathmatch. Hopefully with less neurotic, but completely justified, fear.

EDIT: By the way, I'm actually really quite sorry about that, please enjoy the adorable failure. I COULD have just used a black hole, but I figured you deserved more than that, so at least there is that!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:44:06 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: January 03, 2014, 07:08:32 am »

((I hope that being made of force somewhat stops black holes. Don't worry, if I have to kill you, it will be epic. I weren't thinking about anihilating you, I just played defensively because, well, because you had motives to try to kill me now.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: January 03, 2014, 09:54:18 am »

Sorry for not sending the word make it Sabidetria

That's one's easy to retcon, because nothing happens when you say it.  (Fixed turn too)

7/7 again!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: January 03, 2014, 11:42:45 am »

((KHH can't really do much with just one pool. He can't even do science, as the words that haven't been discovered are all modifiers that need at least a material word))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: January 03, 2014, 12:12:43 pm »

((KHH can't really do much with just one pool. He can't even do science, as the words that haven't been discovered are all modifiers that need at least a material word))

He could always kill someone for more points!

Focus pot again.

You shrug as Bigf01t runs off and AAAAAAAAAAAAA again.

Dodge incoming bullshit.

Zubaz sees Cromwell "charging" him on his one leg and prepares for incoming horrible as Cromwell nears enough to activate his ley lines.

[Cromwell Will:5-3-1-1]  (Fun fact: You had a 2/3 chance to simply die doing this)

Cromwell collapses to the ground screaming.  His flesh bubbles and shakes as a jagged rift forms on his chest and opens.  Darkness and the faint sound of screaming emanates from it, causing his appearance to warp.  His right arm melts and reforms into a solid mass at the end, almost like his arm is a mace.  He's no longer bleeding, as his blood turned black and caked over his wounds.

He snarls, looking around with eyes that no longer seem human.

Derya, meanwhile, wakes up and sees that there is now a monstrosity facing her.

more magic

Delicious magic!

[Pot:2+1]  You summon lots of little arcane arrows.  They're awfully small... you're not sure they'll even work.

this turn keep chilling and say Haer 

"A deal with another plane?  That's some trick right there!"

Man, this chocolate bar's good.

[Pot:5]  A shimmering image of a halberd forms in front of you, then fades away.

Run away to the Magma Room and focus pot. I have science to do. Briefly. THEN I'll get back to the deathmatch. Hopefully with less neurotic, but completely justified, fear.

You do this.  AAAA and all that.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - East exit, Spike Room (3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Right leg gone, Lower abdomen is gouged} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - South Entrance, Grand Room (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core, Pot Focus) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - Center, Grand Room (1 Pool)  {A bit burned}
TCM: Zubaz - Center, Grand Room (0 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  South Entrance, Grand Room (6 Pool, Body is solid force, Pot focus) (22)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (Is a jock strap)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - West Door, Grand Room (3 Pool) [Steel Arm Floaties, Silver Mobile Cover Pants]
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North of Center, Grand Room (2/3 Pool, body is Corrupted)  {Right leg is gone, right arm is a fleshy mace, skin is scaly, broken nose}
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:19:01 pm by Toaster »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: January 03, 2014, 12:22:19 pm »

I screwed up and posted half the turn early, causing me to rush the rest.  You might want to double check me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: January 03, 2014, 02:00:22 pm »

((Huh, I was actually expecting to die doing that.))

Run up to Zubaz and destroyinate his face!

((I'm a double amputee with a dark mace arm, I must look pretty wretched by this point.))
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 198