Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255199 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #705 on: January 14, 2014, 01:53:19 pm »

Larry shakes his head, snapping out of the trance of the magazine.  That... was intense.

He realizes he's being stared at.

"Heavy shit, man.  Just check this out!"

He shows Halesey the most demonstrative page from each section.  "It just goes on, man.  I'm sure someone would pay good money for this!"

Go hit up pawn shops and see who'd pay good money for said magazine.  Maybe old book shops too.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 14, 2014, 02:58:04 pm »

"Er... okay. That's a good idea. We might have to wait until the mafiosi here let someone else touch it I guess. Let's go."

Request the mafiosi to divert their attentions to protecting me instead of just the magazine, and follow Larry to his pawn book shop.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 14, 2014, 06:15:51 pm »

Clair look at the man for a moment "I was wishing for something to happen today. I suppose tall, dark and..." she study the man "...could of swore it was handsome, but dangerous-looking will do. Lead the way,mister."

Follow
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 14, 2014, 07:34:48 pm »

The Lower Esplanade isn't normally a very quiet place. Tonight, though, perhaps fearing confused dinosaur attacks, people seem to be staying off the streets. As a result, any evening walk had tonight is (with the exception of said dinosaur attacks, which, while possible in this part of town, aren't very likely) somewhat uneventful, and John, Samuel and Clair's are no different. The first to reach the pawn shop, a small two-story building that looks rather rustic compared to the surrounding, more modern constructions, is John with his chaperone.

"Well, looks like we're a bit early. Guess we better wait, huh?"

The wait isn't long - just a few minutes or so - before Samuel also appears with his new friend. The two guides greet each other.

"We could work on the timing, huh? Would have been cool if we all arrived simultaneously."

"Yeah, I guess. But that'd require, like, crazy coordination and planning."

As they converse, both Samuel and John notice that they seem to be awfully similar in looks - nigh-identical physically, actually. Just wearing different clothes. As Clair arrives, they notice that she also seems to have been taken here by another guy almost exactly like the other two.

"Damn, I'm late!"

"Somebody's gotta be, I guess."

"Yeah, let's go inside. Come on, you three."

The three identical guys beckon their three respective friends to come in - seeing no reason not to follow through, they all do so, coming inside the pawn shop. It's an unusual-looking pawn shop, to be sure. For one, there's no guns that anyone can see, far from what one would expect in the Lower Esplanade. Only musical instruments, some sporting equipment, a whole lot of polished-looking CRT TVs and stereos, home appliances, telescopes, all kinds of jewelry... really, it's pretty cramped in here. But above all one cannot help but notice the pawnbroker presiding over the store.

The man, presumably Mr. Lee, is a friendly black man in his early fifties with graying, receding hair and a colorful knitted sweater, underneath which he appears to wear a dress shirt. Not the most fashionably dressed individual. His features are distinctly kindly, and he smiles at his new visitors.

"Hey there, youngsters! What can old Lee do for you?" he asks in a soft voice, cracking up a little at the end. "Nah, don't tell me. I know what I can do for you! First, let me give you a belated welcome to our friendly little neighborhood. Now, you didn't come see me once in your time here, which, strictly speaking, isn't a good way to treat your neighbors, but that's okay. I know you're good kids, all three of you. That's why I've got all three of you something special in store. Can you guess what it is? I'll give you a hint - it's related to that dinosaur thing that's been on TV and whatnot!"

Mr. Lee grins widely, looking genuinely happy. The triplets - for that's what they seem to be - also look to be in fairly good humor.

Larry, quite sure that was the most intense piece of gentlemen's literature he's read, shows some choice bits to Halesey.

"Heavy shit, man.  Just check this out! It just goes on, man.  I'm sure someone would pay good money for this!"

Halesey, upon being shown the heavenly and not so heavenly pictures, is moved but a little bit. Presumably because of limited exposure.

"Er... okay. That's a good idea. We might have to wait until the mafiosi here let someone else touch it I guess. Let's go."

After ordering the mafiosi to form a protective cordon around himself, which they happily accomplish, Halesey follows the quickly escaping Larry. He is a bit slowed down on the stairs on account of the numerous mafiosi accompanying him, but reaches the first floor eventually. He is about to start running after Larry, but then notices that there seem to be new arrivals in the factory - an excitable little kid and a crazy-looking dude currently accosting the Jesus-dude, Guitar Bill and Aggie. This may or may not be good.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 14, 2014, 08:21:57 pm »

Larry scowls.  "Oi!  How many more people are coming?  Factory's closed, go home."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 15, 2014, 12:54:19 am »

"I have a feeling I'm going to feel both gratitude and hatred towards you for this."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 15, 2014, 02:58:51 am »

Clair got into a thinking pose "So you got a machine that turns dino cards into actual dinosaurs and we fight a evil team known as the Alpha Gang?"

(what is she talking about?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 15, 2014, 03:00:45 am »

Clair got into a thinking pose "So you got a machine that turns dino cards into actual dinosaurs and we fight a evil team known as the Alpha Gang?"

(what is she talking about?))
((Something tells me this is going to end... interestingly.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 15, 2014, 06:37:59 am »

The mafiosi step forward as Halesey confirms his... acquaintance's outburst.

"You heard the dude. Dangerous construction work going on here."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 15, 2014, 06:58:35 am »

"So what do we do in here? Wait for the end to, you know, end?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 15, 2014, 07:41:02 am »

"What, that news article where the dinosaurs were falling from the sky? So that means....you got us a baby T-rex to raise?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:38 am »

On the ground floor of the factory, Larry and Halesey react to the distressing appearance of people who most definitely don't belong here.

"Oi!  How many more people are coming?  Factory's closed, go home."

The barrier of mafiosi also parts as Halesey offers support.

"You heard the dude. Dangerous construction work going on here."

The crazy guy and kid don't appear to have noticed them, though. Willy just continues his current conversation as though nothing had happened.

"So what do we do in here? Wait for the end to, you know, end?"

"Far from it! We must locate the special place here, the place where the finger of God himself touches the fabric of our world! It is somewhere... higher, I believe."

Paul doesn't seem to be very happy at this news.

"Oh no. You guys want what's upstairs? Aw jeez. That's no good," he says, taking a step back.

"But it IS good! Salvation is within our reach! Try to sense it, Willy - can you feel the holiness here? Can you see the finger of God reaching out of the aether?"

Yeah, these people are probably crazy.

Asked to guess what they shall receive may be, the people in Mr. Lee's pawn shop try to provide educated guesses.

"I have a feeling I'm going to feel both gratitude and hatred towards you for this," Samuel says.

"Don't be silly, Sammy - I'm guessing you're Sammy. What I'm going to give you is something you never knew you needed, but it's going to become integral to your life from here on in."

"So you got a machine that turns dino cards into actual dinosaurs and we fight a evil team known as the Alpha Gang?" Clair asks.

"That's closer than you might think, Clair! Not exactly it, but equally wondrous."

John also has his own clue on what this might be.

"What, that news article where the dinosaurs were falling from the sky? So that means....you got us a baby T-rex to raise?"

Mr. Lee laughs heartily at the suggestion.

"No, no. You may be good kids, but you're not qualified for anything like that. Not yet. Raising a baby Tyrannosaurus rex - that's a serious commitment, you know. Not something anyone can do, and though with perseverance you might be able to give the little thing all the love it deserves, you three are not yet the age when such responsibility comes naturally to you all. Maybe when you're older. Now, if you'll excuse me for a moment..." he rifles under his counter, retrieving what appear to be three rather new-looking tomes - well, maybe "tomes" is a little generous. More like thick magazines, although they lack any sort of indication on the cover what they might be. Mr. Lee extends all three toward his guests.

"Here! These are my gifts to you three. Open them up and take a look."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 15, 2014, 10:16:23 am »

"The name is Samuel, not Sammy."

Mr Lee's memory issues aside, the book/magazine things looked interesting.

Take. Read. Know. Conquer.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 15, 2014, 10:23:08 am »

"The name is Samuel, not Sammy."

"Oh, that's just me being chummy with you, kiddo. Don't take it too personally! We're all friends here. Or at least we will be!"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 15, 2014, 11:52:58 am »

"Mhh..." Clair cracked opened the book

Reading time
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 244