Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68538 times)

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Rich dwarves wearing tatters (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #405 on: December 27, 2013, 10:38:38 am »

Hello! I've decided to end my two months of lurking by joining a succession fort. (this is a succession fort, right?) May I have a turn? 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:13:46 pm by Authority2 »
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 27, 2013, 12:05:23 pm »

Ah.  Grimmash isn't much of a fighter :).  I'll write something up for it.  He's really more of a craftsdwarf at heart, and just wants to build things that are beautiful.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2013, 02:08:51 pm »

Hello! I've decided to end my two months of lurking by joining a succession fort. (this is a succession fort, right?) May I have a turn?

Well, if you read the backstory of this fort, you surely can take part in it. Welcome!
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2013, 05:58:33 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
11 Limestone
We have a wagon load of birds now, so I had a chicken coop built for them.  We'll lock them in there for a bit and have a bird-splosion before you know it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

18 Limestone
A Kobold thief was run off by the Human guards.  We are still waiting to kill that were-beast.

23 Limestone
Today a lucky engraver got to pull the well to fill the cistern next to the main dining hall.

---   ---
3 Sandstone
I passed Rough Rogue on the street today.  She let me know that Maskwolf's brother had a new kid.  I asked her how she found out so quick, and it turns out that Maskwolf is Rough Rogue's aunt!  Their family is huge, I'm going to be extra careful to stay on good terms with them all.

6 Sandstone
Grimmash had a son today.  The lucky guy has 4 kids now.

17 Sandstone
AseaHeru's youngest son decided to take over a crafting workshop.  Seems like he wants to build some custom loot.  Also, the new well is about half-full.

26 Sandstone
The kid got everything he wanted and started work.

---   ---
2 Timber
Cilob finished his work already, it's a bracelet worth about 30 large.  The Humans admired it and we told them it means “The Prestigious Flare”.  After that they finally jumped on their wagons and left.

10 Timber
The Human were-beast kid broke down one of the masterwork doors!

11 Timber
I guess there was no reason to trip out, one of Daria's assassins shot in there and dropped the kid before he could wreck anything else.  It got the job done, nice work Erush.

15 Timber
Goblins have been spotted outside, it look like they are going to hit us pretty hard.  Let's get ready and waste these fools.  If this inventory book is correct, we have 1000 bolts.  I'm going to get somedwarf to make some more right after the gate gets locked.

22 Timber
We finished building the main dining hall's well; using the best materials.

---   ---
OOC:
That finger injury to Grimmash is 5 years old, so it's anyone's guess.
We are in the middle of a siege, and he is a level 2 fighter.  I'll disband him now and edit any journal entries as needed to fit your story.

I'll probably finish and upload my turn today, on a roll right now.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:41:51 pm by Ruhn »

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2013, 11:38:43 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
2 Moonstone
Battle has begun!  The crossbow gangs started firing as soon as the first Troll entered the courtyard.

8 Moonstone
Once enough of them were inside we closed the gate and sent in our fighters for some hand to hand.  Rough Rogue ran in first and chopped one troll in the head with her axe, then sliced off another's hand with her sword.  She got 6 kills in that engagement, and seems to be attached to her Bronze Short Sword now.

Grim and Maskwolf got plenty of shots off, but didn't get any kill credits so far.

15 Moonstone
As soon as the bodies are cleared and rock traps are loaded again we will let the next batch in.  Some of the crossbowers were thirsty and need more bolts anyways.

24 Moonstone
Today Rough Rogue announced that her sword is now called Moshnun Mizes (The Suicide of Ensorceling).  All the Trolls she killed was with the Axe, but she really likes this sword.  Maybe because Daria used to use it?  In any case, they are calling her “The Mortality of Secreting” now.

The way she moves, I can tell she's gotten very good with those weapons.  Even Obok the Butcher might not be a match for Rogue anymore.

26 Moonstone
Okay, now that the party is over let's teach these green skins what happens when they try to take our turf.

27 Moonstone
Maskwolf shot the first goblin that stepped through the gate in the throat, and got the first kill of the day!

28 Moonstone
One of the farmers just ran up and told me a mosquito woman attacked a child!  Wait, it's one of AseaHeru's kids?  We gotta get her to the hospital.

---   ---
2 Opal
After standing at the gate and getting shot for a few days the gobbies finally decided to come in.

9 Opal
The child that got attacked is up and moving again already.  She really is quick to heal.

15 Opal
Half the trash is dead so far, it is about time to go into the courtyard and chop up the rest.  I ain't so sure about fighting the one with a mace.  It might have the skills to take one of us down.  I dunno if we got a choice though, since it has been dodging the bolts.

That space brain pulled the wrong lever!!  The goblins are getting away, we are gonna chase them down.

19 Opal
We caught 5 of them, but that mace lord got away.  When we came back through the gates there was some bad news waiting for us.

One of Maskwolf's crew was found dead in her bed.  Zasit was a level 6 marksdwarf.  Her husband Erith leads the Snakes of Brass.  Erith seems to be taking it okay so far, he's getting drunk right now.  I hope he doesn't decide to go berserk on us.  Obok the Butcher is his cousin, so that could begin a dangerous chain reaction.  And to top it all, somedwarf told me that the new speardwarf club's leader Logem is her son.  Their family is huge, maybe they will give each other support instead of filling the streets with blood.

21 Opal
We found a minder drained of blood today too.  I removed the bloodsucker mayor from his position and locked him in his room.  We are going to wall it off and turn some goblin prisoners loose on him.

25 Opal
This girl called Stinthad from Maskwolf's squad grabbed a Crafting workshop.  It looks like project time.

---   ---
9 Obsidian
The tarot reader tells me that another forgotten monster has arrived in the caverns.  Our trap is about ready, but it isn't connected to the caverns yet.  A drawbridge would let us close it off safely, but hasn't been built yet.

20 Obsidian
Some green garbage archers showed up and ambushed a mason.  One of Maskwolf's girls was hauling some loot nearby and had a shootout with them.  They ran as soon as her first squad mate showed up.  Those girls are tough, there is no doubt.  I didn't even have to stop my sparring session with Spazbot.

21 Obsidian
Work has finished on that artifact.  There's still room in the vault, but at this rate we will need to add another chamber in the next year or two.  Also, Blenheim's son had his third child today.

23 Obsidian
One of the liaison spies asked to meet with our new mayor.  It shouldn't be a problem, Zefon is a pretty smooth talker.  I'm sure she can cover up anything the mountain home is suspicious about.

24 Obsidian
A miner reported that the project to cool off the magma near the adamantine is ready to go, all that is needed is to build a screw pump and turn it on.

25 Obsidian
I got a note from the mayor girl, it says we should not export any crossbows to the mountain home right now.  Those jerks must have traced the last shipment of weapons back to us somehow.  For some reason the liaison was asking me who they should recognize as ruler of our hideout.  Lucky for me a thief showed up and I didn't have to answer.

Spazbot and I were side by side running to get to that master thief, then Rough Rogue blew right past us.  I don't know what she's been smoking lately, but it is working.

28 Obsidian
We tossed a goblin into the vampire's room.  It ended up dieing, so we tossed another one in.  Just when it was getting good, a group of goblins showed up at the gate and said they wanted to fight.  One of Maskwolf's girls shot him in the face and the rest decided to run.

This has been a pretty good year for us, I figure it is about time for somedwarf else to take over from here.

---   ---
OOC: Who should become Baron?  I accepted the liaison's request to become a formal territory, but didn't pick anyone.  According to the wiki the next liaison will ask us again.  We could set up a puppet in the position to maintain our front, or give it to one of our dwarfs.

The lever for the forgotten beast trap is linked and ready.  It will drop a pillar to seal off cell #1.  The other cells are not ready yet.  Ideally we should either have all the cells ready, or a way to close off the caverns and setup the trap each time it is used.  I read that a FB will either tear apart a bridge or make it deconstruct from the weight?  I don't know, there could be some FUN when using this trap.

The top circle is the planned entrance to the cavern.  The left one was the original plan for pumping water back into the lake.  It might be safer to just pump it all into the lava instead.

One of our goblin prisoners is a sword lord.  All the equipment was designated for dumping.

There is a new above ground farm, which has most of a roof but some of it is still suspended from the ambush that came.

Oh, and believe it or not we are almost out of bedrooms.  The dwarven children have claimed many.

Game File: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8246

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 28, 2013, 12:11:00 am »

I'll pick up over the weekend.  I want to finish off the Noble fort, then get a story post up to fill in the missing time for Grimmashdorf here.  I also have a piece of real furniture that needs to be worked on this weekend.  I'm working on my carpenter skill in real life. 

Expect an actual update Sunday/Monday.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 28, 2013, 04:24:10 am »

Great job, Ruhn! That update was really intence. Glad to hear we have enough fighters to face the goblin menace - greenskins should have learned about adamantine. I'll add a journal entry soon.

The way she moves, I can tell she's gotten very good with those weapons.  Even Obok the Butcher might not be a match for Rogue anymore.

How did she?.. By the end of my year, she was like novice fighter or something. Must be a really good student. Or maybe it is because of rat weed?

OOC: Who should become Baron?  I accepted the liaison's request to become a formal territory, but didn't pick anyone.  According to the wiki the next liaison will ask us again.  We could set up a puppet in the position to maintain our front, or give it to one of our dwarfs.

I'll start a poll now.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 28, 2013, 04:55:46 am »

I am of the opinion that the only appropriate person to be our Baron/Frontman is our fearless founder.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 28, 2013, 08:16:01 am »

How is Daria to become the Empress in fact, if she doesn't first become a Baroness?  As Baroness, I promise to use my poisoning and assassin's skills politically with the mountainhomes' representatives and if I happen to become Countess then Queen along the way - all the better for our cause!  We make the rules and everyone else kowtows... sounds like a good start. After that, we set up an invasion of the rest of the world...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 28, 2013, 02:22:08 pm »

Since the turn is mine, I will sit out voting.  It's out of character for Grimmash to want to be noble, and he mostly despises nobles.  The best choice to Grimmash would be dorf that only cares for the position as a means of revenge.

Edit:  I assume I have until Autumn to decide?  So starting to play should not cause me to have to decide early?  I don't want to start it up before we decide who should be the face of Chamberdrums.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 29, 2013, 09:54:46 pm »

How did she?.. By the end of my year, she was like novice fighter or something. Must be a really good student. Or maybe it is because of rat weed?
Yeah there was definitely a jump in her skills.  There might be a big boost from the "naming a weapon" event?  Or, did killing those trolls in quick succession have an exponential reward of experience points?  In any case, it is one of many surprises DF gives us.

Since the turn is mine, I will sit out voting.  It's out of character for Grimmash to want to be noble, and he mostly despises nobles.  The best choice to Grimmash would be dorf that only cares for the position as a means of revenge.

Edit:  I assume I have until Autumn to decide?  So starting to play should not cause me to have to decide early?  I don't want to start it up before we decide who should be the face of Chamberdrums.
There is probably still 1 liaison in the fort, which could trigger the discussion as soon as the current one leaves.  So it is good for us to decide up front.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 29, 2013, 10:02:17 pm »

Ok.  Claiming the fort and starting.  If I get bum rushed into choosing a baron, it will be Monitor unless everyone else decides otherwise.  I figure this is fair, because voting is split 4 ways with one vote per dorf, and Monitor is the founder, and I didn't vote, so technically I could give mine to Monitor anyway.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:19 am »

From the diary of Moldath 'Rough Rogue' Mosusnish Tadar Nekut, War Bookkeeper

It's been a while since my last entry here. And things are changing too fast for me to catch 'em with my eye. Ezum, my husband, was kicked off from the bookkeeper seat, and they decided to make ME a new one. Hilarious! They don't know yet what can I write in those books while smoking... It's difficult to write when your eyes are tearing of weed smoke, you know. Well, at least Ezum can always help me with this, he's a pro.
The second thing made me almost mad with joy. AT LAST WE GOT SOME F**KING BLADE WEED!!! I've already asked one stonecrafter guy to make me a smoking pipe with a blade leaf engraved on it.
And the last... Today I began to understand what it means to be a warrior. If you smoke just before the fight, the fear disappears and arms become stronger. I haven't feel like this before this day. Today I first came to the battle smoking blade weed, not that rat stuff. And it REALLY works. Those ugly troll chunks were too slow - or was it me too fast for them? They couldn't even understand that I've already blown their bald shapeless heads away. Six of them fell under my blades today. The beards of the fortress now call me "The Mortality of Secreting". A weird title indeed. Like an artifact's name. Like my trusty sword's new name.
Man, life is good.
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 30, 2013, 07:13:08 am »

Here's the picture of Rough Rogue ready to kill some trolls.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:05 pm »

Welp, I did get bum rushed by the second liason, so I nominated Monitor.  He is the Baron.  In good news, this means lots of production orders this year, to try and jump start the progression.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44