Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68505 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be willing to let my psychopathic tendencies slide a bit in order to see this fort into some nice bloodbaths lead us once more.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

I would be willing to let my psychopathic tendencies slide a bit in order to see this fort into some nice bloodbaths lead us once more.

That would be great. As we have no new players on our list, you can download the save and start right away.

Some notes for the future overseer:
1. We need  more soap.
2. More cheese is also required.
3. Please, dorf Evilx as Grey Dwarf the hammerdwarf.
4. There's a pile of trolls bodies right next to the bridge. I think we should dump the corpses once again.
5. The fortress lacks proper front doors. They must have been destroyed by invaders or something.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:47:00 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll download it and take a look around tonight and should be able to update in the next few days. Probably Tuesday as I have just a few lectures then. I have a strange hope that it's a mess in the fort, can't think why.  :D

Tantrums are fun. Not that I intend anything disruptive to the well being of my fellow dwarfs of course.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 06:27:42 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile

Obok's Journal
First of spring, year 139

We were so confident in our ability to overcome these greenskins that we laughed and fought, after they were destroyed we were shocked to see nuckles head wound was looking green and slightly discolored as was Grimmash's finger, Maskwolf also took slashes to both of her legs while trying to reload.

I remember the first time being called The Bulbous Sickness, it was in the foul year of our god 109, i was walking home happily drunk from the Bearded Clam, the best `hole in a hill` bar in all of Mountainhome, singing a hot new tune amonst the dwarven thieves,

In the land of ale and honey,
We live a quiet life of archery,
and we sing about acts of treachery,
while never forgetting Armoks slavery, 

When a stinkin` elf is near us,
He throw him into the grass,
Then proceed to kick his ...

When i was accosted by three elves that were unhappy about a business arrangement we had agreed upon days before.
It seems they were of the mindset i traded them arrows tipped with green glass instead of jade. While this being true, i didn't care to have any stinking elf tell me my own business in Mountainhome.

They kept insisting;
"We needed those jade arrows for tree spirits that roam our homes to the west, glass will not destroy the.."

I had had enough talking and made short work of them. Then headed home to get some rest. When i woke up the city guards were pounding on my door. They told me to follow them and asked me;

"One is decapitated, the other two so unrecognizable beaten to death we must bury them before someone comes looking for lost elves and tries to identify them, you were spotted heading this direction last night, what happened?"

A small crowd had gathered, and i explained that i was jumped by these dagger wielding tree lovers, they had thought i was easy prey being so drunk, but were wrong.
The crowd sympathized with me, but many also threw up, weak stomachs i suppose. Whenever i'd visit the bearded clam thereafter i was called the Bulbous Sickness, on account of what happened to those who looked upon the elves i had killed.

Oddly enough the name seemed to stick.

OOC:

Are these too long? I can shorten them from now on if you guys want.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Succession games always astound me in how different the fortress looks a few turns after your own does, and it's been nine turns since I played, so I'm rather confused. Also a tad annoyed that no one ever finished my golden apartments.  :P

We're clearly rigged up for a large population, but we have no solid habitation area, just swathes of rooms scattered around, tunnels that seem to serve no purpose, large unused rooms that appear to be memorials of some sort. Dining rooms in a couple of places. This place is a piece of architectural madness.

Glorious.

EDIT: I am disappointed in the state of the military, they have unspecified uniforms, just 'steel this' and 'steel that'. Where's the '* Steel Right Gauntlet *' and '= Adamantine Helm ='?

Also, is the Grey Dwarf meant to be any dwarf or has one been picked beforehand? There's a dwarf called the Gray Dwarf already, he's a spearmaster.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:50:45 am by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Also, is the Grey Dwarf meant to be any dwarf or has one been picked beforehand?[/s] There's a dwarf called the Gray Dwarf already, he's a spearmaster.

Actually, Evilx wanted his dwarf to be a hammerdrarf, sp we need to redorf him.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, is the Grey Dwarf meant to be any dwarf or has one been picked beforehand?[/s] There's a dwarf called the Gray Dwarf already, he's a spearmaster.

Actually, Evilx wanted his dwarf to be a hammerdrarf, sp we need to redorf him.

Right, in that case I'll find a peasant or something and hand them a club.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

@PlayingGood: Your journal posts for Obok are great, don't worry to shorten them at all.

@Grim: I noticed that happened a couple years ago when military was overhauled.  If you want to jump in and change back to specific equipment we will be greatful.  Daria's squad needs to be changed back to knives, if RR didn't do that already.

I'll try to look over fortress tonight and make Nuckles' journal entry.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Grim: I noticed that happened a couple years ago when military was overhauled.  If you want to jump in and change back to specific equipment we will be greatful.  Daria's squad needs to be changed back to knives, if RR didn't do that already.

I think I shall need to, proper equipment is an important thing for a military. Daria's even complaining of worn out clothing! She should be fully clad in armour 24/7, as should all our other soldiers. Grim isn't even carrying a quiver!

I can understand overhauling things, but it's always easier to do proper allocation at the time of squad creation. Not doing it then is something of a pet peeve of mine.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile

@PlayingGood: Your journal posts for Obok are great, don't worry to shorten them at all.

I'll try to look over fortress tonight and make Nuckles' journal entry.

Cool thanks,

Trying to massage in some history while relating to current events.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I started looking into military gear reform, and found that the gear list if obscured by mountains of troll and human large clothing, goblin junk and a thousand other things. Has no one been cleaning up this junk? Mass melting and dumping are being performed.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

That atom-smasher room on the second level might come in handy.

One thing I thought of last night: Were some of the animals that Rough Rogue wiped out part of the cheese industry? 

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of Grim of Chamberdrums - year 139

1st Granite
I decided to go and find out who was currently in charge of the fortress, my isolation has left me rather ignorant of recent events. Upon opening the door a book was shoved into my hands, a voice said 'Well it's your lucky day,' and then I heard the sound of running feet before I could get a good look at them. There was a note pinned to the book saying I'm the overseer. I looked up and down the corridor I was standing in, watching the bustling of dwarves as they cleaned the fort, sorting and shifting stuff. Things are a lot more complicated since I was last in charge here... Dear Armok what am I in for? I hope I can at least find some time for fighting.

5th Granite
Countess Monitor, it feels weird thinking about that, came into my office today as I was trying to understand the current state of the records and ordered me, me, to get someone to make catapult parts. Who does she think I am? We built this place side by side! Bah, I've slipped the order into the bottom of a pile of orders for cheese, soap and bolts. It's not that important a task.

Next I think I'll look to plugging that leak in the aquifer some fool cut on the surface.

2nd Slate
The aquifer has been sealed with a plug of earth dropped in from above. The water flow is drying up already. I'm quite happy with how that turned out, we didn't even get anyone hurt in the process. It feels nice to be working with my fellow dwarfs again without it being in a combat role. I seem to be thinking a bit clearer than I was.

16th Slate
I decided to try and sort out the military gear we're using. While sorting through the stocks we've got I found that we've got a huge pile of junk, weapons and armour from every siege ever to throw itself at us it seems. I'll never be able to find usable gear among all this stuff. I'll get the metal stuff melted down and have someone dispose of the clothing and other junk.

20th Slate
I was standing in the courtyard this morning watching people haul troll corpses away from the gates when I saw a small band of dwarfs approach. Most of them brushed past me and went into the fortress, but two wandered over to speak with me. They looked to be a couple by the way they interacted. My suspicion was confirmed when the man stepped forward and spoke to me.

Dwarf:'Good morning to you my fine man. I don't suppose you could tell me if this is Chamberdrums?'
Grim:'It is.'
Dwarf:'Ah, good. You see our daughter Cerol moved out here back in 130 and we were interested in how she's doing.'
Grim:'You could have written her a letter.'
Dwarf:'We did, but no one responded, we weren't surprised considering the state of the roads on the way here. But we felt it best to see what was going on ourselves.'
Grim:'Fine, come with me and we can check the records for her assignment.'
Dwarf:'Thank you. What is your name by the way?'
Grim:'I am Grim, current Overseer of Chamberdrums.'
Dwarf:'Grim? The one who killed the necromancer?'
Grim:'Yes.'
Dwarf:'Then you must know the Countess, and Maskwolf, Daria and the other military veterans of this place!'
Grim:'Yes.'
Dwarf:'Why sir back in the old Mountainhomes your deeds are all legendary, songs are sung about your battles and the wealth of Chamberdrums.'
Grim:'Really?'
Dwarf:'But of course, traders tell stories of the stout defenses of this place.'

At this point we had arrived at my office and I began to search the records for mention of the dwarfs daughter. I was puzzled I must confess. I had no idea we were famous elsewhere.

I stirred from my puzzlement when I caught sight of a piece of paper with the name Cerol at the top. I pulled it free from the records, it was a mortuary report. The couple's daughter died some time ago. I turned to them and handed them the paper.

Dwarf:'So... She's dead then... I feared as much but wouldn't admit it to myself.'
Grim:'...I'm... sorry.'
Dwarf:'Don't be, you're not too blame.'
Grim:'I hope it's not a problem if I ask your name? I'd like to add it to our records, both of arrivals and of Cerol's relatives.'
Dwarf:'Of course... My name is Melbil Ducimid, and this is my wife Stukos, the Queen Consort.'
Grim:'Thank you I'll enter it into... Wait... Did you say Queen Consort?'
Melbil:'I did.'
Grim:'You're the King?'
Melbil:'Yes, I'm the King. King Ducimid, but I prefer Melbil.'
Grim:'I... I don't know what to say your majesty.'
Melbil:'Please, don't make this a big thing. But as long as we're in the records room, could we look for the names of any of my grandchildren in the fort? I happen to know several live here.'
Grim:'Of course. Of course we can.'

I didn't know what to think, this was the King, the man responsible for sending me here... and he was just another dwarf. Calm, neat. A bit short. After we scoured the records for mention of his family I took him to speak to Monitor. She's the Countess, she's meant to be the one who handles this stuff.
The monarch has arrived. I repeat, the monarch has arrived. On a whim I decided to look through his family relations and found that there a few of his descendants living here, I haven't fully counted and labeled them all yet but we have over half a dozen of his grandchildren living in the fort.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:10:57 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

The monarch has arrived. I repeat, the monarch has arrived. On a whim I decided to look through his family relations and found that there a few of his descendants living here, I haven't fully counted and labeled them all yet but we have over half a dozen of his grandchildren living in the fort.
"Houston, we have a problem"
I doubt all of these relatives will stay quiet when their grandpa has this big accident we've been planning.  And some of us might even be friends with them!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Upon hearing the news (which travels faster than the speed of light - it travels with the speed of gossip):

"   We must destroy the entire line, root and branch.  A dormitory of cells there will be, leading into the King's long awaited chambers.  Into these cells we will put all the relatives and grandchildren, even unto the fourth generation.  There they shall languish until all have forgotten their faces, and only at that point will we dispose of both the King and his line.  We shall rename them with cell numbers and give each an iron mask to wear, so that even they themselves will forget their own visage and no longer remember their names or lineage.  It will be... wonderful!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44