Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1088421 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4185 on: June 30, 2015, 05:28:34 pm »

"So, we follow river?"

"We've got time. Better rest up instead, and meet him at the wall later. Besides, we've been eating for half an hour. He's probably far enough ahead that it'd be pretty hard to find him."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: June 30, 2015, 05:32:27 pm »

<okay...>
after eating, I allow myself to doze off and rest, moving my flames to someplace safe to dissipate as I do so.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: July 01, 2015, 04:02:20 am »

Campaign

Zechariah sits idly, looking around every so often and feeling like he might doze off again. Then again, his hunger seems to be overpowering any other sense at the moment. He continues to hear his stomach rumble. Groaning, he mutters to himself, "Dammit... when is he coming back? I'm.. soo.. hungry.... and thirsty. Apple juice.. some rice.. fish.. anything."

As River passes by his area, Zechariah perks up, his interest piqued.
Huh? Where is he going?

Battling against my own instincts, stay on guard and wait for Nikolai to come back before looking for food. If more than twenty minutes pass with no response from Nikolai, go find food myself.[/i]

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: July 01, 2015, 11:01:37 am »

Relieve Zechariah of his guard duty. "Go on get some food."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4189 on: July 01, 2015, 09:06:53 pm »

Staging Area

Illgeo, H4zardZ1
The two of you appear at the central square in what looks like a medieval village.
You're standing next to a fountain with the statue of a woman supported by three animals.
Sitting on the edge of the fountain is a humanoid figure made out of black shadow, with a crow sitting next to it.
They're apparently watching a midget fight a wizard in some sort of re-enactment of a fighting game. Looks like the midget is about to win before the wizard manages to get him off him.

"Ah. New blood. Welcome" the shadow man says to you when he notices you are there. "Did your guys explain what's going on or do I have to?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Before Bryan has a chance to move, Kosak delivers a series of powerful blows straight to his head, cracking the ground below Bryan. Bryan himself is unharmed, but his red bar takes a massive dip. One more hit and he's done for.

Kosak is too busy hitting Bryan to notice that Bryan, his mind unburdened by pain, shifts his hand. As a response, a powerful telekinetic wave hits Kosak's legs, sending him flying through the air, making half a flip and impacting the ground in an angle that would probably had resulted in a broken neck were this a normal fight.

Quote from: Bryan
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Quote from: Kosak
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

"Hey, can you guys wrap this up?" the shadow man shouts. "Got a new mission starting soon. You'll get the briefing on site so there's not much I can tell you, just want to go through the formalities so we can start."

Everyone else
You all get the message to gather outside.
I assume you heed it for expedience's shake so that I can start the mission once the fight is done.
Unless there's something else you want to do.

Final Round

Spoiler: Now for fun! (click to show/hide)

Locate the staircase, then release a giant cloud of toxic gas, once again more as a smokescreen. Then, head up the stairwell, and try to exit the building via a window or fire escape. If none are apparent on the second floor, continue to the third floor and search. The entire way, keep trying to get my acidic spit/spew.
You start regenerating your gasses, but you can't do so instantly. Should had eaten more beans.

You jump over the cashier stations and start running towards the other side of the building, searching left and right for a staircase. At least with eyes on either side of your head, you don't have to look around that much.

You suddenly spot an elevator and stairwell on your left, but before you can run for it, something happens. ((Continue reading.))

Get up. Run into the store Rune's in (if there is a body (dead or nearly dead - doesn't matter) on the way grab it and launch it at Rune). Then pull him to me and grab him with my other arm.
You grab a poor dying civilian, run through one of the displays and throw him towards Rune, aiding the throw with a small telekinetic blast.

Unfortunately, your aim is off and you miss Rune.

Fortunately, the poor civilian bursts through a stall on Rune's left in a small explosion of blood and causes the one behind it to tip and start falling, which in turns falls to the next one, causing the entire row to start falling like dominoes. This cut off that escape route, at least.

Campaign

yeah, sorry. I didn't do anything to indicate otherwise, fault's on me.

"I... I... Okay."
I turn back around and return to the food box.
"Could... Could you get some meat out and set it on the ground for me?"
I then back away to a safe distance from everyone else, and lie down before changing back into fox-form and attempting to save what flame I can from the change.
<I... I need to start trusting your judgement more Ike. You... you seem to be handling this place better than me. I'm letting myself get caught up in old memories. I'm sorry.>
((It's mine too. I should had waited a bit longer, since you were in the middle of a conversation.))
Campaign

"Excellent! Now then, do we have a container thingy to carry this food in? I mean I could just summon another one whenever I get hungry, but it might not have cake in it that time and I like this cake."

I assume I have nothing on me that could carry this much food.

Could I theoretically summon a big wagon and some ice?

Not unless a packmule with air conditioned saddlebags inexplicably appears in your pocket.

You could theoretically summon a big wagon and some ice. Whether or not that's a good idea is another story.

Oh, and forgot to say that last turn, but the power to the fridge went out while you were eating. The fridge is still retaining some coldness (or more correctly, keeping most of the heat out) but it has started to get warmer. This is some of that silly vegetarian hippy organic food, not the good old fashioned genetically modified processed food filled to the brim with preservatives that real men eat. It won't last long in this heat.
Fill my bag with food and drinks.
Also put on one of the communication wire things.

"So, we follow river?"
Hmmm... What could last long in this heat... The water will. And some empty bottles to refill later would be nice... Could also take some apples. What's left of the cake, wrapped in a plastic bag. A bar of dark chocolate. Maybe some of the condiments? Ketchup won't last long and eating it on its own would be strange but it's better than starving. Tomatoes and cucumber... Hmm... are those mushrooms edible raw? The instructions are not in a language you understand. It might not even be their original container for all you know. You chuck them in your bag anyway.

In the end, your bag is heavy with food. They won't last long in this heat, but they'll last more than everything else that's in there, and you'll probably eat them quickly enough for a bit of staleness to not matter.

Once you're finished with your bag, you get all wired up.

<okay...>
after eating, I allow myself to doze off and rest, moving my flames to someplace safe to dissipate as I do so.
Campaign

Zechariah sits idly, looking around every so often and feeling like he might doze off again. Then again, his hunger seems to be overpowering any other sense at the moment. He continues to hear his stomach rumble. Groaning, he mutters to himself, "Dammit... when is he coming back? I'm.. soo.. hungry.... and thirsty. Apple juice.. some rice.. fish.. anything."

As River passes by his area, Zechariah perks up, his interest piqued.
Huh? Where is he going?

Battling against my own instincts, stay on guard and wait for Nikolai to come back before looking for food. If more than twenty minutes pass with no response from Nikolai, go find food myself.[/i]
You and Irine finish the rest of the lemon juice. You continue with some bread, cheese, tomato, lettuce and some cake while she takes care of a turkey.

Everyone
Do you have any plans? Do you want to do anything? Just rest until it's that time you need to leave if you want to reach the walls by sundown?
Choose your destiny.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:08:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: July 01, 2015, 09:10:33 pm »

note: am in fox-form, and prefer meat and water, although am capable of eating most things if need be.

resting
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: July 01, 2015, 09:14:12 pm »

I need that acidic spit and I need it now. Evolve it. See if there is any way to squeeze through the stalls into the elevator. If so, get through and go to the top floor. If not, startle my for by flinging myself directly at him but leaping over him at they last second and exit the building via the storefront Windows or doors.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4192 on: July 01, 2015, 09:27:16 pm »

note: am in fox-form, and prefer meat and water, although am capable of eating most things if need be.

resting

Your preference is noted. Just had you finish the lemonade since it wouldn't last as long as water. And then turkey is just raw meat, so I assume it's fine.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: July 01, 2015, 09:36:31 pm »

You could theoretically summon a big wagon and some ice. Whether or not that's a good idea is another story.
ALAN CONSIDERS THESE POSSIBILITIES NOT CONCERNING

Summon a giant wagon filled with ice cubes to keep the food in!

At nonlethal velocity.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: July 01, 2015, 09:56:16 pm »

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:48:08 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: July 01, 2015, 11:13:36 pm »

Agreed, resting.

Nikolai asks Ike
"What happened when we were dead? Looks like you got in a fight or ten.

(Nik's gonna make sure his power still works after being revived by tsaring a bottlecap a few times. He's also gonna spend some time practicing with his weapons. But mostly relaxing and standing guard, nothing too important.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:17:38 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: July 01, 2015, 11:20:50 pm »

Ketchup keeps just fine on the shelf, actually.  You don't have to refrigerate it.

Spoiler: Final Round question (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: July 02, 2015, 12:54:07 am »

((Is my magnet is the orb one or the object one?))
"Hello there, explain what's going on. I don't know what to do here."
Stand still. Defend myself.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: July 02, 2015, 02:34:48 am »

((Is my magnet is the orb one or the object one?))
"Hello there, explain what's going on. I don't know what to do here."
Stand still. Defend myself.

((Just a little note: Your color might be a bit confusing with my own color at first glance, "As shown here."
I personally have no problem with it, but something to take into account.))

Campaign

Zechariah wastes no time in eating his food. He treated it as if the food was going to disappear if he didn't eat fast enough.

A few minutes in, he slows down and takes time to look around. Noticing Irine there, he decides that he might try to cheer some people up, or at least show solidarity. If they were going to be able to work together, they had to have at least some relation with each other. Well, they could just be business partners, but Zechariah wanted to try being.. friendly for once, instead of sparking arguments with people and complaining about his life. Lord knows he does that too often.

"So, Irine.." He turns to face Irine, but finds that she is getting ready to rest.

I shouldn't bother her. She probably needs the rest. He looks around again, hoping that he could maybe actually strike up a conversation. He sees that Nikolai is talking with Ike.
No, I don't want to interrupt their conversation.. they look like they're busy. Zechariah finishes eating the last of his portion of food, glances around one last time, and picks himself up off the floor, moving to his own corner of the place. He sits down against the wall and pulls his knees toward his body, hugging his legs with his arms. He sighs, closing his eyes.

I don't even know these people. I've just been... I've been trying to recreate the Medium here. But.. that's not how it works. I'm not a Medium anymore. I still have my power, but that comes from myself, not the Medium here. If I did have the Medium, I would be able to do a lot more. But I'm just myself. And when I'm myself... I can barely function.
I want to fight to protect people, but I can't treat them like they're suddenly life friends. Their welfare is tied to my own, but most of them wouldn't even notice if I died permanently. It's a competition, after all. It's a game. In the Medium, people had a reason to form alliances and rivalries, because the fate of our multiverse was at stake, and the only way the Shadows would be beaten is if we understood each others' weaknesses and strengths together.

But it doesn't work here like it did there. I might as well be dead. Well, I might be, considering my soul and physical body were torn apart in the void. Or, that's what I thought.
So why.. why do I keep going on? I don't have a reason to be here anymore. The Medium is safe. I did my part. I chose to die. I could die here if I wanted to. Somebody could take my place. Why not? Why, why, why...

Zechariah puts his head down in his arms.
"Why?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: July 02, 2015, 02:37:20 am »

The best/worst possible thing happens: Alan takes notice.

"Why what?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 521