Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1086486 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5355 on: November 13, 2015, 08:38:37 am »

"That'd be mighty kind of you, showing us your map and all. Let's go and take a look."

Map time!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: November 13, 2015, 09:06:13 am »

"You tried to kill me! Thus... no!"

Kosak may not know much about advanced technology, but he knew plenty about important things. And that fireball staff thingy looked important. Therefore, he grabbed it, ripped it free from anything it might have been attached to, and threw it at his foe. Preferably before his foe could enter the strange machine.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:16 am »

"hehe, thanks mister."
<pfffftttt. as if you don't do the same things. be nice.>
I'll follow him inside to his map. flame orb stays where it is for now.
"It isn't really a dragon we're looking for, it's a large creature from near where we came from. It's capable of shapeshifting, but its last known form was that of a giant centipede. If we can get near it, we can verify its identity despite its shapeshifting. It also has an effect on the environment near it, making the plants, ground, and so on, animate and hostile to anything it deems a target. It is intelligent, and our last information on its whereabouts is at least several weeks old, saying it was to the east of here. It's guilty of familicide and several counts of murder. Our task is to hunt it down."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: November 13, 2015, 04:07:16 pm »

"Knew it! Seeds huh? I have just the thing."

Spew sesame seeds!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: November 13, 2015, 09:48:25 pm »

Go look map. Look at other things too.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: November 14, 2015, 09:01:22 am »

Team A
"Make sure I can see your hands, and make sure they're empty."
If she complies go and restrain her with handcuffs (I have handcuffs as the police right?). Then help her to where she indicated. If I don't have handcuffs still make sure she's unarmed, and go help her. Renew mental defenses, never know when someone might stab you in the back.
((Bit busy, and the beginning of next week might be a bit busy too. Hopefully won't affect posting. Also nice epic rap battles of history reference with the poll title.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: November 14, 2015, 06:21:03 pm »

'Hey entities!  Why do you tell us to value teamwork while also essentially telling us to backstab our buddies?'
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: November 14, 2015, 07:02:43 pm »

Team Abandoning duties, WMD

"Might as well. Be nice to be able to act in my own interests instead of whoever them is that are trying to control me."

More talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: November 14, 2015, 07:11:41 pm »

'Hey entities!  Why do you tell us to value teamwork while also essentially telling us to backstab our buddies?'
((Obiviously, people thinking that you are a part of the team, really helps when you try to shift blame for that knife in one of your teammates back.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5364 on: November 19, 2015, 08:18:12 am »

"Knew it! Seeds huh? I have just the thing."

Spew sesame seeds!
You spew a few sesame seeds inside the enclosure. The creatures closest to you get scared and run away with frightened squeals, but they seem to quickly realise what was thrown towards them, turn around and then run towards the seeds, soon joined by more of the creatures meeping happily. They don't seem to be eating the seeds, more like rolling their face inside them and getting them stuck on the layer of slightly curly wool-like hair covering their bodies.

"That'd be mighty kind of you, showing us your map and all. Let's go and take a look."

Map time!
Map time!

Also, "let me show you my map" sounds like some sort of euphemism but for what, I don't know.

"hehe, thanks mister."
<pfffftttt. as if you don't do the same things. be nice.>
I'll follow him inside to his map. flame orb stays where it is for now.
"It isn't really a dragon we're looking for, it's a large creature from near where we came from. It's capable of shapeshifting, but its last known form was that of a giant centipede. If we can get near it, we can verify its identity despite its shapeshifting. It also has an effect on the environment near it, making the plants, ground, and so on, animate and hostile to anything it deems a target. It is intelligent, and our last information on its whereabouts is at least several weeks old, saying it was to the east of here. It's guilty of familicide and several counts of murder. Our task is to hunt it down."
<Hey! What I do is irrelevant. We're talking about that guy now, not me.
Besides, I'm clearly much better than him. I'd show him, if I had a body.>

"That sounds like a difficult creature to track. And a dangerous one. Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me, I suppose) I have not heard about something fitting that description."

Go look map. Look at other things too.
You follow the man back towards the tower.

"You got this?" he asks as he passes close to Alan and his new friend.
"YesSir!" the jovial falla responds with a small bow.

You let Alan and his new friend play with their hairy balls and get inside the small tower, passing through the arched doorway formed by the two scythe-wielding figures.

The inside is a relatively open space that seems to have been put in use as a lounge room or dining room, with furniture and storage cabinets made out of stone and a bit of wood. The room is dominated by a spiral staircase in its centre, making its way both up and into the darkness below. There is a hole in the wall (in a spot that was apparently free of engravings) leading to an adjacent kitchen, that room being clearly a much newer addition to the building.

In the room there is a woman in her 30s and a boy that must be around 5 years old, trying to clean up the sand that has slipped through a broken window (that also seems to be a new addition to the tower, formed by removing a few stone blocks from the wall) and the remains of the wooden barricade covering it. The boy seems to light up as he sees the man and the ones following him enter the tower. The woman does not seem as happy.
"What's going on here? What are those... things doing here? They are not getting their dirty feet in my house!" she says while at the same time putting a hand on the boy's shoulder to hold it back.
"Relax dear. They're customers." the man says with a forced smile as he continues slowly moving towards the staircase, hiding one hand behind his back and using it to make a motion towards you to follow him.
"Yeah, right. 'Customers'. And since when do animals and freaks have money to be customers? Is this how it is? You get to bring barbaric beasts and criminals and who knows what else in here to-"
"Thanks honey, we'll be done in a minute!" he says as he quickly makes his way up the staircase.
"-whenever you feel like it? Don't you care about me and- Hey! Get back here! I'm not done with you!"

((Just a quick post as I try to get back to posting more regularly.

In RL news, my brother is one lucky bastard. He managed to avoid getting caught in the terrorist attacks by getting delayed a single minute.
Too bad I'm in a different country. He always gets to have all the fun on his own.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: November 19, 2015, 08:36:42 am »

Show the lady the Thief Sign as I ascend the staircase.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: November 19, 2015, 10:02:24 am »

look around as we go inside, memorizing how to get out. also edge away from the woman yelling mean things. mostly though, I'm still following the guy to his map.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: November 19, 2015, 12:12:34 pm »

"Huh. Do they have mouths to eat with, or do they just kinda absorb them through the fluff?"

BirdFuzzballwatch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: November 21, 2015, 04:20:18 pm »

<I'm sure you are D, but that doesn't mean he can't be gracious too. I mean, you're both bigger than me. Besides, it's nice having people be nice to me. Why not just let people be nice and enjoy their niceness?>

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: November 25, 2015, 12:47:15 pm »

Pew pew finger gun at the woman and kid and go up the stairs.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 521