Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This isn't an update. This isn't an update at all!

Patience, young Padawan
- 24 (9.5%)
Bribe lazy owls
- 28 (11.1%)
Prod lazy owls
- 25 (9.9%)
Beat lazy owls
- 25 (9.9%)
Savagely beat lazy owls
- 33 (13.1%)
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
- 66 (26.2%)
Abandon thread
- 18 (7.1%)
Get our own LP, with blackjack and hookers!
- 33 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 179

Author Topic: Expendable Princess [Week 12: Hoops]  (Read 268289 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Expendable Princess [Week 27: Foreshadowing]
« Reply #1125 on: February 22, 2014, 07:27:04 pm »

Actually double votes are counted twice for that category, if I recall right. So its a bit useful to use if you really just want some skill trained, even if just once, as it gives you two votes for it.
In that case...
GO
GO
 :P

Take that, wusses that want to stay home and cower.

Besides, am I the only one that thinks the divination could have been "If you don't go, your kingdom is doomed"?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 22, 2014, 07:57:40 pm »

Besides, am I the only one that thinks the divination could have been "If you don't go, your kingdom is doomed"?

Doomed if we do, doomed if we don't. Isn't that the way prophecy usually works?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 22, 2014, 08:53:55 pm »

Go, in a Tutu. She is a friend, at least in some way, and nobility to boot!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 22, 2014, 11:45:53 pm »

I think the idea of this being a an entirely blind LP went out the window a long time ago. I won't dance around the subject, as I believe based on the tiny things I know now, life and death stuff happens here. I don't know the exact context. I don't know what skills are all involved. But, if we do survive I can actually post in a manner where I haven't been spoiled.

Regardless, I would be ashamed of myself if I influenced the vote here. I shall see what happens and silently cross my fingers that people don't get little axspendable killed. ^.^

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 22, 2014, 11:57:40 pm »

Nope. We've pissed off enough people. Stay home.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 23, 2014, 12:03:31 am »

I think the idea of this being a an entirely blind LP went out the window a long time ago. I won't dance around the subject, as I believe based on the tiny things I know now, life and death stuff happens here. I don't know the exact context. I don't know what skills are all involved. But, if we do survive I can actually post in a manner where I haven't been spoiled.

Regardless, I would be ashamed of myself if I influenced the vote here. I shall see what happens and silently cross my fingers that people don't get little axspendable killed. ^.^

I'm pretty sure that this is meant to be a blind LP. There was even another thread created, for the sole purpose of removing spoilers from this one.

IronyOwl: Can we get an update on the spoiler status of this LP? Maybe a poll on whether spoilers should be allowed? Maybe include an option of "spoilers after we die X times" in addition to "yes" and "no".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 23, 2014, 12:33:54 am »

Why aren't we going yet?

Spoiler: Rationale (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:35:36 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 23, 2014, 02:07:55 am »

Really, at this point, with our military focus, we shouldn't be going anywhere without a score of soldiers within commanding distance, and a regiment within 5 minutes of us at all times... Also, taking an army to a party opens up all sorts of exciting diplomatic opportunities...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 23, 2014, 02:12:37 am »

Go.  We'll just sword everything away.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 23, 2014, 03:23:40 am »

I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 23, 2014, 04:45:44 am »

Question: Why does a vote for "Internal Affairs and Sense Magic" count for one vote for internal affairds plus one vote for sense magic, which is two votes, but a vote for "Reflexes + reflexes" counts as only one vote for reflexes which is only one vote?
It shouldn't. Either I counted wrong or they edited after I'd already counted it.

The results come out even, so I'd assume the latter.

IronyOwl: Can we get an update on the spoiler status of this LP? Maybe a poll on whether spoilers should be allowed? Maybe include an option of "spoilers after we die X times" in addition to "yes" and "no".
I guess we could do a poll or something.

My personal preference would just be for those in the know to disguise their true intentions, though. It's kind of hard to figure out who's going "Ooh this looks ominous, I'll bet there's assassins" and who's going "Ooh I remember this part, can't wait for the assassins," so I've been kind of hesitant to try to shush people.

I would prefer they let other people experience the surprises they got in roughly the same manner they did, though. Ominous spoilered chatter implies something's going on, but I would think would be a good compromise between those who want to enjoy the game and haven't played it yet and those who want to enjoy the game and have.

I'd be interested in hearing everyone else's opinions, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 23, 2014, 05:55:43 am »

I'd suggest maintaining the status quo until the first death, then open it up to spoilers. As complicated as some of the late-game conditionals are, I suspect that even with spoilers we're still unlikely to get a succesful win on our next attempt.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 23, 2014, 06:07:50 am »

I'd suggest maintaining the status quo until the first death, then open it up to spoilers. As complicated as some of the late-game conditionals are, I suspect that even with spoilers we're still unlikely to get a succesful win on our next attempt.

I'd suggest holding a new spoiler poll after each death.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 23, 2014, 09:01:42 am »

Yeah, spoiler poll. And just to piss off the ominious shusher: GO.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 23, 2014, 11:56:35 am »

I'm gonna break my silence on voting here, and say GO. Axespenable is already a 14-year old juggernaut of magical destruction and swordplay, if I remember correctly. I don't remember her skills and I'm not going to bother with looking. Even if she's not, Losing is Fun, eh?

And that's all assuming something is going to happen, which I don't know will, since I've never seen this far into the game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 179