Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 134275 times)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 35 - The Epilogue of Cnoc Adh
« Reply #750 on: February 08, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »

((Maroon works. Also I'm currently in the unenviable position of experiencing some real-life sympathy for Thuun and his legs problem. Specifically, this morning I sprained my ankle to fucking hell and back, and I'm pretty much a cripple for the next two days or so.
This sucks :(
But I get two days off work, so MOAR UPDATES PLOX!))
Try casting a regen spell on it. Maybe that'll help.

Unless, of course, your GM is mean and has banned healing magic.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 08, 2014, 08:18:40 pm »

((Maroon works. Also I'm currently in the unenviable position of experiencing some real-life sympathy for Thuun and his legs problem. Specifically, this morning I sprained my ankle to fucking hell and back, and I'm pretty much a cripple for the next two days or so.

You aren't mean, just strict about the games rules.
...right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 08, 2014, 08:19:25 pm »

((He's a right bastard that GM o' mine))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 08, 2014, 08:28:41 pm »

You aren't mean, just strict about the games rules.
...right?
Yeah, go with strict. The basic rule is that Healing magic can fix any wound, save for one resulting as the price for using magic. To fix those, you need to get creative. Thuun found one method, but there's a handful out there. Ekoka went the old 'rebuild it better, faster, stronger' method like he's the six million dollar man, but his budget took a severe cut. Incidentally, GWG, your earth magic is more refined now. You should fiddle with your hand.

Blimey that was a badly worded sentence.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 36 - Splitting the Loot
« Reply #754 on: February 08, 2014, 08:52:02 pm »

Finally managed to get you guys all back in roughly the same space! Jeez, it’s like herding cats. Please please please don’t split the party on me.

- Turn 36: Splitting the Loot -
At the end of the day, split up the pay…

Meditate. Distract myself from the pain with the sound of my own voice. Don't move.
Trying to mimic a Toan monk you met once, you attempt to meditate so as to distract yourself from the pain. “Ooommmmmm,” you hum under your breath. You’re not entirely sure why monks say that, but they do, so you do too.

However, you keep one eye on the others - particularly Felice. The lucky bastard is hunting for treasure! Enlightenment and one-ness with the universe can wait, there’s gold to be had! He reappears in your field of vision with a peculiarly gnarled and seriously ugly staff that’s capped with a chunk of raw crystal. The crystal looks to be cloudy quartz; not particularly valuable, but not liable to shatter if you brain somebody with it. Felice lays the staff - really, it looks like someone just picked up a tree branch - next to you. “Here you go, mate. Since your last one broke.”

He then returns to being carried, and silently wills his regen to work faster
You, uh, sorta burrow into Baldur’s arms. And mumble, like you’re half-asleep. "You saw her too right? We need to get to a city on the east coast, has a really ornate cathedral." Are… are you curling up?

For your sake, I hope Baldur isn’t a married man, or there’s all sorts of opportunity for hilarious misunderstandings here. Like in those terrible theatre productions you’ve seen sometimes… who was that actor? Sandal? Sandle? Something like that.

Anyway, while you’re doing that you focus on your regeneration. Your legs are still tingling and it feels like the process is coming along swimmingly. Maybe you can nudge it into moving a little faster. (5) You nudge it. And it begins to regenerate your legs faster. Hooray, the time necessary has decreased by a full minute!

(By the way, your jaw is still broken. Maybe extend your regen into your face?)

Baldur carries Thuun back to the group.
“I… uh… I did. Are… Are you nuzzling?” you ask the half-asleep mage. He glares at you. And his cheeks are red. Perfect. You shake your head and put it out of your mind.

“Hey boys, I found our missing mage. Damn fool was hiding under the carriage the whole time!” you call to the others as you meet up with them. You set Thuun down next to the priest and hastily step back, lest the mage try healing Lyu and turn him into a giant green rage-monster.

Felice offers you a basket-hilted sword. “Here you go, mate. I know ya favour using both mitts, but this’ll do nicely.” You shrug and accept the broadsword and buckle it onto your belt. It feels nice to have a whole weapon again, even if it’s one you’re not entirely used to using.

Continue attempting to focus on casting a simple healing spell.
You shut your eyes and draw your mind together, silently sketching out how a simple healing spell would work. (3) You’ve mostly worked out the kinks - you’re pretty sure you know how to avoid critically messing the spell up and having the magic invert and turn Lyu’s chest into a pile of mince.

(Next turn you get a guaranteed +1 if your roll is lower than five. You can still overshoot, though.)

[/color]

Give staff and skull to Lyu! Give sword to Baldur! Inspect the books and start reading a random one, unless it looks evil! Follow party!
You stop to admire your score. “Screw me sideways, this thing comes in handy,” you mutter, absently polishing Kidzuku in gratitude. “Welp. Hey, guys! I found some goodies for us! I've got a new staff for Lyu and a non-broken sword for Baldur. It used to belong to a deadly warrior. If...you care....just throwing that tidbit out there.” You wander around, dishing out your haul to whomever seems to be best equipped to make use of it. You’re a little stumped on Thuun, since he manages to injure himself with most everything, so you decide to hold off on giving him anything just yet.

When you  get to Ekoka, he raises an eyebrow. “Neat. Anything useful for those of us who haven't been getting new goodies lately? Other than inanimate rock hands..."

"I dunno. I've got some silk underwear, but I was thinking of just selling those,” you offer, holding up the fancy silky thing. You idly wonder if it’s as comfortable as it looks, but decide to not try it on. “I also found some books, but I'd like to read them myself, firstly. There was also a skull with some obscene language on it, not sure when or how that will come in handy." You hold up the skull so Ekoka can see it. His eyes peruse the dirty language covering the bleached white bone and, if possible, his eyebrow creeps even higher. You shrug. “I get the feeling that there's still a goodie out there somewhere, but I can't quite seem to pinpoint where.”

"Can I have the skull? It sounds interesting!" Lyu calls from just beyond Ekoka.

"Certainly, knock yourself out. Figuratively speaking." You lob the skull to the priest, who manages to catch it despite his numerous injuries. You privately wonder if he isn’t trying to collect enough bones to build a complete skeleton.

"Oh he can do it literally too,” Thuun remarks dryly as Baldur sets him down. “Yeesh, this place is a mess. Now where's Cyrus?”

"Dead, poor bastard. He got stabbed and then he exploded," Ekoka explains. Thuun’s face pales. “Yeah, it was like he’d picked up a lodestone. Blew the entire buildiong apart. You can see it over there.” He waves over at the still-smoking ruin where the pyromancer met his sudden end.

You sigh and sit next to the mages and pull the books out to examine them more closely. The first book is a royal blue; the front of the book is marked with a weird swirly symbol that looks a little bit like the Limerete symbol for River. The second book, a startling shade of scarlet, has a single golden teardrop on the front. The third book is a pale cream, marked with a starburst drawn in gold foil. The final book is a reddish purple and the golden symbol on the front is a simple circle.

Shrugging, you open the purple book. It… appears to be discussing Force magic. You flick through the pages more out of idle curiosity than anything. The book seems to actually contain magic as well, given how your bracelet is humming; the buzzing intensifies every time you move your left hand closer to turn a page.

Okay folks, that’s it. Next turn, post two actions. The first one is a short action, anything final that you want to do in the village before it’s all wrapped up. GWG, you’re welcome to heal Lyu and go hunting for precious objects, so don’t worry.

Then we’re travelling. I don’t feel like writing up a separate turn just for travelling, so it’s all being lumped into one post.

As such, the second action is a ‘travel’ action - ie, a long-ish action/set of actions you want to do when you stop in a village on your travels. Hopefully it doesn’t finish with Ekoka missing another hand. Be a little creative. The city will have stalls, smiths and the like, but if you want to look around the small village you’re welcome to. There’s all sorts lying around villages that doesn’t turn up in the cities.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:23:37 pm by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 08, 2014, 10:20:15 pm »

Incidentally, GWG, your earth magic is more refined now. You should fiddle with your hand.
Because that's the highest priority at the moment.
Huh. We have a timeskip.

Heal Lyu. Look for precious objects. Contemplate ways to improve my hand.

Read books. At some point when we're stopped, use Life Magic to make my hand alive and under my control. And ideally detachable.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 08, 2014, 10:26:10 pm »

Incidentally, GWG, your earth magic is more refined now. You should fiddle with your hand.
Because that's the highest priority at the moment.

It was just in the nature of a reminder.

Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 09, 2014, 04:19:42 am »

Lie peacefully and appreciate the skies for now. If I get bored, examine swear words on skull.

If I travel, do the same if I am not healed. If I am healed, practice my staff battling skills. If we stop anywhere, look into purchasing armor.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 09, 2014, 11:59:25 am »

1.Focus some regen into fixing my jaw, and assuming Lyu actually gets healed by Ekoka then ask him to give Cyrus a few words and quick service. If Ekoka makes it worse, try and shunt regen into Lyu to make him stable

2. Assuming Ekoka doesn't screw up and intervention isn't necessary, continue waiting for legs to regen. If Intervention had to occur, spend time recasting my regen so that my legs get fixed.

Assuming everything goes well and my legs get totally fixed by the time we reach a town, help Baldur get his greatsword reforged and take the extra broadsword off his hands ((NOT if its iron, you never specified so I'm going to assume its just bronze. I'm further going to assume if it IS iron then Thuun would get some "oh wow this doesn't feel right" sense when reaching for it and stop himself))
After that use any remaining time to look through the scarlet-with-teardrop book first, and the others if enough time still remains.

If I'm stuck once again waiting for sweet regrown legs, just read through the books.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 09, 2014, 12:02:11 pm »

((Why does no one have confidence in my ability to heal? Is it the 0 Life Magic I have?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 09, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »

((Why does no one have confidence in my ability to heal? Is it the 0 Life Magic I have?))
((With me its more "our teammates life is on the line, leave nothing to chance" then just not having confidence in you. I mean, that's there too, but mostly its just for backup :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 10, 2014, 05:12:34 pm »

Three down, two to go! USEC? Pancaek? Helloooooo?

... Is that an echo?
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 10, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »

Short Term Action: ... Search for loot, I guess.
Traveling Action: Find a blacksmith to reforge my greatsword! If that's not possible/it breaks, purchase another greatsword.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 10, 2014, 05:21:57 pm »

((Sorry about not posting, I had class from 8:30 to 20:00 today.))

Short term: Look through the other three books to see what they're about
Long term village action: Find someone who is willing to buy the silken underwear. Also look for a shop that sells bows/arrows and some kind of armor, check what they have for sale. also look if there are any other interesting shops.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 10, 2014, 06:17:26 pm »

((Sorry about not posting, I had class from 8:30 to 20:00 today.))

Dude. Ow. What the hell? How... Okay, that's not funny. What are you studying?
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 74