Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Testing something Quickly: Mad Science May be Included.  (Read 16657 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Testing something Quickly: Mad Science May be Included.
« on: November 24, 2013, 09:49:57 pm »

Ok. Quickly, This:

You are growing a creature in a tube. You can influence it's growth using some chemicals you have. You don't know specifically what they do though. You also know that too many at a time in any of the creature's growth cycles will kill it. You don't wanna do that.

The creature goes through stages of development like this Egg>larva>Adolescence> Adult. Moving to the next development stage resets the toxicity so you can add more chemicals.  Simple.

You've got....71 vials of chemicals to use. You can inject anything from a single dose to a triple dose.

Choose a Number, 1 through 71, and a dosage. I'm going with whatever number and dosage is the most recommended, or with the first one, if there's no consensus.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Testing something Quickly: Mad Science May be Included.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:52:51 pm »

42 MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 09:54:22 pm »

36! DOUBLE DOSAGE!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:57:05 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 09:56:36 pm »

52, single dose.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 09:57:21 pm »

42 MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
+1
Find your towel.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 10:11:16 pm »

4 for death, 666 mL

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 10:18:19 pm »

Let's give it a little bottle of Number Nine. Double dose.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 10:22:39 pm »

42 triple dose
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 10:34:51 pm »

#6, single dose. This creature will be a FREE MAN.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 12:05:14 am »

Looks like 42 Triple dose.

In front of you is a machine. It is extremely complex looking, a giant mound of piano black metal and tubing with dull electronic displays. Embedded at the heart of this machine is a tube, easily twice your height and quite thick. Floating inside the tube is a Greenish slurry of complex proteins and raw organic nutrients, and in that slurry is an egg. It's the size of a basket ball and translucent, with what looks like a strange, fleshy, vaguely annelid, vaguely arthropod looking fetal creature.

You slip the vial labeled 42 into a corresponding slot on the machine and hit the inject button. The vial vanishes into the machine and a moment later discolors the slurry as it is suffused into the chamber.  Over the course of the next several hours, the creature's rather small, needle toothed mouth grows, extending vertically down it's thorax and blossoming into a massive, sideways maw of repeating rows of teeth; like an organic beartrap that takes up most of it's head and chest.

The creature looks somewhat paler then before, it's dark blue veins beating quicker beneath it's still only semi-opaque skin.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 12:07:53 am »

Nothing--Let this one develop to maturity without adding anything else.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 12:08:45 am »

So we can presumably conclude that 42 involves mouths. It seems like a triple dose might have been hard on it, either because of the potency or because it doesn't have the stamina to support a giant mouth and giant claws and giant wings and a giant bladed tail and so on and so forth.

41 double dose
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 12:09:01 am »

WHAT HAVE WE DONE!?

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 12:09:41 am »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 12:10:19 am »

So we can presumably conclude that 42 involves mouths. It seems like a triple dose might have been hard on it, either because of the potency or because it doesn't have the stamina to support a giant mouth and giant claws and giant wings and a giant bladed tail and so on and so forth.

41 double dose
+1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17