Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 114167 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 2 has begun | Act II: Unraveling
« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2014, 06:22:51 am »

Nerjin, in most of your posts, you're making a reasonable appraisal of each player's style and actions. They are nice summaries, and you include a tidbit or two of personal advice, some praise or scolding, and very rarely a non-rhetorical/non 'where are you' question for someone.

Ironically, this is pretty useful for a game of beginners, but it was while I read it here in the first beginner's game I've seen it in, that I realized you're not just doing this because it's a beginner game.  This is -you-, your new playstyle as of the recent BYOR.  So I tried to read into it, to taste your intention and goals - and it feels to me like you are only trying to honestly evaluate play.  Not leaning towards catching Scum, not leaning towards expressing yourself, everything I feel from your words and intention as I read your posts is the honest desire to present an accurate assessment of how others are playing.

What I really do not feel is anything other than an attempt to evaluate and give feedback.  This is giving me an astonishingly null read of you!  While it's neat to have a referee calling out the plays, commentating, and in a sense awarding points; a summary of what you think of everyone is quite important to share but that's more often done at a day's end, after direct and often personal interaction, not primarily observation and reaction without that direct interaction.

Is this style something you're still experimenting with and figuring out how to use?  Would you recommend it to others?  How much of it feels like Scumhunting to you, and how much reporting observations and providing feedback?  Or is reporting and feedback a major part of Scumhunting?  Can you suggest how your style could be read to interpret it for intent and alignment?  It really looks like a wall to me this game.

Cat:
Also, did you have to Persus? Why couldn't you let him poke at it!

Because I felt like poking at it. I like people to actually scumhunt besides just listing who they suspect.

Which him and what it are you referring to here?

Persus13 thought you meant his question to you, about your reasons for your unexplained suspicions, and you don't appear to have followed up with either Persus or Sinlessmoon after this point, though your next post:

We have 2 MLes in case you guys didn't realize, Lets just vote and go with it.

Also, Persus, that post makes you seem to drawing attention away from active people...

You.

You previously said:
I'm voting Jembot to get him to come back
and
Sin is here, but he's not participating. And right now, with the activity, it is perfect for that kind of lurker play.

If those are both about Sin, then you're pretty much paying attention to less actives too.

Before that, you... is this a joke?

Obviously, both the ICs are scum!

BURN THEM!

but despite challenging Nerjin the post before:

Nerjin: So you say you read through our posts? Did you actually read through our posts? Since I voted him for that. Yes. But if you didn't see, I stayed on him for multiple reasons, that kept compounding as the game went on.

You tell Nerjin he's wrong and challenge him for not reading (or understanding you).

Now, Nerjin doesn't react to this, at least he hasn't yet, though he has posted since - his next two posts explain weekend time and visits WIFOM and alternate theories.  This is interesting, he broke his defensive style, but he didn't do it to Scumhunt, he did it primarily to teach small quick lessons (with a mention about where his time is going, quite legitimate that he doesn't have weekend time for the game right now)

But Nerjin doesn't touch Superblackcat's challenge, at least yet.  And Cat doesn't revisit this either, at least yet.

Why not, Cat?

And Cat, what's wrong with Persus13 presenting a case against the lurkers?  How does that case draw attention away from the actives, there's not enough attention to go around and consider everyone?  How was Persus's presentation of his thoughts worse than your more veiled statements of suspicion and use of vote that came before it, worse than mastahcheese's consideration of the lurkers, and that of MOWE who posted after your question?  Why'd you not follow up on your challenge to Persus, or challenge the others on the same issue?

MOWE, Persus13, and mastahcheese

I think all of the active players are town.
Alright, I think we've ruled out active people by now, or at least I have.
To me, the lack of another case means that one of the four lurkers was Makeinu's scumbuddy.

How certain are each of you that the most active players are ruled out as Scum?  I completely agree with voting, and focusing, on the most scummy player(s), but in what you say, all three of you sound like you are done with everyone except a narrow pool of suspects, all of whom have been less responsive or completely silent throughout most of the game.

I do understand ruling people out - I don't have very much to say to those I view as highly likely to be Town, those whose play and logic makes great sense to me and who is reacting very reasonably.  I watch that person and I'm done, as long as their behavior keeps making sense to me.  That's me - and I haven't seen specifically Persus, the only one of you three I actually have played with before, do this before.  In fact, I haven't seen anyone else but myself do this before.  But all three of you appear very comfortable with it this time, so I'd like each of you to explain why you feel comfortable that you're done with each other.

4maskwolf
Another thing to take note of is the fact that with one mafioso dead, the other one will be incapable of bussing anyone else.  Without a more thorough analysis, I don't know what to make of this, perhaps you all could figure something out.

It's fine that you haven't thoroughly analyzed this, but please explain what general significance you think that the remaining Scum being unable to bus anyone else has?

Imp

My lack of a greeting was due to the fact that my hard drive got fried on my computer, so I was posting from my iPod touch.  I've been posting the longer updates from school computers, but I should get my computer back today or tomorrow and be able to take a more active role.
What about you?  You seemed QUITE eager to post as much as possible, despite obstacles.

Lack of a greeting....

Just remember, I will be watching all of you.

Then what's that, if not a greeting?  Telling us you're here, implying that you intend to play - but not actually doing anything other than saying hi in a creative way.  That's what I challenged you about...

I'm bothered by 4maskwolf's opening comment.  Glad he said some form of 'I am here', but that's essentially all he said.

Good to know why you only 'touched base' as it were.  But if that wasn't a greeting to you - what was it?

As for myself, I am indeed QUITE eager to play.  Life's getting in the way, but I'm still very new to Mafia; my first game of any sort of Mafia was BM43, the one that preceded this one (not the Sprint).  I've only played 4 games before this one.  Play requires posting; day 2 is getting late.  This is my first chance to be a replacement that actually replaced in, and I'm replacing someone who was almost silent in a game with around a 40-50% low activity rate.  And I am, life permitting, highly active.

Heck, my first game people were naming my posts (because of their length, not quality, alas.  Maybe the other, someday) and even timing the game as before and after certain of my posts.  I'm not -trying- for that, mind you.  But 'eager' is a great description of me, yes.

However I couldn't care less about how frequently or rarely I post - so long as I get to play with the greatest depth and intensity possible, and the frequency is enough to get the job done - there's Scum to catch, and I don't expect one to catch itself.  I very much want to be part of the process - I'm here to play and play the very, very best I can, and I'm quite annoyed that life's demands are interfering with my playtime here!

Sinlessmoon Exams already?  Ouch.  For me the semester barely has started.  How much time do you believe you'll have for this game; do you intend to replace or will you be able to interact with us fairly frequently? 
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2014, 09:18:04 am »

2. I'm posting this before having read through absolutely everything, but I get the impression that mastahcheese is town: his questions seemed rather pointed and he was the first one to be highly active on the thread.  Imp, I have my eye on you, and MOWE, because he came in at the last minute and suddenly became active.
Interesting point. It's very similar to one previously stated by SBC.

Also, what is your previous experience with Mafia?

As for that, I thought Makeinu would be scum; just one of those things that nags at the back of your head, and he seemed very eager to draw suspicion onto other players. I'm thinking I might go on the offensive soon, consider casting my vote on some suspicious people.
Good to hear. Offensive town play is usually better than defensive town play.

Cat:

Because I felt like poking at it. I like people to actually scumhunt besides just listing who they suspect.

Him is Sinlessmoon, and It was the post where SBC responded to a question about who he trusted the least and most with four words:
Trusted: Mastah
Untrusted: Sin.
Since he didn't back his assertions up at all, I went after him for it.

Persus13 thought you meant his question to you, about your reasons for your unexplained suspicions, and you don't appear to have followed up with either Persus or Sinlessmoon after this point, though your next post:
And if you knew the answer to your question, why was the question relevant?

To me, the lack of another case means that one of the four lurkers was Makeinu's scumbuddy.

How certain are each of you that the most active players are ruled out as Scum?  I completely agree with voting, and focusing, on the most scummy player(s), but in what you say, all three of you sound like you are done with everyone except a narrow pool of suspects, all of whom have been less responsive or completely silent throughout most of the game.
I am NOT ruling out active players solely because they're active, I'm ruling out the active players because for the most part I have town reads from them (I'm slightly suspicious of MOWE and SBC seems to be playing badly), but because the absence of an alternative to the Makeinu lynch makes the lurkers scummy.

I do understand ruling people out - I don't have very much to say to those I view as highly likely to be Town, those whose play and logic makes great sense to me and who is reacting very reasonably.  I watch that person and I'm done, as long as their behavior keeps making sense to me.  That's me - and I haven't seen specifically Persus, the only one of you three I actually have played with before, do this before.  In fact, I haven't seen anyone else but myself do this before.  But all three of you appear very comfortable with it this time, so I'd like each of you to explain why you feel comfortable that you're done with each other.
I'm not sure I understand this paragraph.

This is my first chance to be a replacement that actually replaced in, and I'm replacing someone who was almost silent in a game with around a 40-50% low activity rate.  And I am, life permitting, highly active.
Good to hear, and judging by your Wall of Text, you're back to top form.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2014, 12:20:52 pm »

And if you knew the answer to your question, why was the question relevant?

I knew your answer to Cat's question/the question I asked Cat.  There's so little follow through from Cat, I'm not sure if what Cat asked is what you answered.

I'm not sure I understand this paragraph.

I'm referring back to Mr.Zero of your and my BM43, where I was challenged by a few people for not really interacting with him much.  I struggled to find a way to explain that satisfied anyone (judging from how I kept being asked about it by over half the players across most of the game), but in essence it was because I saw him as solidly Town, especially compared to everyone else in play. 
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2014, 12:54:19 pm »

2. I'm posting this before having read through absolutely everything, but I get the impression that mastahcheese is town: his questions seemed rather pointed and he was the first one to be highly active on the thread.  Imp, I have my eye on you, and MOWE, because he came in at the last minute and suddenly became active.
Interesting point. It's very similar to one previously stated by SBC.

Also, what is your previous experience with Mafia?

My previous experience on these forums is lacking, but I've played mafia in person quite often, under various guises.

And Imp, after reading your responses to me I realized that I had misinterpreted your statement.  Yes, it was a greeting.  The reason I had not posted MORE of a greeting was the fact that my computer's hard drive failed.

My comment about the lack of bussing has no relevance AS OF YET.  It was merely another lens to look at the game through.  Perhaps I am trying to overanalyze, but it's my first game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2014, 02:08:52 pm »

I, too, would like to hear the answer to this.  While I have ruled out MastahCheese as a suspect, I don't follow how you managed to rule out the others and decide to pin the blame on lurkers.  Yes, lurking is a minor scumtell: however, there were, as you said, four lurkers, and only one mafioso.  It isn't possible that all of the lurkers were mafia, so how did you select the individual ones to single out and eliminate?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »

Also, until further evidence has been gathered, I have decided to unvote

The logic behind this:

I have still yet to have the time to examine everyone in depth, what with exams next week for me.  In the face of an accusation, MOWE gave a logical, reasoned response, indicating either more cunning than I give beginners credit for or a fair, reasoned response of a townie.  While I only consider lurking, particularly to the point of replacement, to be a MINOR scumtell, it is nonetheless logical that one of the lurkers would have been the scum in this situation.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2014, 03:39:30 pm »

Sinlessmoon Exams already?  Ouch.  For me the semester barely has started.  How much time do you believe you'll have for this game; do you intend to replace or will you be able to interact with us fairly frequently?

Yeah, my semester is just ending for me. I don't think I'll replace, but I definitely won't have time for large posts. I will however come and check in on things frequently.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2014, 04:24:25 pm »

Imp:

I couldn't find anything extremely scummy about any of the active players. I'm most suspicious of Persus because of how he seemed to struggle with his focus near the beginning. However, I couldn't find anything particularly scummy about him. I could see the sense in mastahcheese's argument that Pufferfish was the scummiest player because he wasn't there and was the only chronic lurker that makeinu didn't attack for lurking. I haven't completely ruled out the active players, but at the time, this was the only lead I had.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2014, 05:19:43 pm »

Imp:

I couldn't find anything extremely scummy about any of the active players. I'm most suspicious of Persus because of how he seemed to struggle with his focus near the beginning. However, I couldn't find anything particularly scummy about him. I could see the sense in mastahcheese's argument that Pufferfish was the scummiest player because he wasn't there and was the only chronic lurker that makeinu didn't attack for lurking. I haven't completely ruled out the active players, but at the time, this was the only lead I had.

My only retort to that is that Makeinu was rather focused on saving his own hide from being skinned (which he failed at), so he was less likely to notice all of the lurkers.  Also, if he was already going down, why would he draw attention to a fellow Mafioso in such a blatant way?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2014, 06:26:00 pm »

Nerjin, in most of your posts, you're making a reasonable appraisal of each player's style and actions. They are nice summaries, and you include a tidbit or two of personal advice, some praise or scolding, and very rarely a non-rhetorical/non 'where are you' question for someone.

Ironically, this is pretty useful for a game of beginners, but it was while I read it here in the first beginner's game I've seen it in, that I realized you're not just doing this because it's a beginner game.  This is -you-, your new playstyle as of the recent BYOR.  So I tried to read into it, to taste your intention and goals - and it feels to me like you are only trying to honestly evaluate play.  Not leaning towards catching Scum, not leaning towards expressing yourself, everything I feel from your words and intention as I read your posts is the honest desire to present an accurate assessment of how others are playing.

What I really do not feel is anything other than an attempt to evaluate and give feedback.  This is giving me an astonishingly null read of you!  While it's neat to have a referee calling out the plays, commentating, and in a sense awarding points; a summary of what you think of everyone is quite important to share but that's more often done at a day's end, after direct and often personal interaction, not primarily observation and reaction without that direct interaction.

Is this style something you're still experimenting with and figuring out how to use?  Would you recommend it to others?  How much of it feels like Scumhunting to you, and how much reporting observations and providing feedback?  Or is reporting and feedback a major part of Scumhunting?  Can you suggest how your style could be read to interpret it for intent and alignment?  It really looks like a wall to me this game.

Cat:

We have 2 MLes in case you guys didn't realize, Lets just vote and go with it.

Also, Persus, that post makes you seem to drawing attention away from active people...

You.

You previously said:
I'm voting Jembot to get him to come back
and
Sin is here, but he's not participating. And right now, with the activity, it is perfect for that kind of lurker play.

If those are both about Sin, then you're pretty much paying attention to less actives too.

BURN THEM!

but despite challenging Nerjin the post before:

Nerjin: So you say you read through our posts? Did you actually read through our posts? Since I voted him for that. Yes. But if you didn't see, I stayed on him for multiple reasons, that kept compounding as the game went on.

You tell Nerjin he's wrong and challenge him for not reading (or understanding you).

Now, Nerjin doesn't react to this, at least he hasn't yet, though he has posted since - his next two posts explain weekend time and visits WIFOM and alternate theories.  This is interesting, he broke his defensive style, but he didn't do it to Scumhunt, he did it primarily to teach small quick lessons (with a mention about where his time is going, quite legitimate that he doesn't have weekend time for the game right now)

But Nerjin doesn't touch Superblackcat's challenge, at least yet.  And Cat doesn't revisit this either, at least yet.

Why not, Cat?

And Cat, what's wrong with Persus13 presenting a case against the lurkers?  How does that case draw attention away from the actives, there's not enough attention to go around and consider everyone?  How was Persus's presentation of his thoughts worse than your more veiled statements of suspicion and use of vote that came before it, worse than mastahcheese's consideration of the lurkers, and that of MOWE who posted after your question?  Why'd you not follow up on your challenge to Persus, or challenge the others on the same issue?

4maskwolf
Another thing to take note of is the fact that with one mafioso dead, the other one will be incapable of bussing anyone else.  Without a more thorough analysis, I don't know what to make of this, perhaps you all could figure something out.

It's fine that you haven't thoroughly analyzed this, but please explain what general significance you think that the remaining Scum being unable to bus anyone else has?

Imp

My lack of a greeting was due to the fact that my hard drive got fried on my computer, so I was posting from my iPod touch.  I've been posting the longer updates from school computers, but I should get my computer back today or tomorrow and be able to take a more active role.
What about you?  You seemed QUITE eager to post as much as possible, despite obstacles.

Lack of a greeting....

Just remember, I will be watching all of you.

Then what's that, if not a greeting?  Telling us you're here, implying that you intend to play - but not actually doing anything other than saying hi in a creative way.  That's what I challenged you about...

I'm bothered by 4maskwolf's opening comment.  Glad he said some form of 'I am here', but that's essentially all he said.

Good to know why you only 'touched base' as it were.  But if that wasn't a greeting to you - what was it?

As for myself, I am indeed QUITE eager to play.  Life's getting in the way, but I'm still very new to Mafia; my first game of any sort of Mafia was BM43, the one that preceded this one (not the Sprint).  I've only played 4 games before this one.  Play requires posting; day 2 is getting late.  This is my first chance to be a replacement that actually replaced in, and I'm replacing someone who was almost silent in a game with around a 40-50% low activity rate.  And I am, life permitting, highly active.

Heck, my first game people were naming my posts (because of their length, not quality, alas.  Maybe the other, someday) and even timing the game as before and after certain of my posts.  I'm not -trying- for that, mind you.  But 'eager' is a great description of me, yes.

However I couldn't care less about how frequently or rarely I post - so long as I get to play with the greatest depth and intensity possible, and the frequency is enough to get the job done - there's Scum to catch, and I don't expect one to catch itself.  I very much want to be part of the process - I'm here to play and play the very, very best I can, and I'm quite annoyed that life's demands are interfering with my playtime here!

Imp, On the lack of follow-ups, is that I rarely have the time to take notes, and I usually don't exactly remember what I say. In fact, thanks for reminding me :P.

I wasn't really asking him a question. I was just... I dunno, joking around? Telling him that I don't actually just jump in and post 4 words on a regular basis, and this was trying to get a reaction?

The way Persus said it, sounded like. "Active people are pretty much comfirmed town IMO, I'm active btw. Lets lynch these lurkers." I understand his reasoning, but that seems to be trying to not get found out himself.

Also, I really don't think that both ICs would be... scum. Just from the standpoint of a BM game, even given that Tiruin rolled for it, I would think she would reroll, because none of the new player gets as much help/ scum experience. And there is no point for the scum IC really. But that's all meta gaming.

I would like Nerjin to answer it. Please and thank you.

Also, 4maskwolf: That's were you come in. Persus will be especially keeping an eye on you two, since you two replaced in. If you guys slip up! Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas, and may that ditch be comfortable!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2014, 12:47:59 am »

Imp:

BURN THEM!
I'm pretty sure this was a joke, SBC seems to be rather light-hearted, and it was actually a rather innocent jest that got me to crack down on Makeinu, after all, so I'm fine with it.

I'm fairly certain. I'll go ahead and give my reasons for them.

•Superblackcat - SBC was technically the first person to vote Makeinu. He did a lot of work on tunneling him, and getting him to slip up and give not just himself, but others great openings to attack. He and Makeinu were at odds almost the entire game.
•Sinlessmoon - Makeinu attempted to throw SLM under the gallows more than anyone ought to try for a simple policy lynch. And not just once, but multiple times attempted to redirect the subject towards that. I don't think he'd have tried that hard for a D1 bus attempt.
•Imp - You replaced Jembot. There are two things currently going for you on my radar. 1, Makeinu's attempts to throw suspicion at Jembot, and the possible slip I mentioned earlier.
•Persus13 - Persus is doing a pretty good job of hunting and being aggressive. At first, I thought they were a little reactive, but the ferocity of which they attack openings and opportunities convince me otherwise. Particularly the new posts since you two have replaced in have given me hope.
•4maskwolf - You replaced Pufferfish, who I'm still convinced is the most probable scum. Your recent answers haven't been much to persuade me otherwise, as I actually opened up a tab to reply to some of what you've said earlier, and realized that you didn't really leave me with much to question.
•MyOwnWorstEnemy - Lacking confidence, but I can see it coming through now. MOWE has made some good arguments and reasoning's, and I trust their logic.
•Nerjin - I don't know what to say about Nerjin. But I don't get the "scum" vibe from him. I said way back toward the start of the game that's been more interested in being a teacher, rather than a leader.

Sort of put my whole reads in that, but I doubt you'll mind.

I'm not sure if it's just in the way that you word this, but I'm having a lot of trouble reading and interpreting this.

Overall, it's hard for me to read through your posts because you're very wordy with your responses.
This isn't a bad thing, it just takes me a re-read or two.

4maskwolf:

My only retort to that is that [1] Makeinu was rather focused on saving his own hide from being skinned (which he failed at), so [2] he was less likely to notice all of the lurkers.  [3] Also, if he was already going down, why would he draw attention to a fellow Mafioso in such a blatant way?
[1] How would you know if he was focused on that? It sure seemed that way, but if I, myself, were in that position, I'd care less about saving myself and more about keeping Town from finding my scumbuddy. Particularly, if you look toward the end of the day, he didn't really post all that much anymore. It was like he just gave up. By the end, he had just accepted it, he didn't go down kicking and screaming like you'd expect.
[2] I'd like to argue this point. Quite a lot, in fact. He pointed attention to Sinlessmoon numerous times, he pointed attention to Jembot on multiple occasions, he pointed Nerjin on several posts. I seem to remember him also going after MOWE and possibly even Persus at times. In fact, I'd beg to argue that he was the most aware of lurkers then entire game.
[3] It wasn't blatant. In fact, it seemed to me that he actually might have put that one reference in there so that your argument could be made. He didn't point out Pufferfish because he was his buddy, and it started to dawn on him that he'd been singling out lurkers the whole time, and forgot him, so pointed it out that one time just to seem like he didn't forget him.

And MOWE wasn't even making any form of attack, why are you suddenly defending Makeinu?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:17 am »

Imp:

BURN THEM!
I'm pretty sure this was a joke, SBC seems to be rather light-hearted, and it was actually a rather innocent jest that got me to crack down on Makeinu, after all, so I'm fine with it.

I'm fairly certain. I'll go ahead and give my reasons for them.

•Superblackcat - SBC was technically the first person to vote Makeinu. He did a lot of work on tunneling him, and getting him to slip up and give not just himself, but others great openings to attack. He and Makeinu were at odds almost the entire game.
•Sinlessmoon - Makeinu attempted to throw SLM under the gallows more than anyone ought to try for a simple policy lynch. And not just once, but multiple times attempted to redirect the subject towards that. I don't think he'd have tried that hard for a D1 bus attempt.
•Imp - You replaced Jembot. There are two things currently going for you on my radar. 1, Makeinu's attempts to throw suspicion at Jembot, and the possible slip I mentioned earlier.
•Persus13 - Persus is doing a pretty good job of hunting and being aggressive. At first, I thought they were a little reactive, but the ferocity of which they attack openings and opportunities convince me otherwise. Particularly the new posts since you two have replaced in have given me hope.
•4maskwolf - You replaced Pufferfish, who I'm still convinced is the most probable scum. Your recent answers haven't been much to persuade me otherwise, as I actually opened up a tab to reply to some of what you've said earlier, and realized that you didn't really leave me with much to question.
•MyOwnWorstEnemy - Lacking confidence, but I can see it coming through now. MOWE has made some good arguments and reasoning's, and I trust their logic.
•Nerjin - I don't know what to say about Nerjin. But I don't get the "scum" vibe from him. I said way back toward the start of the game that's been more interested in being a teacher, rather than a leader.

Sort of put my whole reads in that, but I doubt you'll mind.

I'm not sure if it's just in the way that you word this, but I'm having a lot of trouble reading and interpreting this.

Overall, it's hard for me to read through your posts because you're very wordy with your responses.
This isn't a bad thing, it just takes me a re-read or two.

4maskwolf:

My only retort to that is that [1] Makeinu was rather focused on saving his own hide from being skinned (which he failed at), so [2] he was less likely to notice all of the lurkers.  [3] Also, if he was already going down, why would he draw attention to a fellow Mafioso in such a blatant way?
[1] How would you know if he was focused on that? It sure seemed that way, but if I, myself, were in that position, I'd care less about saving myself and more about keeping Town from finding my scumbuddy. Particularly, if you look toward the end of the day, he didn't really post all that much anymore. It was like he just gave up. By the end, he had just accepted it, he didn't go down kicking and screaming like you'd expect.
[2] I'd like to argue this point. Quite a lot, in fact. He pointed attention to Sinlessmoon numerous times, he pointed attention to Jembot on multiple occasions, he pointed Nerjin on several posts. I seem to remember him also going after MOWE and possibly even Persus at times. In fact, I'd beg to argue that he was the most aware of lurkers then entire game.
[3] It wasn't blatant. In fact, it seemed to me that he actually might have put that one reference in there so that your argument could be made. He didn't point out Pufferfish because he was his buddy, and it started to dawn on him that he'd been singling out lurkers the whole time, and forgot him, so pointed it out that one time just to seem like he didn't forget him.

And MOWE wasn't even making any form of attack, why are you suddenly defending Makeinu?
I was defending myself, and honestly mostly from you. And mastahcheese, I'm not questioning you for reasons I already stated: that I am fairly certain you are innocent.

As for the whole Makinu-pufferfish thing: Makinu was a rather experienced player, an IC in training, as he was called in the OP. I find it doubtful that he would forget to policy-lynch his own scumbuddy, which would be a fairly basic mistake to make. Either I overestimate his ability or you underestimate it.

Imp: if you had to pick one person who you believed was scum, right now, who would you choose?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:36 am »

Oh, and Nerjin, we haven't heard from you since Imp and I came into the game. Does this effect your game plan at all, and did anything we have done force you to reevaluate the people in question.

To everyone: beware the tunnel vision effect.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2014, 01:19:39 am »

I was defending myself, and honestly mostly from you. And mastahcheese, I'm not questioning you for reasons I already stated: that I am fairly certain you are innocent.

As for the whole Makinu-pufferfish thing: Makinu was a rather experienced player, an IC in training, as he was called in the OP. I find it doubtful that he would forget to policy-lynch his own scumbuddy, which would be a fairly basic mistake to make. Either I overestimate his ability or you underestimate it.
How were you defending yourself from me when I haven't actually attacked you yet? I had a hold-over vote on you that I simply kept due to a lack of new evidence that would make me unvote. And as I said earlier, it didn't even seem like MOWE was attacking at all. Yet you say you are defending yourself. From what?
Overestimate or underestimate, everyone makes mistakes.

Oh, and Nerjin, we haven't heard from you since Imp and I came into the game. Does this effect your game plan at all, and did anything we have done force you to reevaluate the people in question.
I'm unbelievably tempted to call this deflection. But I'll leave that to someone else to decide.

To everyone: beware the tunnel vision effect.
Oh, trust me, I know. The last person to tell me that flipped scum.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2014, 01:31:11 am »

Alright then, MastahCheese. As you say. Seeing as how I appear to be on the lynching block, go May as well share what I know.

I am the cop.  Pufferfish did, in fact, send in a scumcheck: on. Mastahcheese. He is innocent. Confirmed town.

My only guess as to his lurker behavior was either troubles in his/her life he/she could not expect or a hope that with the large numbers of lurker in the game, he could slip by unnoticed by both town and scum until he found the actual scum.

I doubt this will change anyone's votes. I don't expect it to. And even though there are a couple days till the deadline, I have a feeling that I will be lynched no matter what, due to poor play brought on by inexperience.

For the rest of the townies: root out the traitor. You can do it

I will spend the remaining time trying to gather all possible info together for town viewing.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38