Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169433 times)

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1065 on: February 03, 2014, 09:55:09 am »

Sry double post.

Gildemoron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 03, 2014, 03:33:59 pm »

Whats with butchers chopping xxx's partial skeletons over and over in butchers workshop? I have noticed that butchering invaders (humans, elves, dwarfs etc.) creates these partial skeletons

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 03, 2014, 03:58:54 pm »

Whats with butchers chopping xxx's partial skeletons over and over in butchers workshop? I have noticed that butchering invaders (humans, elves, dwarfs etc.) creates these partial skeletons

They use them to make bone chops, which are counted as meat, in small stacks. You can just forbid or dump them somewhere to get them to stop.

rEvolutionTU

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 03, 2014, 04:39:35 pm »

I just got completely stomped by my first elven ambush about a year and a half into the game. Mithril weapons and armor crushed through a horde (15ish?) of zombies and about 20 Ghouls/Warlocks/Skeletons/Mephits. I tried a second game and this time during autumn a Dwarven siege showed up that also wrecked my 25 total dudes. I'm definitely doing something wrong. :3

So far I've tried to rush towards more Zombies/Skeletons, grabbed all the souls on the map and tried to work from there, is the idea more to bring two anvils, get the Boneforge asap and throw everyone into leather armors? Should you hide behind walls and bridges like in regular DF?

Usually I'd check a Let's Play or something similar but I don't think there is any released yet. I'm kind of looking for an early roadmap I think. All seems super easy to me till that first siege/ambush. All my civ settings and stuff like that are left at default.

Random typo in the manual:
Pylons: You might have noticed that skeletons turn opposed-to-life now and then. If they run too far from your Warlocks, you cant control them. Build a network of Pylons at the Soul Syphon to establish control across the map. More info later in the manual.

Should read "Necro Shrine" instead of "Soul Syphon".

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 03, 2014, 04:48:56 pm »

You pretty much have to button up and hide for... Ever. Not really, but it's advisable to make your only entrance also full of deadly traps Preferably one tile wide and extremely long with a 6 deep pit full of pointy things at the bottom, along with a ready group of skeletal archers. More so than normal, at least until you have safe Pylons scattered everywhere and enough skeletons to drown any attack in sheer numbers.

Just get whatever wood you think you'll need before the end of the first summer. Evidently Warlocks may not be able to farm trees, making them considerably less bright than most dwarves. Haven't actually been able to get a sawmill up to check.

I have a suggestions, those being two cryptlords, one for melee and one for ranged combat, and using prisoners (caged preferably, but those taken in raids could be used too) as live bait to attract ghouls with a 50-50 shot at success (either they'll hear/smell the poor bastard and kill and eat him him, netting you a new ghoul and a dead POW, or they won't, leaving you with the prisoner and grumpy thoughts that you have to try again.)

rEvolutionTU

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 03, 2014, 05:14:10 pm »

Hmmm... I'll try that, cheers. Still wondering if we're maybe both missing something since "just hide for the first couple sieges" doesn't sound like the thing Meph would force one to do with a race that seems built around killing stuff and turning killed stuff into more stuff. =P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 03, 2014, 05:20:10 pm »

Hmmm... I'll try that, cheers. Still wondering if we're maybe both missing something since "just hide for the first couple sieges" doesn't sound like the thing Meph would force one to do with a race that seems built around killing stuff and turning killed stuff into more stuff. =P

Between the bone bags needing to be controlled and no migrants after the first two due to no trading there really doesn't seem to be any other decent options, especially if the elves come to play since they can just waltz right up to the front door until the next game version comes out. Once you have a sufficient number of skeletons and a warlock to lead them fighting sieges becomes significantly easier though.

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 03, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »

What do you guys usually do for food while you wait out sieges? Have you been able to find a way to get seeds for edible plants? The Demon Attorney sells blood goats, but I'm not sure if they're grazers. If not, buying a herd of them seems like the most solid plan.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 03, 2014, 08:20:49 pm »

Is anyone else having trouble breeding livestock?

It seems that no matter what I capture, be they skunks, bone wolfs or lions, will refuse to breed. Did you disable breeding somehow Meth?

Also I'm not sure if its intentional or not but butchering captured prisoners yields nothing what so ever.
I've also had some issues corrupting caged invaders, an orc artisan specifically, into a ghoul.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:24:13 pm by Geneoce »
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 03, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »

It seems that no matter what I capture, be they skunks, bone wolfs or lions, will refuse to breed. Did you disable breeding somehow Meth?

Also I'm not sure if its intentional or not but butchering captured prisoners yields nothing what so ever.
I've also had some issues corrupting caged invaders, an orc artisan specifically, into a ghoul.

A lot of wild animals have longer incubation periods then domestic animals. Animals also won't breed in cages and I thought that warlocks had animal training disabled, so its hard to get them out of cages safely. There's no way to raise animals for meat with warlocks, besides starting with some if you're lucky or some elaborate set-up with feral animals and cages. The nothing from captured prisoners definitely sounds like a bug. I think your problem with the invader corruption might be that the victim is an artisan, which is a special caste in the orcs. That might interfere with the corruption script.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 03, 2014, 08:46:32 pm »

What do you guys usually do for food while you wait out sieges? Have you been able to find a way to get seeds for edible plants? The Demon Attorney sells blood goats, but I'm not sure if they're grazers. If not, buying a herd of them seems like the most solid plan.

I usually have plants to feed the sorcerers and the small number of ghouls your start with shouldn't be able to burn through that much food too quickly. And if you managed a secure waterway, you can always have the ghouls fish and keep them fed that way.

You may just not be waiting long enough to see any results or there just happened to be no opposite sex members in a group you caught, making for no pregnancies. Some animals won't breed period though, usually certain evil ones (bone wolves don't sound like they'd be able to reproduce) or the special ones elves bring in dwarf mode. May as well just capture, "tame" and commence to slaughtering them for their souls.

As far as corruption goes that was a bit buggy to begin with, so that's not really surprising. Hence my idea for using them as live bait for ghouls instead. Spawn a whole new critter and gets rid of the prisoner, though of course the corpse will probably be useless as a result what with the ghoul eating the poor bastard...

The prisoner thing sounds like a bug to me what with the reliance on them for plotting raids. Probably a missing bracket somewhere :P

EDIT: Damn it, ninja'd.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 03, 2014, 08:53:03 pm »

-words-
-more words-

Ah thanks mates. I was thinking the special caste may have been the problem.

As to the lack of animal training I've been setting skeletons to trainers in the internal labour manager, so there's no shortage of trained animals. I do think breeding is disabled though, because I'm not certain that skunks have a 3+ year incubation period and I do have both female and male tamed specimens. Going to reembark anyway due to a vampire deciding that wine wasn't as good as the purple life-fluids of my overlord. Will do some further testing.

I thought it was strange because they used to drop stuff when marked for butchery, prisoners that is. Guess I'll just keep turning them into ghouls. In respects to caged invaders what workshop has the lure ghoul reaction?
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 04, 2014, 02:31:34 am »

Really like the idea of converting people into corrupting the soul itself and all that technical mumbojumbo so, hearing word that ghouls don't co-op properly kinda made me sad.
oh wait I remember warmist made a disguise plugin that allows units to get away with murder maybe it's possible to use that to convert prisoners into minions, or strip the soul of any hostilities of the site?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1079 on: February 04, 2014, 03:04:49 am »

I think that problem is solved. It was just a dfhack r3 version of the script in the test version... in the release it should be possible to corrupt the invaders, using make-own.

Its in the Torture Chamber. (luring ghouls can be done at the graveyard, using meat)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 110