Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169428 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1110 on: February 06, 2014, 12:48:59 pm »

So can warlocks make pearlash? My KON kinda wants a clear glass window in his (underground) room.

I believe so. Fairly certain warlocks are able to buy some at embark.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 06, 2014, 02:15:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen.
One of my ghouls just got taken by a strange mood, claimed a craftsmans shop, grabbed two kaolonite boulders, and created a kaolinite abacus encrusted with kaolinite cabochons
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 06, 2014, 02:17:43 pm »

One of my ghouls just got taken by a strange mood, claimed a craftsmans shop, grabbed two kaolonite boulders, and created a kaolinite abacus encrusted with kaolinite cabochons

Moods can still happen regardless of what you play as unless you disable moods altogether.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 06, 2014, 02:19:41 pm »

It'll happen no matter what. All playable races experience moods unless artifacts is disabled. humans, Warlocks (and by extension skeletons/ghouls,) dwarves, you name it. Just won't get any skill gains in this case.

EDIT: Damn it, ninja'd.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 06, 2014, 02:21:26 pm »

Moods can still happen regardless of what you play as unless you disable moods altogether.
Oh. It just seemed weird. There's no way to disable them by creature or caste then?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 06, 2014, 02:24:02 pm »

Oh. It just seemed weird. There's no way to disable them by creature or caste then?

Nope. It's either moods or no moods.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1116 on: February 06, 2014, 02:42:52 pm »

Moods are intended.

Pearlash can be made, in the Chemist.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 06, 2014, 04:42:52 pm »

So... this just happend:
I was building a platform over a magma lake in the first cavern when a giant mole rat got in via an opening a missed and attacked my skeli worker. In the fighting the skeli was knocked over the edge and strait into magma. Assuming him (her?/it?) dead i had my ghouls deal with the rat and continue construction. A while later i got the announcement that an other magma lake was discovered, but i hadent explore any yet. So i looked and founded that it was several z lvls below me. Knowing that skeletons are magma proof i checked and, sure enough, my skeli was    not only alive but compliantly unharmed, just going down the lava like it was slide! Eventually he even found candy and soon came to rest at the bottom of the magma, still unharmed in the slightest btw. And no he isint upgraded in any way, he is just a normal bone skeleton.
Soooo yea...  ???

EDIT: Now he got a mood. This sould be fun?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:45:40 pm by Jaso11111 »

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 06, 2014, 07:55:51 pm »

So... this just happend:
I was building a platform over a magma lake in the first cavern when a giant mole rat got in via an opening a missed and attacked my skeli worker. In the fighting the skeli was knocked over the edge and strait into magma. Assuming him (her?/it?) dead i had my ghouls deal with the rat and continue construction. A while later i got the announcement that an other magma lake was discovered, but i hadent explore any yet. So i looked and founded that it was several z lvls below me. Knowing that skeletons are magma proof i checked and, sure enough, my skeli was    not only alive but compliantly unharmed, just going down the lava like it was slide! Eventually he even found candy and soon came to rest at the bottom of the magma, still unharmed in the slightest btw. And no he isint upgraded in any way, he is just a normal bone skeleton.
Soooo yea...  ???

Why are you confused? Seems like just another day in "My Little Dungeon, Magma is Magic!"
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Blazebase

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 07, 2014, 03:11:39 am »

Hey Meph, I just stumbled upon two things there were rather interesting...

First up, Those zombies that are spawned in the lvl 2 nerco building? Those things are lacking a lot of traits that would strike me as zombie like, plus there is the fact that they move faster then most birds and elves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is also the fact that I can spawn a zombie with the teeth of another fallen zombie, just one to make a full on shambling corpse that runs at crack speed. Also they are butcherable, and drop souls which is a bit much for just a tooth.

Now, when I took a look at the raws for these little speed devils, I noticed that they have a syndrome... But it wasn't done correctly so it was inactive, not sure if this was intended. Same thing with the ghouls with their conversion syndrome.

Now, after some tweaks and some changing around and testing... I made a zombie that is pretty weak alone, but you wouldn't want to use a spear or hammer for this guy, you'd kill yourself overtime in prolonged combat.

In addition, My little dungeon was attack by these little thieving monkeys and when my mephits went in to attack, they didn't use any of their syndome attacks or abilities. I thought that was broken too, but it checked out fine. When I tested them in the arena, they were working fine. Kinda weird.

Just wanted to share that little bit.

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure.  ~Author Unknown

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 07, 2014, 04:36:33 am »

Hey Meph, I just stumbled upon two things there were rather interesting...

First up, Those zombies that are spawned in the lvl 2 nerco building? Those things are lacking a lot of traits that would strike me as zombie like, plus there is the fact that they move faster then most birds and elves.

There is also the fact that I can spawn a zombie with the teeth of another fallen zombie, just one to make a full on shambling corpse that runs at crack speed. Also they are butcherable, and drop souls which is a bit much for just a tooth.

Now, when I took a look at the raws for these little speed devils, I noticed that they have a syndrome... But it wasn't done correctly so it was inactive, not sure if this was intended. Same thing with the ghouls with their conversion syndrome.

Now, after some tweaks and some changing around and testing... I made a zombie that is pretty weak alone, but you wouldn't want to use a spear or hammer for this guy, you'd kill yourself overtime in prolonged combat.

In addition, My little dungeon was attack by these little thieving monkeys and when my mephits went in to attack, they didn't use any of their syndome attacks or abilities. I thought that was broken too, but it checked out fine. When I tested them in the arena, they were working fine. Kinda weird.

Just wanted to share that little bit.
you want to talk funny you can talk to the zombies and they will act like normal citizens if you retire the fort well normal to any necromancer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 07, 2014, 06:01:48 am »

So... this just happend:
Soooo yea...  ???

Why are you confused? Seems like just another day in "My Little Dungeon, Magma is Magic!"
I guess so  :P
Btw Meph, a workshop that teleports its worker a few tiles in front of it. Deep magma diving skelis! I wonder how they react with big falls...

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 07, 2014, 07:09:23 am »

Not convinced that Vampires are worth the effort to maintain. For some reason any blood barrels i embark with refuse to be placed in a stockpile. I made a stockpile with everything enabled and they still left the barrel in the embark wagon. Then my Vampires do not even bother drinking the blood, and instead drain one of my Warlocks. Ive had this happen a few times now. Blood wine seems to work, but then there is no way to only allow Vampires to drink it without setting up some really annoying burrows. I could use the Blood Winery thing, but in the end its just annoying micromanagement.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1123 on: February 07, 2014, 07:13:23 am »

I noticed a problem with them as well. It seems that the buff from the bloodwine runs out, the bloodsucker tag comes back, and the very first thing they do is run straight for a victim. Its probably because the trigger behind it counts up, even if the bloodsucker tag is temporarily missing. And as soon as it comes back, the attack is triggered. -.-

Its like adding NOEAT to a hungry animal. The hunger is suspended, but as soon as the NOEAT times out, the creature is just as hungry as before.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 07, 2014, 09:28:43 am »

An idea to reduce micromanagement of adding Skeletons to the military: Creating the masterwork item also reduces their Discipline skill to zero, so we can exclude already "militarized" skeletons via workshop skill ranges. It's kind of tiring to sort out ten or twenty "Shambling Skeletons" manually. Also, no more blinking units EVERYWHERE.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110